You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Dan James
October 16 2021 10.13pm

Dan James

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 29 Aug 21 6.27pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

looked back & surprisingly couldnt see a thread on him.

apparently utd offering him out after ronaldo signed, and we one of the clubs interested.

massive yes from me…would be a great signing if true.

could ‘osh’ make a difference in getting him to us?

Edited by braunstoneagle (29 Aug 2021 6.30pm)

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 29 Aug 21 6.37pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

looked back & surprisingly couldnt see a thread on him.

apparently utd offering him out after ronaldo signed, and we one of the clubs interested.

massive yes from me…would be a great signing if true.

could ‘osh’ make a difference in getting him to us?

Edited by braunstoneagle (29 Aug 2021 6.30pm)


We are probably more his level than Man U. I got the impression he found playing for United too oppressive and consequently his performances were to erratic.

He could be a good loan. I say 'loan' rather than 'buy' because I expect Olise will be one option wide on the right for us when match fit and I wouldn't want to block Rak-Sakyi's route to the first team because IMO he's progressing rapidly and will be ready for the PL sometime this season, possibly sooner rather than later.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 29 Aug 21 7.03pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


We are probably more his level than Man U. I got the impression he found playing for United too oppressive and consequently his performances were to erratic.

He could be a good loan. I say 'loan' rather than 'buy' because I expect Olise will be one option wide on the right for us when match fit and I wouldn't want to block Rak-Sakyi's route to the first team because IMO he's progressing rapidly and will be ready for the PL sometime this season, possibly sooner rather than later.

Will know Osain Roberts from Wales

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mojo87's Profile Mojo87 Flag 29 Aug 21 7.22pm Send a Private Message to Mojo87 Add Mojo87 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Will know Osain Roberts from Wales

Good point on Welsh connection. I personally think though if made available to loan and Leeds came in for him, he'd go there. LEEDS tried to sign him before Man united pipped them for him so there was previous history of interest, might not even need to move home too.

But yeah would take him on loan, has ability to play both wings plus he will be around come African Nations assuming not injured

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 29 Aug 21 9.52pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

I really rate him, but I cant see this being a thing.

Also if I was him, I'd want to stick around to play with Ronny, at least until Jan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robct91's Profile robct91 Flag Bridgend 30 Aug 21 5.01am Send a Private Message to robct91 Add robct91 as a friend

Have watched him all his career.
Always thought he would be great for us! Always on form for Wales and can find the goal and a very decent crosser too!
I think united are paying him 35kp/w,
It would also stop people doubling up on wilf and he's a few yards quicker!
With CG, Eze, Wilf and James attacking that would be exciting!
A big YES from me! (And thats not just Welsh bias lol)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 30 Aug 21 10.07am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Mojo87

Good point on Welsh connection. I personally think though if made available to loan and Leeds came in for him, he'd go there. LEEDS tried to sign him before Man united pipped them for him so there was previous history of interest, might not even need to move home too.

But yeah would take him on loan, has ability to play both wings plus he will be around come African Nations assuming not injured

I thought EPL clubs were refusing to release their players for RED List countries because of isolation times when returning to UK, therefore missing league/cup games?

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 30 Aug 21 11.16am Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

I thought EPL clubs were refusing to release their players for RED List countries because of isolation times when returning to UK, therefore missing league/cup games?

Due to Covid I would be surprised to see the AFCON going ahead in January.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 30 Aug 21 11.45am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


We are probably more his level than Man U. I got the impression he found playing for United too oppressive and consequently his performances were to erratic.

He could be a good loan. I say 'loan' rather than 'buy' because I expect Olise will be one option wide on the right for us when match fit and I wouldn't want to block Rak-Sakyi's route to the first team because IMO he's progressing rapidly and will be ready for the PL sometime this season, possibly sooner rather than later.

Yes, a good loan. Only

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mojo87's Profile Mojo87 Flag 30 Aug 21 1.25pm Send a Private Message to Mojo87 Add Mojo87 as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

I thought EPL clubs were refusing to release their players for RED List countries because of isolation times when returning to UK, therefore missing league/cup games?

That statement put out was this upcoming September international games of which some are friendlies and others world cup qualifiers.

Afcon is:

1) in Jan 2022 so who knows what countries are red list then compared to now. The hosting country is Cameroon so it will be interesting to see what strategy they are putting in place to mitigate Covid.

2) an actual tournament of merit. It's a lot easier for EPL clubs to say to their players miss friendlies and to a lesser extent qualifiers, but really try and tell Zaha or Ayew who I am sure will not want to miss the opportunity of silverware especially the former.

N.B. as a side note, the Argentinian players at Spurs and Aston Villa are ignoring EPL statement and will go on international duties, so that statement isn't really enforceable but rather a show of discontent to the UK quarantine rules against red list countries

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Berkshire 30 Aug 21 2.28pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

No chance, will go to Leeds.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 30 Aug 21 11.22pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

No chance, will go to Leeds.

Apparently for 30 million !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Dan James