You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Arsenal v crystal palace match thread
December 8 2021 6.53am

Arsenal v crystal palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 26 of 29 < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

 

View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 19 Oct 21 2.10pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

I think Vieira will be asking Anderson why he sprinted out to close Pepe down at the end when there was another player already doing that. This then took him out of the centre when the cross comes in. These are the small details that PV will want to try to eradicate so we get the results we deserve.

A shame that McArthur went back on the line too as it played Lacazette onside but can’t blame him for that.

Hopefully we’ll thrash the Al-Geordies on Saturday though!

Coulda, woulda shoulda. ITs so tricky, Anderson started going before Olise did, and in hendsight maybe should have stopped, but he took responsibility to close the man (which we'd all want him to do).

And Macca was just unfortunate, did the right thing to counter the threat from Auba, and then when in nomans land did all he could. Its only really when the pundits slow it down you see all the split second decisions players need to make in those moments.

Its so frustrating that they scored from 2 rebounds. On another day they are 2 great saves and we win 2nil.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radicalsteve's Profile radicalsteve Flag ottawa 19 Oct 21 2.15pm Send a Private Message to radicalsteve Add radicalsteve as a friend

The fact that we almost came away with 3 points because we outplayed and outwitted them for the majority of the match, says so much, versus our approach last season. Our points are "earned" through good tactics, improved playmaking, committment, and a midfield firing on all cylinders, plus a "poacher" up front. And all of that last night without Wilf or Eze! Of course, we have some gaps and learning to do, but if you look at how much better even Wardy and Mitchell are playing the last few games, it speaks volumes to the coaching and the game plan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 19 Oct 21 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

It's funny to see Arsenal celebrating a home point against us.
We were the better side for much of the game, and it is amazing to see us having the majority of possession against so called passing teams. We did this without Wilfred Zaha.

I have to blame Vieira for playing six defenders in the closing 10 minutes. There was no need for that kind of caution, and it was predictable that it would end badly. I would rather see us manage the end of games with possession and keep someone up the field for a breakaway.

I cannot wait to get Eze back. The reason why we score our goals in the second half is largely because we take Ayew off. He is holding us back. With Wilf, Eze, Olise and Edouard we will be very dangerous.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crystal-purley's Profile crystal-purley Flag Purley 19 Oct 21 2.32pm Send a Private Message to crystal-purley Add crystal-purley as a friend

Originally posted by DANGERCLOSE

[Link]

Good result Good point


Agree with you but not with the two self indulgent idiots.

 


Just retired and almost mastered decorating but haven't learned to garden yet

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 19 Oct 21 2.33pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by DANGERCLOSE

[Link]

Good result Good point

haha, I love these clowns.

But he's not wrong "They (palace) have a playing style after 2 months"

People are starting to notice

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Oct 21 2.37pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

We desperately need to work on set pieces. Same could have been said for the last few years, frankly.
I hardly dare look at how many corners we've conceded from, but it must be some kind of record. I'm thinking 5 or 6 in 8 games. Could be more.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View WJK1960's Profile WJK1960 Flag Purley 19 Oct 21 4.37pm Send a Private Message to WJK1960 Add WJK1960 as a friend

I was at the game last night with my son. Just a few observations but not about the match itself.
Going to an away match where the team are playing well against a supposedly bigger side is just an amazing experience. The 'us' against 'them' mentality, the bond between the fans, the sheer explosion of joy when we score just can't be beat. I am 61 but its so emotional supporting your team in a match like this. I salute our fans...they are fantastic.
Their stadium is awesome, a truly great viewing experience. We can match them on the pitch but Selhurst can never come even vaguely close to that in terms of a structure.
But...the stadium also throttles the passion. In the away end we could sing, stand, goad the opposing fans without any problems. If any of their fans stood up for a prolonged period a steward was on hand to stop them. 'Sit down..Shut Up' was a constant refrain from our fans to any of their fans who sought to goad us and with good reason.
Of course the ending was painful but even that can't fully detract from the fun had in the previous 94 minutes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pstrutt's Profile pstrutt Flag Busselton, WA 19 Oct 21 5.02pm Send a Private Message to pstrutt Add pstrutt as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

We desperately need to work on set pieces. Same could have been said for the last few years, frankly.
I hardly dare look at how many corners we've conceded from, but it must be some kind of record. I'm thinking 5 or 6 in 8 games. Could be more.

But neither last night, right - the first was a terrible corner that came back over after a simple one/two. Same with the second. Maybe that was their game plan? Altho I doubt they had one.

 


So I manage a Workshop which provides a safe learning environment for blokes struggling with PTSD and other mental health issues. Being a Palace fan isn't listed yet.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Oct 21 5.06pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by pstrutt

But neither last night, right - the first was a terrible corner that came back over after a simple one/two. Same with the second. Maybe that was their game plan? Altho I doubt they had one.

They definitely counted the first as a goal from a corner - that was what the commentators said anyway. Second is surely still counted as a goal from a corner, I would think? I guess I could try finding the stats but I prefer not to.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 19 Oct 21 7.26pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by WJK1960

I was at the game last night with my son. Just a few observations but not about the match itself.
Going to an away match where the team are playing well against a supposedly bigger side is just an amazing experience. The 'us' against 'them' mentality, the bond between the fans, the sheer explosion of joy when we score just can't be beat. I am 61 but its so emotional supporting your team in a match like this. I salute our fans...they are fantastic.
Their stadium is awesome, a truly great viewing experience. We can match them on the pitch but Selhurst can never come even vaguely close to that in terms of a structure.
But...the stadium also throttles the passion. In the away end we could sing, stand, goad the opposing fans without any problems. If any of their fans stood up for a prolonged period a steward was on hand to stop them. 'Sit down..Shut Up' was a constant refrain from our fans to any of their fans who sought to goad us and with good reason.
Of course the ending was painful but even that can't fully detract from the fun had in the previous 94 minutes.

Sad to think that that's not an experience I've had many times in my 49 years of supporting the Palace (now aged 62).

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 19 Oct 21 7.58pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

It's funny to see Arsenal celebrating a home point against us.
We were the better side for much of the game, and it is amazing to see us having the majority of possession against so called passing teams. We did this without Wilfred Zaha.

I have to blame Vieira for playing six defenders in the closing 10 minutes. There was no need for that kind of caution, and it was predictable that it would end badly. I would rather see us manage the end of games with possession and keep someone up the field for a breakaway.

I cannot wait to get Eze back. The reason why we score our goals in the second half is largely because we take Ayew off. He is holding us back. With Wilf, Eze, Olise and Edouard we will be very dangerous.

There's actually only been one game where we scored all our goals in the second half after Ayew had been removed and that was against Leicester.
Did you miss his assist last night for our first goal or do you just write to suit your agenda against him?
Against Brighton we concede just minutes after he's removed from the pitch!
Against Spurs we score two goals with him on the pitch and one when he wasn't.
Same again against West Ham when Gallagher got both and then Declan Rice had to floor Ayew in injury time after he beat him with skill and pace down the right wing and had Rice not brought him down he would've been completely free on goal for a shot or pass which could've won us the game.

We have scored nine goals out of the total of ten so far this season during the second half, six of them being with Ayew on the pitch!

Please stop hating him.

Edited by Tickled pink (19 Oct 2021 8.01pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 19 Oct 21 8.18pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Sad to think that that's not an experience I've had many times in my 49 years of supporting the Palace (now aged 62).

I wonder how many football fans around the country dream about having just one season in your predicament.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 26 of 29 < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Arsenal v crystal palace match thread