You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Marc Guehi
June 25 2022 2.06am

Marc Guehi

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 07 Sep 21 9.24am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

When he left Chelsea a group of their fans thought he was future England captain material.

He is obviously a way off, but the senior team isn't blessed with CBs and Gareth is happy to pick the kids so who knows, a year of good prem performances might put him in contention

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag South Cronx 07 Sep 21 9.30am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Isn't it nice to have players in-and-around the England set-up. Hopefully this will be another proof point that playing for Palace can be a gateway to the top level and attract up-and-coming talent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 07 Sep 21 6.32pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

If he can inherit the Gary Cahill mantle of leadership
this will be good for us.

The present (and missing) captain has no apparent leadership qualities.

James McArthur makes an able deputy who leads by hard work and example.

 


I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find someone older than me.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 08 Sep 21 9.43am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Uphill

If he can inherit the Gary Cahill mantle of leadership
this will be good for us.

The present (and missing) captain has no apparent leadership qualities.

James McArthur makes an able deputy who leads by hard work and example.

Okay….except for the fact multiple players and Hodgson have said otherwise.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 08 Sep 21 10.26am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

I thought that both he and Gallagher had a decent game last night against Kosovo.

All very good experience for them and trust they got through unscathed. Certainly no news of injuries.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 08 Sep 21 11.41am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

I thought that both he and Gallagher had a decent game last night against Kosovo.

All very good experience for them and trust they got through unscathed. Certainly no news of injuries.

Problem is that every decent game that Gallagher has pushes him further out of reach in terms of price

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 08 Sep 21 11.56am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Problem is that every decent game that Gallagher has pushes him further out of reach in terms of price

Yep, will also make Chelsea keener to hang on to him.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 17 Nov 21 11.26pm Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

Good to hear he got a goal for the England U21s last night. And almost better to note he only came on after 77 minutes when they were already 3-0 down against Georgia

[Link]

Edited by mileend (17 Nov 2021 11.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 May 22 9.16am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Click bait says Spurs want to sign him, I don't see that happening as Levy will not spend the money he will probaly offer us Clive Allen in a player swap.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 25 May 22 9.24am Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Click bait says Spurs want to sign him, I don't see that happening as Levy will not spend the money he will probaly offer us Clive Allen in a player swap.

My understanding is that if we do sell, Chelsea has a clause giving them the right of first refusal. And I'm told that he is very much in their mid-to-long-term plans. However, no danger of it happening this summer. As for Spurs wanting to sign him, I'm sure they do. Along with half-a-dozen other top clubs. But that's just clickbait. Reporter: "Mr. Conte, what do you think of Marc Guehi?" Conte: "Great player". Story in newspaper" "Spurs move in for Guehi".

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 25 May 22 9.33am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Click bait says Spurs want to sign him, I don't see that happening as Levy will not spend the money he will probaly offer us Clive Allen in a player swap.


If he wants to keep Conte then he'll have to. However, if, as has been rumoured before, Chelsea want Guehi back, he may prefer to return there, especially given their shortage of quality CBs for next season (Boehly's consortium is apparently making £200m available for strengthening their squad this summer).

Having said all that, I want Guehi to stay BUT if a big enough offer comes in I suspect the club will take it and reinvest it in several decent prospects.

We have to accept that now we have valuable player assets, bigger clubs will come sniffing round for then.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 May 22 9.42am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


If he wants to keep Conte then he'll have to. However, if, as has been rumoured before, Chelsea want Guehi back, he may prefer to return there, especially given their shortage of quality CBs for next season (Boehly's consortium is apparently making £200m available for strengthening their squad this summer).

Having said all that, I want Guehi to stay BUT if a big enough offer comes in I suspect the club will take it and reinvest it in several decent prospects.

We have to accept that now we have valuable player assets, bigger clubs will come sniffing round for then.

Chelsea would be a more realistic prospect as they would pay the money, I hope he goes nowhere.

Spurs and Arsenal interest in our players never bothers me all piss and wind they only want players on the cheap and Parish doesn't do cheap.

Edited by Badger11 (25 May 2022 9.43am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Marc Guehi