You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Arsenal v crystal palace match thread
January 28 2022 7.08pm

Arsenal v crystal palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 27 of 29 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

 

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 19 Oct 21 8.34pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

It was a mistake to sit so deep with 10-15 to go

We are good at keeping the ball and it's a form of defence.

We are a good front-foot team but poor on the back foot.

Let's hope we kick on now that we have lower-ranked teams coming up.

Bottom line is we would all have taken what we've been given at the end of last season. Just two awful finales.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 19 Oct 21 8.40pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

They definitely counted the first as a goal from a corner - that was what the commentators said anyway. Second is surely still counted as a goal from a corner, I would think? I guess I could try finding the stats but I prefer not to.

We have allowed five goals in total from Corners so far this season, all two last night and all three against Liverpool no more have happened.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Oct 21 8.48pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

We have allowed five goals in total from Corners so far this season, all two last night and all three against Liverpool no more have happened.

Thanks, 5 from 8, not great. I like our new defenders but they can't be described as the tallest, or dominating in the air. More ball playing defenders.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 19 Oct 21 9.03pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

It was a mistake to sit so deep with 10-15 to go

We are good at keeping the ball and it's a form of defence.

We are a good front-foot team but poor on the back foot.

Let's hope we kick on now that we have lower-ranked teams coming up.

Bottom line is we would all have taken what we've been given at the end of last season. Just two awful finales.

It's a mistake to judge a teams impressive performance against a rather fortunate goal that just happened to fall at the feet of the one player who had contributed hugely to their good fortune at the death.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 19 Oct 21 9.30pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Thanks, 5 from 8, not great. I like our new defenders but they can't be described as the tallest, or dominating in the air. More ball playing defenders.

In only two games though, Liverpool are immense all over the pitch and we were never ever in with a shout against them, countless times we escaped from a certain goal in normal play and then last night Arsenal's first was brilliantly converted after an equally brilliant save and that second had luck written all over it although Arsenal at home and in the form they've been in are sure able enough to put us under horrible horrible pressure in the dying moments when needing just the one goal to gain a point, if it had been against a team much less able then yes I'd agree we need to sort ourselves out, but we don't ..do we really.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Oct 21 9.56pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

In only two games though, Liverpool are immense all over the pitch and we were never ever in with a shout against them, countless times we escaped from a certain goal in normal play and then last night Arsenal's first was brilliantly converted after an equally brilliant save and that second had luck written all over it although Arsenal at home and in the form they've been in are sure able enough to put us under horrible horrible pressure in the dying moments when needing just the one goal to gain a point, if it had been against a team much less able then yes I'd agree we need to sort ourselves out, but we don't ..do we really.

Well I hope we work on it personally. It's still 5 conceded, which would be way above average at this stage. Liverpool were good but we were undone by set pieces - we could have maybe limited that? We could have defended the corners better last night too. I would think 5 conceded puts us top of goals conceded from corners. Not really a star we want come the end of the season. I'm always reminded how lethal we were under Pulis. If we could be anywhere near that, plus play football, then, who knows?

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 19 Oct 21 10.29pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

It's a mistake to judge a teams impressive performance against a rather fortunate goal that just happened to fall at the feet of the one player who had contributed hugely to their good fortune at the death.

I am saying we are giving away a lot of scruffy goals and had we played keep ball, Arsenal wouldn't have built up the head of steam that they did. Keep ball is a form of defence and we're good at it. Maybe we'd have had a third.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 20 Oct 21 2.47am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

There's actually only been one game where we scored all our goals in the second half after Ayew had been removed and that was against Leicester.
Did you miss his assist last night for our first goal or do you just write to suit your agenda against him?
Against Brighton we concede just minutes after he's removed from the pitch!
Against Spurs we score two goals with him on the pitch and one when he wasn't.
Same again against West Ham when Gallagher got both and then Declan Rice had to floor Ayew in injury time after he beat him with skill and pace down the right wing and had Rice not brought him down he would've been completely free on goal for a shot or pass which could've won us the game.

