You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > How good is Gallagher
November 30 2022 1.38pm

How good is Gallagher

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 21 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View antipodeagle's Profile antipodeagle Flag Wellington 12 Oct 21 10.07pm Send a Private Message to antipodeagle Add antipodeagle as a friend

I can't really see the plus side for us, Chelsea or the player if he goes in Jan. His market value and ability to demand salary will only keep increasing through the season, and Newcastle ain't winning anything this year.

Come next summer who knows what crazy money will be flying around, but in the meantime he is getting himself noticed, and learning (quickly it seems) from one of the best midfielders in the history of the Prem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Knightstar's Profile Knightstar Flag Guildford 12 Oct 21 11.33pm Send a Private Message to Knightstar Add Knightstar as a friend

He will never go to Newcastle. Why would anyone in their right mind want to go there? Chelsea certainly wouldn't entertain the idea.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 12 Oct 21 11.42pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Knightstar

He will never go to Newcastle. Why would anyone in their right mind want to go there? Chelsea certainly wouldn't entertain the idea.

Newcastle aren’t going to challenge for the league immediately so I don’t see why think chelsea wouldn’t sell to them. And if a top manager wanted him to build a long term team with Gallagher as a regular starter I don’t see why not. It’s only the origins of the money that might put anyone off, and footballers drop any morals they might have as soon as their agent quotes 7 figure numbers. Actually neutral pundits do as well. As for Geordies. What a joke.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View antipodeagle's Profile antipodeagle Flag Wellington 13 Oct 21 10.10am Send a Private Message to antipodeagle Add antipodeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Newcastle aren’t going to challenge for the league immediately so I don’t see why think chelsea wouldn’t sell to them. And if a top manager wanted him to build a long term team with Gallagher as a regular starter I don’t see why not. It’s only the origins of the money that might put anyone off, and footballers drop any morals they might have as soon as their agent quotes 7 figure numbers. Actually neutral pundits do as well. As for Geordies. What a joke.

To be fair, if players commonly applied an ethical lens across the origins of their salaries, most of the top teams in Europe would probably struggle to get enough players on the pitch. And it certainly doesn't seem to trouble their supporters.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 13 Oct 21 10.20am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Knightstar

He will never go to Newcastle. Why would anyone in their right mind want to go there? Chelsea certainly wouldn't entertain the idea.

I suspect it might be the cash

they will be aiming to do exactly the same as city. Bring in a marquee player who is cash hungry (Robinho), and then bring in a bunch of others that aren't top 4 quality, but will help them make progress. (From memory city brought in people like Bellamy)

From a players perspective its an interesting proposition. Get better wages than you'll get anywhere else and guaranteed to join a club that is only going to get better. The only downside is that you might be replaced within a year (like Wayne Bridge was)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT Charlie's Profile CT Charlie Flag 21 Oct 21 11.52pm Send a Private Message to CT Charlie Add CT Charlie as a friend

Are we allowed to dream that he loves playing for Viera, living in London, starting every match, being an integral member of a steadily improving side – one where he'd be considered heroic if he helps us into the top 8 – and being loved by a fanbase that's one of the loudest, liveliest, and most supportive in the Premier League... all of this so much that he tell his agent he'll gladly remain at Palace?

Yeah, it's a dream.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 22 Oct 21 7.43am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Whilst you are probably right about it being a bit of a dream Charlie there is an awful lot to be said for staying where you are really wanted as he would be at Palace & not just one of a number (like he would be at Chelsea) -
For sure getting an England call up on the strength of his performances in a Palace shirt would help - as for sure he wouldn't get one in a Chelsea shirt with a tracksuit on sitting on the bench.

Originally posted by CT Charlie

Are we allowed to dream that he loves playing for Viera, living in London, starting every match, being an integral member of a steadily improving side – one where he'd be considered heroic if he helps us into the top 8 – and being loved by a fanbase that's one of the loudest, liveliest, and most supportive in the Premier League... all of this so much that he tell his agent he'll gladly remain at Palace?

Yeah, it's a dream.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tonymikejoe's Profile tonymikejoe Flag UK 25 Oct 21 2.03pm Send a Private Message to tonymikejoe Add tonymikejoe as a friend

I thought these were the sort of performances we were going to get from young, hyped German star Max Meyer.
Where did it all go wrong?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 25 Oct 21 2.51pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by tonymikejoe

I thought these were the sort of performances we were going to get from young, hyped German star Max Meyer.
Where did it all go wrong?[/quote]


My view is that Meyer was too easily shoved off the ball. He had skill and a good football brain but just couldn't handle the physicality of the PL.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMMER PALACE's Profile IMMER PALACE Flag BIELEFELD 28 Oct 21 11.10pm Send a Private Message to IMMER PALACE Add IMMER PALACE as a friend

Myer looked startled that people were allowed to tackle him. Never looked like he fancied it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nakedgolfguy99's Profile nakedgolfguy99 Flag Pyoengtaek, South Korea 01 Nov 21 8.05pm Send a Private Message to nakedgolfguy99 Add nakedgolfguy99 as a friend

Roy Ball.
Yes, I love Roy and what he did for Palace, but the style of play and what he wanted his players to do on the pitch is in stark contrast to what Patrick demands. I don't think people are realize that Connor's success is as much about the Gaffer as it is about the player.

Originally posted by tonymikejoe

I thought these were the sort of performances we were going to get from young, hyped German star Max Meyer.
Where did it all go wrong?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View esox lucius's Profile esox lucius Flag Deal 02 Nov 21 9.20am Send a Private Message to esox lucius Add esox lucius as a friend

Question……can Chelsea recall Gallagher in January if they want ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 21 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > How good is Gallagher