You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Edouard or Abraham or neither?
December 8 2021 7.10am

Edouard or Abraham or neither?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 16 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

 

View Kant's Profile Kant Flag exeter 18 Aug 21 10.05pm Send a Private Message to Kant Add Kant as a friend


Originally posted by dreamwaverider

I agree. And talking of youngsters just look at Pedri at Barcelona. Only 18 now, yet he was star of the Euros for Spain. Already a champions league star. Yet this time last year he was at Las Palmas, just next door for you Lanzo. This season should be Sakyi breakthrough. And I donít think Banks will be far behind.

I make you right. There are plenty of teenagers who are shining just now on the big stage. Bellingham has just turned 18 for instance. And Sancho was turning out for Dortmund at 17. Then thereís Greenwood, Hudson-Odoi and Sakha all at 19 and playing for so called top 6 clubs. I donít see how we can improve our talented youngsters by leaving them on the sidelines. Jesurun Rak-Sakyi has been a breath of fresh air in his cameo appearances this summer and he gives every impression of having that illusive X factor. So Iím with the guys who want to see more of him. I genuinely donít think we will be doing him or ourselves any favours by wrapping him in cotton wool and blocking his opportunities in the first team simply because heís Ďtoo youngí. Itís a cliche, but if youíre good enough, youíre old enough, and Jes looks more than good enough for our set up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pompeyeagle's Profile pompeyeagle Flag Relocated to Shropshire 18 Aug 21 10.11pm Send a Private Message to pompeyeagle Add pompeyeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Couldn't we offer Ayew as part of the deal, save 32.500 a week and get rid of a player who produces nothing

Good plan! I like it. Maybe we could throw in Mateta as some kind of buy one get one free deal!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 19 Aug 21 9.44am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

I would like to think we set the bar of expectation a little higher than 9 league goals now.

The insinuation was that Ayew produces nothing, I agree he is frustrating, but he was our top scorer, so what does that say about the rest of the forward line.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 19 Aug 21 10.03am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Kant


I make you right. There are plenty of teenagers who are shining just now on the big stage. Bellingham has just turned 18 for instance. And Sancho was turning out for Dortmund at 17. Then thereís Greenwood, Hudson-Odoi and Sakha all at 19 and playing for so called top 6 clubs. I donít see how we can improve our talented youngsters by leaving them on the sidelines. Jesurun Rak-Sakyi has been a breath of fresh air in his cameo appearances this summer and he gives every impression of having that illusive X factor. So Iím with the guys who want to see more of him. I genuinely donít think we will be doing him or ourselves any favours by wrapping him in cotton wool and blocking his opportunities in the first team simply because heís Ďtoo youngí. Itís a cliche, but if youíre good enough, youíre old enough, and Jes looks more than good enough for our set up.

So are you suggesting that '' our talented youngsters '' - whoever you think they may be, are all immediately thrust into regular first team football ?

Hodgson got stick for apparently refusing to give youth a chance. Vieira said after the game on Saturday that he had players on the bench that '' are not ready ''. I know who's opinion I trust, and it's not those on here that think that a flash of potential and team success at U23 and U18 levels warrants these players being introduced wholesale into the First Team.

As I have posted before, Rak-Sakyi looks to be the pick of a promising bunch and it was good to see him get his opportunity last Saturday. He needs more of that and maybe some extended game time in the Carabao Cup. But I think it would hinder his development, not enhance it, by playing him regularly from the start.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 19 Aug 21 10.58am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by pompeyeagle

Good plan! I like it. Maybe we could throw in Mateta as some kind of buy one get one free deal!


If he was ours to give away, then yes, but I think you'll find he's still only on loan with us, so it will be back to Mainz in due course I expect.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 19 Aug 21 11.06am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

So are you suggesting that '' our talented youngsters '' - whoever you think they may be, are all immediately thrust into regular first team football ?

Hodgson got stick for apparently refusing to give youth a chance. Vieira said after the game on Saturday that he had players on the bench that '' are not ready ''. I know who's opinion I trust, and it's not those on here that think that a flash of potential and team success at U23 and U18 levels warrants these players being introduced wholesale into the First Team.

As I have posted before, Rak-Sakyi looks to be the pick of a promising bunch and it was good to see him get his opportunity last Saturday. He needs more of that and maybe some extended game time in the Carabao Cup. But I think it would hinder his development, not enhance it, by playing him regularly from the start.


Agreed. We also need to get our team settled into the new system before we start asking our youngsters to play. It's going to be difficult enough for them to adjust to PL football as it is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
jeeagles Flag 19 Aug 21 11.21am

Originally posted by doombear
Agreed. We also need to get our team settled into the new system before we start asking our youngsters to play. It's going to be difficult enough for them to adjust to PL football as it is.

There's no substitute to game time. If they players aren't getting on the pitch then you can't expect them to develop.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 19 Aug 21 11.40am Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

As Viera, said he had people on the bench that were not ready. So for the moment enough said. That wouldnít preclude them ever being ready . But itís clear they are not yet. Iím a Rak-Saki, fan , if it was Championship, or below ,he could figure more often , as it stands he has to be introduced very carefully.
The problem is.Why are they on the bench if not ready for doing a job? Yes itís right to let one or two from time to time get the feel of it, and even get the odd ten minutes, but itís obvious Viera, is going to need more than that.
The answer has to be there was no one else , And that can only reinforce, the other thing he said which was he needed more players. The question has to be broader than would we take Edouard , itís more a case of ,will we get anyone, and beyond that who else.? Taking it a step further , are Parish, and Viera,completely in step on this, ? Is this turning into another ,we wanted to but couldnít situation, after making promises it would happen?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 20 Aug 21 11.00pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

Edouard for 15 million, yes please

 


[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 21 Aug 21 5.33am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Apparently he's asking for £85,000 a week. Could be what's holding up any deal witht he teams after him.

What would you say he's worth wages-wise?

Also that post two up from this was f***ing difficult to read.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 21 Aug 21 7.16am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by crvenaeagle

Apparently he's asking for £85,000 a week. Could be what's holding up any deal witht he teams after him.
What would you say he's worth wages-wise?

Also that post two up from this was f***ing difficult to read.

40k

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 21 Aug 21 12.12pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

If we want him 40k won't be enough to persuade him. Likewise 85k is too much to ask for an unproven player.

If he believes he is worth 85k, get him to put his money where his mouth is. 50k with a substantial goal bonus and an end of season bonus if he hits 15 goals.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 16 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Edouard or Abraham or neither?