You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > One player from the past for this team
October 20 2021 11.14am

One player from the past for this team

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 24 Aug 21 3.49pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Feel free to 'transfer' this thread into another forum (badum tish) but if you could take one player from our history and pop them into this team, who would you pick.

I think I would go peak Andy Johnson just because, as well as his goals, he would transform our pressing game. Although Wright was a markedly better player.

(This is also a discussion of what this team needs).

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EagleinSF's Profile EagleinSF Flag San Fransisco 24 Aug 21 4.06pm Send a Private Message to EagleinSF Add EagleinSF as a friend

Lombardo. We need a CM that's composed on the ball, can read the game and play the killer through balls to the front/ wide players

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 24 Aug 21 4.32pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by EagleinSF

Lombardo. We need a CM that's composed on the ball, can read the game and play the killer through balls to the front/ wide players

Yes but he could do a lot more than that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 24 Aug 21 4.50pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Steve Kember.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 24 Aug 21 5.44pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Was he any good? What would he bring? I was too young to really know the players of that era, although I loved Swindlehurst.

I wonder if we just need a high energy midfielder with fantastic passing. Jairo with pace and power for eg.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 24 Aug 21 5.46pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

Was he any good? What would he bring? I was too young to really know the players of that era, although I loved Swindlehurst.

I wonder if we just need a high energy midfielder with fantastic passing. Jairo with pace and power for eg.

Oh, you mean Andy Gray !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View manwitheagletattoo's Profile manwitheagletattoo Flag Somewhere in England 24 Aug 21 5.52pm Send a Private Message to manwitheagletattoo Add manwitheagletattoo as a friend

Mike Elwiss serious injury robbed him top class striker could have gone on and played for England IMO

 


South London & Proud
Sometimes I really wonder if family are really worth it.
Because it doesnít matter how time and affection you give
Itís never enough

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 24 Aug 21 5.56pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

There are so many that would be great. Ian Wright an obvious one. Any of our past good full backs, including even AWB, but Kenny Sansom, Lombardo and plenty of others including the Clyne before Liverpool.
Wingers, Bolasie in his pomp, Salako, McGoldrick, Hilaire.
Midfield, Gerry Murphy, Geoff Thomas, Andy Gray, the young Cabaye - all would improve us.
The main central defenders that would be great, Cannon an obvious, Ninja and Thorn - however, I think the young ones we have bought may turn out good, as far as I can tell.
As it's one - has to be Wright for his goals, which we seem to lack. Wright would be Kane, Haaland, Lukaku prices today.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 24 Aug 21 5.57pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Oh, you mean Andy Gray !

Certainly good, but was he that great with his passing? I don't think so. When Wright left, Gray's passing went to pot. And I don't think he was sulking. I think Wright made runs that gave midfielders great options.

Peak Andy Gray was only when Wright was at the club, and at no other time in his career.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 24 Aug 21 5.58pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

There are so many that would be great. Ian Wright an obvious one. Any of our past good full backs, including even AWB, but Kenny Sansom, Lombardo and plenty of others including the Clyne before Liverpool.
Wingers, Bolasie in his pomp, Salako, McGoldrick, Hilaire.
Midfield, Gerry Murphy, Geoff Thomas, Andy Gray, the young Cabaye - all would improve us.
The main central defenders that would be great, Cannon an obvious, Ninja and Thorn - however, I think the young ones we have bought may turn out good, as far as I can tell.
As it's one - has to be Wright for his goals, which we seem to lack. Wright would be Kane, Haaland, Lukaku prices today.

But which one, bearing in mind they replace someone?

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 24 Aug 21 6.00pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

Certainly good, but was he that great with his passing? I don't think so. When Wright left, Gray's passing went to pot. And I don't think he was sulking. I think Wright made runs that gave midfielders great options.

Peak Andy Gray was only when Wright was at the club, and at no other time in his career.

Well that's the one I'd have !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 24 Aug 21 6.08pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

But which one, bearing in mind they replace someone?

Wright for his goals - he can replace any of our forwards - who are never going to be as prolific as he was. Currently, send Mateta back and travel in time to steal the 22 year old Wright from Greenwich Borough or whatever it was.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > One player from the past for this team