You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace can win their next 7 games?
November 28 2021 11.50am

Palace can win their next 7 games?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 07 Nov 21 5.45pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Freddie Crocker

Never ever going to happen, not even in a million years. This is Palace.

Same as 170-1 for 2 - 0 at City eh!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 07 Nov 21 6.36pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Freddie Crocker

Never ever going to happen, not even in a million years. This is Palace.

Every pantomime has a Scrooge like character.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Freddie Crocker's Profile Freddie Crocker Flag 07 Nov 21 6.53pm Send a Private Message to Freddie Crocker Add Freddie Crocker as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Same as 170-1 for 2 - 0 at City eh!

Well, actually, 2 - 0 at City was to be expected. We do well against the big clubs.

 


10,000th Confirmed member of Hol

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aj's_Magic_Hat's Profile Aj's_Magic_Hat Flag Las Palmas 07 Nov 21 7.25pm Send a Private Message to Aj's_Magic_Hat Add Aj's_Magic_Hat as a friend

Burnley Away -
Aston Villa (H)
Leeds Away
UTD Away UTD
Everton (H)
Southampton (H)
Watford Away

I would take 3 win and 4 draws,
.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View OneMax's Profile OneMax Flag Maidstone 07 Nov 21 7.33pm Send a Private Message to OneMax Add OneMax as a friend

I think we have every reason to hope for the best but expect and prepare for the worst.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nubes's Profile Nubes Flag London 07 Nov 21 8.36pm Send a Private Message to Nubes Add Nubes as a friend

I donít see why we canít win all 7!!

If we keep holding onto the same psyche of Ďthis is Palaceí we will always strive for mediocrity.

We are in a new exciting era letís enjoy what we are seeing and feeling and expect to win games like we did during the promotion season.

You never know where the attitude would take us in time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 07 Nov 21 10.07pm Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

Originally posted by Nubes

I donít see why we canít win all 7!!

If we keep holding onto the same psyche of Ďthis is Palaceí we will always strive for mediocrity.

We are in a new exciting era letís enjoy what we are seeing and feeling and expect to win games like we did during the promotion season.

You never know where the attitude would take us in time.

If you said that on average we had an 50% chance of winning each game - then maybe 25% chance of drawing the game and 25% chance of losing - which seems pretty good as a Palace fan then ...

The chance of winning all 7 games is 1 in 128

Not sure that really helps - could happen but isn't likely. Might be fun to get views on what the percentage of chance of winning each game is before putting any money on it!

Edited by mileend (07 Nov 2021 10.12pm)

Edited by mileend (07 Nov 2021 10.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 08 Nov 21 2.07am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by Zaha127

Palace next 7 league games are:

Burnley Away can be hard place to go but on this form Palace should be winning


Aston Villa (H) should get 3 pts

Leeds Away can be a hard place to go but Palace can win also

UTD Away UTD favourites but Palace can do well VS bigger sides e.g. Man City

Everton (H) hard game when Everton get more of their injured players back but Palace can also win this one.

Southampton (H) can play well have good players like Livramento but this is a game which Palace need to win also.

Watford Away will be fighting under a new manager but Palace on their current form should get job done.


Out of 7 games I think you would not be suprised if Palace won 7/7

But I would take 5 wins and 2 losses or 4 wins and 3 draws.

Need to get 15 points minimum but more is definitely not asking for a lot.

Edited by Zaha127 (07 Nov 2021 10.51am)

The way we have played, all those games are winnable.

However, we are due a bad game - but teams can still win bad games too. Also other clubs may get a slice of luck. So I don't expect to win all 7, however I go expect us to put out 5 good performances, which should yield 13 points. 4 wins 1 draw 2 losses.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View viveasheagle's Profile viveasheagle Flag perth 08 Nov 21 7.12am Send a Private Message to viveasheagle Add viveasheagle as a friend

One of the problems we have not had to deal with yet is playing multiple games in a week. Some of the next 7 games cover the Xmas period and realistically it is going to hard for the likes of Jimmy Mac to play 2 games in a week so are going to be forced to make changes. On plus side Viera does like to use his subs and we have people like Schlup ( who was an important player for us over last few season's) Milivojevic and Olise to come in which is a massive step up from last year, when we really struggled when the games came thick and past.
We don't have an out and out left back cover, should Mitchell get suspended or injured, but otherwise we have some decent cover now for most positions.
To have only lost 2 games from our opening 11 games is a real achievement based on who we have played ( Chelsea, Liverpool, Man C, Arsenal and WHU away ) However, the game on paper we would have expected to win ( Newcastle at home ) we were only able to draw. I do though expect us to get a good hall of points from these games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Online Flag People's Republic of Gozo 08 Nov 21 7.22am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Burnley will be an interesting challenge as the high press won't work and they'll really test Andersen and Guehi in the air. I expect to see Dyche deliver the biggest aerial bombardment since Dresden. It's the sort of game I could see us dominating but losing. I'm actually more confident about the other six games. Anything over 10 points would really put us in a strong position for the second half of the season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 08 Nov 21 8.21am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

We lost twice to Burnley last season - time for revenge in 2 weeks' time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 08 Nov 21 8.40am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Anyone CAN win any game, but we shouldn't start getting carried away just yet. We've just had our first 'back to back' wins of the season, and it's highly unlikely that we will extend that to nine wins on the trot. Nine in a row would be spectacular for any team, let alone little ol' Palace.

For starters, our defence is still not great at set-pieces/crosses, and teams will always have chances or half-chances against us (eg Jimenez header straight at VG on Saturday) and eventually one or two will go in to put us on the back foot.

That said, I can't remember being so optimistic about Palace's fortunes for many a year. I really look forward to the next game at the moment whereas there have been many periods in the past where I've dreaded it. All of a sudden the (numerous!) international breaks come as an unwelcome interruption, whereas in the past they've tended to be seen as a welcome relief.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace can win their next 7 games?