You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Emma Raducanu
October 4 2022 6.04pm

Emma Raducanu

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 10 Sep 21 8.00pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

what about the transgender ones ? Are you torn between not fancying a 19 year old and being seen to 'do the right thing' ?

Just because youíve outed yourself as someone who fancies someone who was legally a child less than a year ago donít try and pull others down there with you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 10 Sep 21 8.14pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

The same age as me when I was in my teens. Now Iím 34 I donít tend to fancy teenagers funnily enough.

Especially not with their uniform on eh

( that's actually humour that used to be allowed before we were all forced to be offended)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 10 Sep 21 10.22pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

A truly wonderful talent and a fantastic ambassador for global Britain.

Shame she was born in Canada, so its Canada born v Canada born final. Her mum is Romanian and dad Chinese, but hey, who cares? She got £900000 for reaching the semis- I would love a finger in her pie!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 10 Sep 21 10.26pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by BelfastEagle

Was wondering about her unusual surname Ö.itís Romanian..she was born in Canada to a Romanian father and Chinese mother.

Just saw this, soz Belfast.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 10 Sep 21 10.29pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by YT

In years to come, when Emma is regarded as the greatest British sportsperson who ever lived, I will proudly reminisce that I was the first person to post about her on HOL (4 July 2021, Wimbledon thread).

Ha, mite as well YT, mite as well!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Sep 21 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Emma Raducanu' by becky

I am surprised, given her achievements this week, that no-one else has started a thread about her. She is, after all, big news.

She is like a breath of fresh air. Not just because of her obvious talent, but because she has such an appealing and warm personality. I defy anyone not to be inspired by her enthusiasm, sense of fun and modesty.

It makes me very proud to know that this young lady is British and is showing the rest of the world what great young people we are producing.

She is, of course, also an immigrant with a father who was born in Romania, and a mother who was born in China. Emma was herself born in Canada. She speaks Mandarin with her Mum at home, and visits both her Mum's and Dad's families regularly.

Everything about Emma though oozes that she is truly now a Brit. One with her feet on the ground, but with eyes that look far beyond, as a citizen of our ever shrinking modern world.

She isn't "white". She isn't of pure-bred British stock. But she makes me feel much more confident about our future than some of the attitudes I find in these threads.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Flag 10 Sep 21 10.47pm Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Funny how the two resident (probably one and the same) 'white skin' supporters are mysteriously absent from this thread. Maybe it's because someone whose got eastern European ancestry, non-white skin and is successful from a British immigrant family? Sounds like their worst nightmare!

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 10 Sep 21 10.50pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Emma Raducanu' by becky

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I am surprised, given her achievements this week, that no-one else has started a thread about her. She is, after all, big news.

She is like a breath of fresh air. Not just because of her obvious talent, but because she has such an appealing and warm personality. I defy anyone not to be inspired by her enthusiasm, sense of fun and modesty.

It makes me very proud to know that this young lady is British and is showing the rest of the world what great young people we are producing.

She is, of course, also an immigrant with a father who was born in Romania, and a mother who was born in China. Emma was herself born in Canada. She speaks Mandarin with her Mum at home, and visits both her Mum's and Dad's families regularly.

Everything about Emma though oozes that she is truly now a Brit. One with her feet on the ground, but with eyes that look far beyond, as a citizen of our ever shrinking modern world.

She isn't "white". She isn't of pure-bred British stock. But she makes me feel much more confident about our future than some of the attitudes I find in these threads.

Thread is on general talk. But I might as well repeat, she has done exceptionally well, I do hope if she starts losing tomorrow she doesn"t start feeling unwell again, comes across as a nice lady. She got £900 grand for getting this far-I would love a finger in her pie!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 10 Sep 21 10.51pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Emma Raducanu' by becky

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I am surprised, given her achievements this week, that no-one else has started a thread about her. She is, after all, big news.

She is like a breath of fresh air. Not just because of her obvious talent, but because she has such an appealing and warm personality. I defy anyone not to be inspired by her enthusiasm, sense of fun and modesty.

It makes me very proud to know that this young lady is British and is showing the rest of the world what great young people we are producing.

She is, of course, also an immigrant with a father who was born in Romania, and a mother who was born in China. Emma was herself born in Canada. She speaks Mandarin with her Mum at home, and visits both her Mum's and Dad's families regularly.

Everything about Emma though oozes that she is truly now a Brit. One with her feet on the ground, but with eyes that look far beyond, as a citizen of our ever shrinking modern world.

She isn't "white". She isn't of pure-bred British stock. But she makes me feel much more confident about our future than some of the attitudes I find in these threads.

So surprising you missed the entire other thread on her thatís been going on all week

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Sep 21 11.04pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Emma Raducanu' by becky

Originally posted by DanH

So surprising you missed the entire other thread on her thatís been going on all week

That's because I very rarely look at that section. Palace Talk, Transfer Talk during windows, and this one are all I use.

Still think it is "news" rather than just general "chit-chat." Especially as I was making points unrelated to simply tennis.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 10 Sep 21 11.08pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Emma Raducanu' by becky

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That's because I very rarely look at that section. Palace Talk, Transfer Talk during windows, and this one are all I use.

Still think it is "news" rather than just general "chit-chat." Especially as I was making points unrelated to simply tennis.

Weíve covered your points on the other thread, donít worry. The miserable bunch who hate modern Britain conspicuous by their absence in their congratulations unsurprisingly.

Edited by DanH (10 Sep 2021 11.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 Sep 21 11.12pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

what about the transgender ones ? Are you torn between not fancying a 19 year old and being seen to 'do the right thing' ?

Thatís a bit below the belt.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Emma Raducanu