You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Bye Conor Wickham
February 1 2023 3.14pm

Bye Conor Wickham

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 12 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 29 Sep 21 3.55pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Div is a scouse word for idiot. It is short for divvy which in turn is a corruption of Deva. The Deva Hospital was a well known mental hospital.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Online Flag London 30 Sep 21 6.38pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Poor sod needs surgery. D va stating news for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Foxy0208's Profile Foxy0208 Flag Blackpool 30 Sep 21 6.52pm Send a Private Message to Foxy0208 Add Foxy0208 as a friend

Why would anyone feel anything but sympathy for the career of CW?

Decent player - unlucky with injuries.

Nearly everyone in the world has more money than me. Has not taken away my empathy with someone suffering a career blow.

Its almost as if some people delight in the injury as they feel he deserves it as he somehow cheated us!

Wish him all best for the future.

 


Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tonymikejoe's Profile tonymikejoe Flag UK 30 Sep 21 8.08pm Send a Private Message to tonymikejoe Add tonymikejoe as a friend

Connor Wickham has had surgery on his hamstring injury and posted a picture of himself on crutches on instagram.
It is unclear how long he will be out, but Preston North End are bracing themselves that 2022 will be the earliest Wickham will be seen playing again.
Here are some words from the man himself: 'To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

'But I'm grateful to have been in the hands of the best, the surgery was a success and I'm already on the road back.

'I know I'll give everything to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.

'Thank you to everyone who's reached out in the past few days. Much love CW21.'

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 01 Oct 21 9.57am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Foxy0208

Why would anyone feel anything but sympathy for the career of CW?

Decent player - unlucky with injuries.

Nearly everyone in the world has more money than me. Has not taken away my empathy with someone suffering a career blow.

Its almost as if some people delight in the injury as they feel he deserves it as he somehow cheated us!

Wish him all best for the future.

Might be more vindication that we didn't offer him a new contract when some were saying that we should have given him one.

Would have been annoying for us to have the injury years and then see him bang 20 in for PNE this season.

No hard feelings towards the guy, but his career is getting to be a bit of a joke. Gonna be a brave club to take him on next.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 01 Oct 21 10.28am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

The only footballer with five pairs of designer crutches.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View babylonjohn's Profile babylonjohn Flag St Leonards-on-Sea 01 Oct 21 12.43pm Send a Private Message to babylonjohn Add babylonjohn as a friend

Well its a shame for him that his body is just not up to it. As has been mentioned, I'll save my sympathy for those more needy. Despite not playing he has still earned millions from the game. Money a club like Palace could have really put to a better use.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tonymikejoe's Profile tonymikejoe Flag UK 25 Oct 21 2.08pm Send a Private Message to tonymikejoe Add tonymikejoe as a friend

It's not all bad news in the Bentley-driving world of permanently injured professional footballer/athlete Connor Wickham.
Earlier this months, and I use his words, he had this positive twitter message for his fans: "Buzzin my WhatsApp is back."

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View esox lucius's Profile esox lucius Flag Deal 13 Jan 22 1.50pm Send a Private Message to esox lucius Add esox lucius as a friend

Contract at PNE has expired and will not be renewed because of injury. Sadly looks like itís the end of the footballing road for Conor.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 14 Jan 22 10.00am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by esox lucius

Contract at PNE has expired and will not be renewed because of injury. Sadly looks like itís the end of the footballing road for Conor.

latest injury was very unlucky, but some players seem to just get these things. Maybe his body is telling him to retire - he surely doesn't need the money

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 14 Jan 22 10.21am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

latest injury was very unlucky, but some players seem to just get these things. Maybe his body is telling him to retire - he surely doesn't need the money

Heís one of those players whose cumulative injuries have created weaknesses, Michael Owen, Jack Wilshere and others have had the same problem.
According to Wiki heís played 77 times since 2013. It must be time to pack it in. Even if he could find another club the likelihood is that heíll have a lot of physical problems when heís older.
From Palaceís perspective itís a shame because there did seem to be a player there but what more could be done?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 14 Jan 22 11.26am Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Heís one of those players whose cumulative injuries have created weaknesses, Michael Owen, Jack Wilshere and others have had the same problem.
According to Wiki heís played 77 times since 2013. It must be time to pack it in. Even if he could find another club the likelihood is that heíll have a lot of physical problems when heís older.
From Palaceís perspective itís a shame because there did seem to be a player there but what more could be done?

77 times in 8 years... Wow... He's been extremely fortunate to of been paid so well for doing very little.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 12 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Bye Conor Wickham