You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Spurs Match Thread
September 21 2021 11.49pm

Palace vs Spurs Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 31 of 34 < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 13 Sep 21 2.15pm Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Originally posted by Goalpost1


There is a massive disconnect between the volume of things Garth Crooks says and the amount of sense he makes. Ridiculous to say we wouldn't have won without the red card. the penalty incident at least would likely have still happened.

Always gonna get that in games like this - Afterall we only scored after the Red. It was shame that he was sent off in some ways, as it gave doubt to the quality of our performance. We played incredibly well, especially in the 2nd Half and our superiority directly lead to the Red card.

Gives us a tremendous amount of confidence, and that is a wonderous thing when your rebuilding as we are - it gives confidence in your methods.
Saying that, Spurs were poor. they had a lot of crucial players that make them tick missing (Son especially), but still had plenty of talent on show.
as the saying goes "You can only beat what's put in front of you". we didn't just Beat them, we humiliated them to boot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 13 Sep 21 2.15pm Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

Originally posted by viveasheagle

So excited about the performance. Can't remember when we so dominated against a top 6 team if ever. We have had wins against them but usually it was down to resolute defending riding our luck a bit and nicking a goal on the break. At 1/2 time was thinking we were the better team but it was still 0-0 and we had nothing to show for our efforts.
Second 1/2 was expecting Spurs would at least be on top for some of it but this was not the case and we dominated this 1/2 as well.
Although the breaks in the game went our way it was a very encouraging performance and looks like we have found ourselves a goal scorer.
Exciting times.

Same. I remember thinking that at 0:0, even if it ended goal-less, whilst frustrating not to get the win I'd still have been really pleased with how we'd controlled it. So to get the win so emphatically is just amazing progress over the past month.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 13 Sep 21 2.38pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by robdave2k

Thought Eduoard showed heís a poacher.

However heís a different player to Benteke and Benteke deserves some of the credit. 80 minutes physical battles with Benteke being a hold up man for the Spurs players to suddenly have to deal with a different player with 10 men.

Bats tried leading our line and couldnít with any real effect. CB is a focal point.

Eduoard did the clever poacher role which we have been crying out for, but CB certainly didnít have a bad game.

Great post-only on hol can you beat the league leaders, unbeaten-100% record, and fans moan about 2 of the 11 players on the pitch! It"s a team game, each played his part to the hilt, they were the last big team that we hadn"t beaten in the epl as far as I can remember, we have laid that ghost to rest!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag South London 13 Sep 21 2.51pm Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

I read we beat them 6 seasons ago. No I cant remember either.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 13 Sep 21 2.53pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

Always gonna get that in games like this - Afterall we only scored after the Red. It was shame that he was sent off in some ways, as it gave doubt to the quality of our performance. We played incredibly well, especially in the 2nd Half and our superiority directly lead to the Red card.

Gives us a tremendous amount of confidence, and that is a wonderous thing when your rebuilding as we are - it gives confidence in your methods.
Saying that, Spurs were poor. they had a lot of crucial players that make them tick missing (Son especially), but still had plenty of talent on show.
as the saying goes "You can only beat what's put in front of you". we didn't just Beat them, we humiliated them to boot.

Notable as well that when Big Clubs have players missing itís the key to the game, despite their supposedly superior squads, whereas if clubs like Palace have half the team out we have to accept our limitations.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 13 Sep 21 2.57pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Aray

I read we beat them 6 seasons ago. No I cant remember either.

That was the cup game at theres mate, kelly scored in the 1-0 win, the year we got to the final.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 13 Sep 21 3.01pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Aray

I read we beat them 6 seasons ago. No I cant remember either.

2015 2-1 I had a feeling it was still Murray up front but could be entirely wrong. Gayle penalty? Or Puncheon (I think next match was that miss?). I think it was a Kane header or volley from a set piece for them (again could easily be wrong).

Then,what,twice in the FA Cup 1-0 and 2-0? How we kept on getting them, I don't know.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 13 Sep 21 3.11pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

2015 2-1 I had a feeling it was still Murray up front but could be entirely wrong. Gayle penalty? Or Puncheon (I think next match was that miss?). I think it was a Kane header or volley from a set piece for them (again could easily be wrong).

Then,what,twice in the FA Cup 1-0 and 2-0? How we kept on getting them, I don't know.


Ah, you didn"t mention we were including the 10 January 2015 game! Apart from that obviously, we haven"t beaten them in the epl, before Sunday!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 13 Sep 21 3.13pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


Ah, you didn"t mention we were including the 10 January 2015 game! Apart from that obviously, we haven"t beaten them in the epl, before Sunday!

Can"t remember it and must have been there as had season ticket then, shame on my memory!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 13 Sep 21 3.13pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

2015 2-1 I had a feeling it was still Murray up front but could be entirely wrong. Gayle penalty? Or Puncheon (I think next match was that miss?). I think it was a Kane header or volley from a set piece for them (again could easily be wrong).

Then,what,twice in the FA Cup 1-0 and 2-0? How we kept on getting them, I don't know.

It was Pardew in charge. Puncheon got the winner after a Gayle penalty. I think it was the start of a turnaround in fortunes early in Pardew's tenure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 13 Sep 21 4.05pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Notable as well that when Big Clubs have players missing itís the key to the game, despite their supposedly superior squads, whereas if clubs like Palace have half the team out we have to accept our limitations.


So true. Last season all the talk was about Liverpool and their injury crisis despite the fact that we topped the injury list for most of the season and rarely, if ever, did pundits or reporters bother to factor that into their reports..

Edited by doombear (13 Sep 2021 4.05pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 13 Sep 21 4.39pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


So true. Last season all the talk was about Liverpool and their injury crisis despite the fact that we topped the injury list for most of the season and rarely, if ever, did pundits or reporters bother to factor that into their reports..

Edited by doombear (13 Sep 2021 4.05pm)


Tis all true i"m afraid, unless we do a Leicester one year it will always be thus! The atmosphere seemed to help the referee judge us fairly for a change against a big club, if we ever get a massive stand built, and full houses, we can surely see more of this unbias, and success builds success!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 31 of 34 < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Spurs Match Thread