You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > British and Irish lions
October 25 2021 6.44pm

British and Irish lions

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 31 Jul 21 7.11pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

24 -9. Oh well, makes the third test all the better to watch!Glass half full here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 31 Jul 21 7.22pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

24 -9. Oh well, makes the third test all the better to watch!Glass half full here.

Ah, 27-9, fcukers!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilesy01's Profile Wilesy01 Flag Bristol 31 Jul 21 8.22pm Send a Private Message to Wilesy01 Add Wilesy01 as a friend

Based off the second half performance the Lions deserved what they got. Couldn't catch a high ball and got bullied in the scrum.

Huge questions about the first half. Kolbe should have certainly got red and De Klerk looked as though he could have gone for clotheslining Murray!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 31 Jul 21 8.29pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Wilesy01

Based off the second half performance the Lions deserved what they got. Couldn't catch a high ball and got bullied in the scrum.

Huge questions about the first half. Kolbe should have certainly got red and De Klerk looked as though he could have gone for clotheslining Murray!

I think the Saffas are getting fitter by the day, it"s going to be interesting next week but on todays showing, they might take some stopping.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
jeeagles Flag 01 Aug 21 5.27pm

Originally posted by croydon proud

I think the Saffas are getting fitter by the day, it"s going to be interesting next week but on todays showing, they might take some stopping.

Absolutely right.

Perhaps they had the rub of the green in terms of decisions, but I thought the ref did a good job of keeping things contained.

We shouldn't have changed a winning side. Having Daley on the pitch would have given a bit more protection to the chip and chase.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 01 Aug 21 5.49pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Absolutely right.

Perhaps they had the rub of the green in terms of decisions, but I thought the ref did a good job of keeping things contained.

We shouldn't have changed a winning side. Having Daley on the pitch would have given a bit more protection to the chip and chase.

Its actually the best way to win, game 3. A bit like winning the play offs, much better than going straight up in second place, something to look forward to next weekend!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 02 Aug 21 4.02pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Its actually the best way to win, game 3. A bit like winning the play offs, much better than going straight up in second place, something to look forward to next weekend!

I think your glass is considerably more than the "half full" that you mentioned in your previous post!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 02 Aug 21 5.36pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Hogg cost us heavily with his poor catching and the erratic stop, start play caused by too much reliance on the TMO were two critical factors in the result. We appeared to lose our way in the second half.

Bring on a few more of the Welsh boys next week like Liam Williams, Wynn Jones and Rees-Zammit. That'll stir them up a bit.

Will be a tough one next Saturday especially if Erasmus continues with his farcical water boy routine. The refs should keep him inside his technical area.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Aug 21 5.47pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

We really got bullied there and frankly the officiating ruined the first half, and quite a bit of the whole game. There was foul play by both sides that was obvious and replayed but totally wrongly interpreted. Dubious try, dubious scrum decisions, dubious knock ons. But, ultimately, South Africa well deserved the win. If allowed to bully they will, match fire with fire and pick the biggest guys up front and center next week, plus guys who can catch in the backs. I suspect Daly full back, Watson wing but Van De Meurve has to go. His kick out should have been a red in my opinion, and he was absolutely awful the whole match. At least Hogg gave as much as he could, just caught out in the air too many times.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 03 Aug 21 12.05am Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

I think your glass is considerably more than the "half full" that you mentioned in your previous post!

Ha, yes, you could be right!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 05 Aug 21 4.49pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Terrible decision to start with Owens at hooker. He's an average hooker at best. George a far better option for a big game.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 05 Aug 21 4.51pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Terrible decision to start with Owens at hooker. He's an average hooker at best. George a far better option for a big game.

How much does Owen's charge?

Tom might be interested

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > British and Irish lions