You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace Squad questions and opinions
October 23 2021 10.19am

Palace Squad questions and opinions

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 25 Aug 21 4.53pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Whilst I sympathize with his loss I wonder if he gets paid for his time off bearing in mind that he gets paid in a week what many HOLers earn in a year

Agreed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elwissthebest's Profile Elwissthebest Flag Marlborough 25 Aug 21 6.26pm Send a Private Message to Elwissthebest Add Elwissthebest as a friend

A number of posters talk of the need to sign a winger.
Andros Townsend would walk into our team at present! How we came to decide that he was dispensable, and offered Ward a new contract, beggars belief.
We certainly need to sign a new striker before this window closes. Our present options are clueless, and if we wait until the next window opens, there's a real risk it'll be too late.
People seem to be pinning an awful lot of hopes on Banks and Rak-Sakyi. It's pleasing to think of real potential here, but that's not the same as throwing these two in at the deep end.
Depressing as it was that our strongest suit lost to an experimental Watford side, the decision was correct in the sense that the new team needs to gel as quickly as possible. Huge expectation on the shoulders of Premiership novices: Guehi, Gallagher, not to mention Olise. Chickens coming home to roost after two seasons of stasis.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 25 Aug 21 6.50pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Whilst I sympathize with his loss I wonder if he gets paid for his time off bearing in mind that he gets paid in a week what many HOLers earn in a year

Mate heís contract is his contract...!!

And thatís a ridiculously insensitive comment to make..!!

Some people never cease to amaze me..!!

Best wishes to you and the family Luca..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radicalsteve's Profile radicalsteve Flag ottawa 25 Aug 21 6.55pm Send a Private Message to radicalsteve Add radicalsteve as a friend

Originally posted by Elwissthebest

A number of posters talk of the need to sign a winger.
Andros Townsend would walk into our team at present! How we came to decide that he was dispensable, and offered Ward a new contract, beggars belief.
We certainly need to sign a new striker before this window closes. Our present options are clueless, and if we wait until the next window opens, there's a real risk it'll be too late.
People seem to be pinning an awful lot of hopes on Banks and Rak-Sakyi. It's pleasing to think of real potential here, but that's not the same as throwing these two in at the deep end.
Depressing as it was that our strongest suit lost to an experimental Watford side, the decision was correct in the sense that the new team needs to gel as quickly as possible. Huge expectation on the shoulders of Premiership novices: Guehi, Gallagher, not to mention Olise. Chickens coming home to roost after two seasons of stasis.

Can anyone explain to me why we always wait until the last minute to fill a yawning gap in the squad, the result of which means we pay over the top for the player and again for his wages. FFS, why didn't Dougie and Parish line up a centre forward and full back before the window opened, knowing that we were hiring an unproven manager who has no choice but to change the system - or we should have recruited Sean Dyche to perpetuate the old ways ...... beyond belief!

Edited by radicalsteve (25 Aug 2021 7.00pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hannes's Profile Hannes Flag Vienna 25 Aug 21 7.28pm Send a Private Message to Hannes Add Hannes as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

1. Ward is ok, good enough for a 2-year extension, and good to be a squad players but should not be our starting RB (thatís not his fault)
2. Iím sure he is trying. WH will be a bit more box to box
3. His Dad died, some time off isnít that hard to understand surely?
4. No, they arenít. CB wont work if we donít cross, and JA is better through the middle
5. Apart from that Brighton goal, he has shown nothing, Iíd rather we stopped pretending and got rid now
6. Agree. Iíd go so far to say I think we should try and get 2 of each.

Iím, sure Parish knows the investment in the squad over the last 4/5/ seasons hasnít been enough, and Roy did an amazing job with what he had. And given the De Boer fiasco, Iím sure he knows that if we are going to completely change the footballing philosophy then we need to change personnel too.

IMO we have 2 key issues that need addressing:

We need mobility at the top end of the pitch. Wilf and JA like the ball to feet, CB wonít move unless itís a cross he can attack. We need a striker and/or a wide man that is willing to make runs in behind to stretch things. (Look at Pogba and Fernandes in week 1, Fernandes willing to gamble and Pogba good enough to find him).
CBís role at the club should be like that of Any Carrollís at the end of his Newcastle stint, impact sub if plan A isnít working.

We need intensity and a willingness to get on the ball in the middle. CG will do both those roles for us, but we need another. WH may be the answer, or a mix of Lucca and Macca might give us that. Ideally weíd find another Yohan C, but they are not easy to find. When Eze is fit Iíd expect him to play in the whole, and CG will drop a little deeper.

He was often accused by posters that he stayed in the middle far too long instead of trying to get on the ball! BTW, think Wayne Hennessey has moved to Burnley, so no longer an option for this task.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 25 Aug 21 8.15pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Whilst I sympathize with his loss I wonder if he gets paid for his time off bearing in mind that he gets paid in a week what many HOLers earn in a year

None of our business.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 25 Aug 21 8.37pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

It seems unlikely that anybody will join before the weekend.
It could be another case of brinkmanship with us trying to conclude three signings in 24 hours before the window 'slams' shut.
There seems to be an inevitability about it.
I think we'll get Hughes , a winger on loan and a striker.
With the returning Olise and Eze, and perhaps even Ferguson, this will hopefully be enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 25 Aug 21 8.41pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Whilst I sympathize with his loss I wonder if he gets paid for his time off bearing in mind that he gets paid in a week what many HOLers earn in a year

I'm glad you are not my employer. Regardless of wage the decent thing to do is to give someone some time off.

If you think differently you should be ashamed of yourself

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View babylonjohn's Profile babylonjohn Flag St Leonards-on-Sea 25 Aug 21 9.09pm Send a Private Message to babylonjohn Add babylonjohn as a friend

Originally posted by radicalsteve

Can anyone explain to me why we always wait until the last minute to fill a yawning gap in the squad, the result of which means we pay over the top for the player and again for his wages. FFS, why didn't Dougie and Parish line up a centre forward and full back before the window opened, knowing that we were hiring an unproven manager who has no choice but to change the system - or we should have recruited Sean Dyche to perpetuate the old ways ...... beyond belief!

Edited by radicalsteve (25 Aug 2021 7.00pm)

I dont think we wait till the last minute by choice but as relatively small fish in the premier market we have to wait till the big boys make there big money moves and then it becomes clearer who is surplus to requirements etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 25 Aug 21 9.11pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

I'm glad you are not my employer. Regardless of wage the decent thing to do is to give someone some time off.

If you think differently you should be ashamed of yourself

A week is normal ,not 2 months, that's what i got when my Mum died

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 26 Aug 21 7.53am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad


A week is normal ,not 2 months, that's what i got when my Mum died

Plus the compassionate leave that he had last season when a family member was ill.

Some of the responses here made me smile as it seems like an episode of Monty Python with the next person trying to outdo the previous one in political correctness with the winner of the Daft response of the month award going to silvertop for his comment that it's none of our business.

Probably one third of posts on here and Transfer Talk are concerned with players' wages so why doesn't silvertop post his mantra after all of them as by the same token their wages are none of our business too

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 26 Aug 21 8.44am Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Whilst I sympathize with his loss I wonder if he gets paid for his time off bearing in mind that he gets paid in a week what many HOLers earn in a year

Wow

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace Squad questions and opinions