You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Will Arsenal come in for Vieira after Arteta?
December 6 2021 7.50am

Will Arsenal come in for Vieira after Arteta?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 21 Oct 21 8.34am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Their fans probably would, considering, but way tooooooo early for any boards in their position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 21 Oct 21 10.42am Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

I am struggling to see why the search for his replacement has not started. What is Parish thinking?

Its crystal clear he is as good as gone as we all know Piers Morgan is in his world always right.

Another example of board incompetence!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pstrutt's Profile pstrutt Flag Busselton, WA 21 Oct 21 11.55am Send a Private Message to pstrutt Add pstrutt as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

Their fans probably would, considering, but way tooooooo early for any boards in their position.

Good point but I was thinking waaaaaaay too early.

PV has a good chance to make a name for himself with a club where the expectations are low - or at least not high. Arsenal are the new Liverpool where the fans and the board expect to be at the summit of the PL and blame the manager for anything short of that.

Did Arsenal spend as much as Palace in the windows? Anyone? Just a key point imho as you could argue that PV has spent a lot of cash, but then he has done extremely well to implement a new style of football, whereas Arteta has not done a busting lot with any of his acquisitions - although I'd add that he's got Aubameyang (?) paying again for at least the first 5 minutes.

 


So I manage a Workshop which provides a safe learning environment for blokes struggling with PTSD and other mental health issues. Being a Palace fan isn't listed yet.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 21 Oct 21 12.29pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by pstrutt

Good point but I was thinking waaaaaaay too early.

PV has a good chance to make a name for himself with a club where the expectations are low - or at least not high. Arsenal are the new Liverpool where the fans and the board expect to be at the summit of the PL and blame the manager for anything short of that.

Did Arsenal spend as much as Palace in the windows? Anyone? Just a key point imho as you could argue that PV has spent a lot of cash, but then he has done extremely well to implement a new style of football, whereas Arteta has not done a busting lot with any of his acquisitions - although I'd add that he's got Aubameyang (?) paying again for at least the first 5 minutes.


They spent over double what we did But I'd rather have the players we bought!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 21 Oct 21 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

I have read that Vieira feelís slighted by Arsenal. They sold him directly after the year of the invincible season of which he was captain to Juventus. He was never offered any role at the club in coaching, he had to take that up at Man City. He hasnít been honoured by a statue at the Emirates, but Adamís, Berkamp, Henry and Herbert Chapman all have. The only recognition he has is a shot of his back on the murals that are painted on the walls outside the stadium.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 21 Oct 21 3.55pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

I have read that Vieira feelís slighted by Arsenal. They sold him directly after the year of the invincible season of which he was captain to Juventus. He was never offered any role at the club in coaching, he had to take that up at Man City. He hasnít been honoured by a statue at the Emirates, but Adamís, Berkamp, Henry and Herbert Chapman all have. The only recognition he has is a shot of his back on the murals that are painted on the walls outside the stadium.

He also never had a testimonial, I heard.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 21 Oct 21 4.34pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Guess the click-bait sites really do read fan sites . . .

[Link]

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 21 Oct 21 11.21pm Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

He also never had a testimonial, I heard.

Don't you have to be there ten years for a testimonial ?

On a side note, I was watching 'Bad Sport' on Netflix, and one of the episodes is about Juventus' match-fixing scandal, which was in and around Vieira's year there. He pops up in some of the footage. Felt bad for the players as the seemed oblivious to what was going on around them. When you've got Berlusconi acting like an innocent victim, it's apparent just how crooked their game was.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 22 Oct 21 7.35am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Whilst its clear PV is doing a good job with Palace, quite frankly in the modern day where there is so much free media available, anyone who works in that kind of industry has to constantly be finding something to talk about / write about to try to stay relevant, one of the consequences of that is pretty much any senior manager that gets his team playing well, gets a decent return on matches played against points earnt will be targeted by the media as destined to be going to ............. next-if there is some link in the past (ex player / supported as a kid / ball boy etc then so much the better) the fact that they are talking about is is either because they think there is going to be a story there (i.e the existing manager is struggling) or they are trying to create a story by pushing a theory out there hoping it gains credibility, somewhere in that story there are the words, should / could / would / likely / maybe etc to provide a get out if it doesn't happen.

Originally posted by eagleman13

Guess the click-bait sites really do read fan sites . . .

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 Oct 21 7.54am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Guess the click-bait sites really do read fan sites . . .

[Link]

Yeah, well written.

Ď The Gunners were denied victory on Monday after the French manager inspired an incredible performance from his Crystal Palace side, and in reality they were extremely lucky not to take all three points.í

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vincehair's Profile Vincehair Flag London 29 Oct 21 2.33am Send a Private Message to Vincehair Add Vincehair as a friend

If Viera did leave us for them then he would have been successful for us and who could blame him if they came calling.

I don't think Arteta is a bad manager though so who knows. A win for us would have put it out there

Worth keeping a dossier on managers though

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 29 Oct 21 8.32am Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Encouraging as our developing team is, it is very early days, we arenít setting the table alight yet & PV has a long way to go to proving himself in the PL. Although I am confident.

 


ďYou miss 100 per cent of the shots you donít takeĒ

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Will Arsenal come in for Vieira after Arteta?