You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Vieira
August 2 2021 11.19pm

Vieira

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 37 of 39 < 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 20 Jul 21 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Hopefully not too many more. Reckon we need 2-3 more max. Otherwise too much disruption and it'll be like watching a completely unfamiliar team. I'll have to fall in love all over again. As long as the backbone of Guiata, Tomkins, Luka, Schluppy and Benteke remain, I suppose it'll be okay.

As if Cahill goes , thatís three from the centre defence gone, only one in so far, both full back positions need an update, the midfield needs one more, at least, and the stricker situation , needs at least one so I would want to see at least three or four more new faces capable of first team football, come in. The space has been made in the squad, It doesnít mean the team has to be turned upside down, to fill those spaces, in the early stages, but without a cup run there are 38 hard games to be got through, and we will need everyone we can get on board, if we are to have a decent season without to much stress.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 25 Jul 21 9.36pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Interesting and encouraging to see what Jose Fonte says of his time under Vieira's management at Nice:

ďAt Nice he did a good job in the first few seasons, of course we all know how incredible he was as a player, but as a manager he was perceived as someone with quality. I am looking forward to seeing what he can bring to Crystal Palace.Iím looking forward to what he can bring to the Premier League and to that team and it will be interesting to see what he can do, I think he definitely has what it takes to succeed.Ē

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 25 Jul 21 10.04pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

As if Cahill goes , thatís three from the centre defence gone, only one in so far, both full back positions need an update, the midfield needs one more, at least, and the stricker situation , needs at least one so I would want to see at least three or four more new faces capable of first team football, come in. The space has been made in the squad, It doesnít mean the team has to be turned upside down, to fill those spaces, in the early stages, but without a cup run there are 38 hard games to be got through, and we will need everyone we can get on board, if we are to have a decent season without to much stress.

Yeah but we had a surplus of CB. Even Roy mentioned that. RB I think is sorted with Ward, Clyne, Fergusson and Kelly as emergency. Midfield, sure we could have a loan...although when Eze and Olise are fit, we're covered. And yes, agree we need another striker now that I've seen Mateta in action. Benteke is #1...but needs competition. So I'll update my list to needing 4 more in - a LB, midfielder, winger and striker.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Knightstar's Profile Knightstar Flag Guildford 25 Jul 21 10.51pm Send a Private Message to Knightstar Add Knightstar as a friend

I don't think RB is sorted, as Clyne and Ward are both past their best and are no more than cover in an ideal set-up and Ferguson has yet to show he can get onto the pitch. So I think we need a young, dynamic RB, even if it's only a loan. I think LB is probably sorted as Mitchell was pretty decent last season and should continue to develop and Hamman could be pushing him.
I think we need another CB and hopefully we will get Andersen and then we need a RW to replace Andros and a box-to-box midfielder like Conor Gallagher. Then we might look at an extra forward to compete up front.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 25 Jul 21 11.57pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Knightstar

I don't think RB is sorted, as Clyne and Ward are both past their best and are no more than cover in an ideal set-up and Ferguson has yet to show he can get onto the pitch. So I think we need a young, dynamic RB, even if it's only a loan. I think LB is probably sorted as Mitchell was pretty decent last season and should continue to develop and Hamman could be pushing him.
I think we need another CB and hopefully we will get Andersen and then we need a RW to replace Andros and a box-to-box midfielder like Conor Gallagher. Then we might look at an extra forward to compete up front.

1) Ward will be the same reliable, no-frills RB we've had for the last few years. Plus Clyne has had half a season and a full pre season to get up to speed.

2) Mitchell was 'okay' last year at LB. Nothing more. We're certainly stronger at RB than LB in my opinion.

3) Agree, another winger and striker (different to Benteke) would do nicely.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 26 Jul 21 7.47am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

1) Ward will be the same reliable, no-frills RB we've had for the last few years. Plus Clyne has had half a season and a full pre season to get up to speed.

2) Mitchell was 'okay' last year at LB. Nothing more. We're certainly stronger at RB than LB in my opinion.

3) Agree, another winger and striker (different to Benteke) would do nicely.

Will olise make your team?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 26 Jul 21 7.51am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Will olise make your team?

Sorry. Wrong thread

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 26 Jul 21 2.05pm Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'That Viera Touch' by becky

PV is busy building what may look like, on paper, a very good team. But he has no experience of the cut and thrust of PL management. So just putting a decent 11 together is just the start - unless he is handed by Zeus a lorry load of beginner's luck.

The first few games of the season are going to be intriguing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 26 Jul 21 2.12pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'That Viera Touch' by becky

The players we are getting now are not signing for Crystal Palace they are Signing for Patrick Viera, He has a wealth of experience of the premier league and some good performances as a manager, Mid table is still our target but with a bit more excitement

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 26 Jul 21 3.16pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'That Viera Touch' by becky

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

But he has no experience of the cut and thrust of PL management.

Just like Jurgen Klopp, when he took over Liverpool then. And Arsene Wenger when he took over Arsenal. And Jose Mourinho when he took over Chelsea.

The point is, that's an absolutely vacuous comment. Not having managed in the PL before is absolutely no guide to future success.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 26 Jul 21 3.58pm Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'That Viera Touch' by becky

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

Just like Jurgen Klopp, when he took over Liverpool then. And Arsene Wenger when he took over Arsenal. And Jose Mourinho when he took over Chelsea.

The point is, that's an absolutely vacuous comment. Not having managed in the PL before is absolutely no guide to future success.

Since when has pointing out a fact been a vacuous comment? You quote managers with previous significant European football pedigree going to top four clubs with big cheque books. This is little 'ol Palace who have always appointed managers who have had some success with other little 'ol PL clubs.

In two minds about this appointment but fascinated to see the results.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View truleigh's Profile truleigh Flag 26 Jul 21 4.36pm Send a Private Message to truleigh Add truleigh as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'That Viera Touch' by becky

No hopes here. He managed on Broadway and the French Riviera. I don't like his appearance. He looks like a gangster. Nothing to do with race, but he reminds me of a big boy. Have absolutely no idea why we chose him.

 


I, your glass,
Will modestly discover to yourself
That of yourself which yet you know not of.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 37 of 39 < 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Vieira