We have scored nine goals out of the total of ten so far this season during the second half, six of them being with Ayew on the pitch!

Please stop hating him.

Edited by Tickled pink (19 Oct 2021 8.01pm)

Think no one here is hating Ayew, he puts in a shift all right. But that young kid Olise is on a different level, simple as that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 20 Oct 21 9.19am Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Had the Tierney effort 5 minutes from the end gone in, rather than hit the bar, and the game petered out to a 2-2 draw, would people be less unhappy? Fine margins, we played really well, as we are week after week - tighten up on corners / 2nd phase and better game management in the last 10, and results will improve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Egor's Profile Egor Flag Streatham 20 Oct 21 11.30am Send a Private Message to Egor Add Egor as a friend

Probably! Im over it now. Great point and bring on the Geordies

Originally posted by Gribbo

Had the Tierney effort 5 minutes from the end gone in, rather than hit the bar, and the game petered out to a 2-2 draw, would people be less unhappy? Fine margins, we played really well, as we are week after week - tighten up on corners / 2nd phase and better game management in the last 10, and results will improve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 20 Oct 21 3.37pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

There's actually only been one game where we scored all our goals in the second half after Ayew had been removed and that was against Leicester.
Did you miss his assist last night for our first goal or do you just write to suit your agenda against him?
Against Brighton we concede just minutes after he's removed from the pitch!
Against Spurs we score two goals with him on the pitch and one when he wasn't.
Same again against West Ham when Gallagher got both and then Declan Rice had to floor Ayew in injury time after he beat him with skill and pace down the right wing and had Rice not brought him down he would've been completely free on goal for a shot or pass which could've won us the game.

We have scored nine goals out of the total of ten so far this season during the second half, six of them being with Ayew on the pitch!

Please stop hating him.

Edited by Tickled pink (19 Oct 2021 8.01pm)

Well thanks for that rant.

Bottom line is that he isn't good enough. We need better, and we have it in the shape of Eze or Olise.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (20 Oct 2021 7.48pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ian-VI's Profile Ian-VI Flag Vicenza 20 Oct 21 4.07pm Send a Private Message to Ian-VI Add Ian-VI as a friend

Originally posted by radicalsteve

The fact that we almost came away with 3 points because we outplayed and outwitted them for the majority of the match, says so much, versus our approach last season. Our points are "earned" through good tactics, improved playmaking, committment, and a midfield firing on all cylinders, plus a "poacher" up front. And all of that last night without Wilf or Eze! Of course, we have some gaps and learning to do, but if you look at how much better even Wardy and Mitchell are playing the last few games, it speaks volumes to the coaching and the game plan.

No disrespect to you, but how partial can this post be?
It's no surprise you can play offensive football now, but could Vieira do it if he was in charge in 2019-2020?
He can do it now because they cut all the deadwood and brought in exciting young players!
It's funny how things can be perceived without looking closely at facts.
In 2019-2020 our best striker was Ayew... do you think he'd have played like he played against Arsenal?
I remind you the lineup we had against Man Utd (and we won away!): Guaita, Cahill, Ward, PVA, Kelly, Milivojevic, Kouyate, Zaha, Schlupp, McArthur, Ayew.
What expansive football could you do with this?
And don't forget that the squad I just posted collected 14 points in the first 8 matches.
So far Vieira has got 8 points in 8 games, with a much improved and rejuvenated squad in comparison.

I think that now we can really see what was the reply on the long going saga, Hodgson fault or Parish/Freedman fault...
Now let's hope that Vieira can improve us even more, and I'm sure he'll do, but we now see the effect of what wasn't working in our team, and honestly, I'm surprised there's people who fail to detect this.

 


The best footie management game: [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 27 of 29 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Arsenal v crystal palace match thread