You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Replacement for Gallaher
June 30 2022 11.24pm

Replacement for Gallaher

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 8 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 20 Apr 22 5.03pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Lewis O'Brien might be an investment though there are few, if any, Gallagher clones around. He is unique.

Not a like-for-like replacement but I would try to get Eriksen in so we have a calm, insightful player who can pass the ball accurately.

We need a midfield general. Eriksen fits the bill and would likely bring out the best of Olise, Eze and Wilf.

Unfortunately if Spurs' possible interest is true we all know he would prefer them to us.

The search must be ongoing.

 


I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find someone older than me.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscalleagle2's Profile Brinscalleagle2 Flag Brinscall 20 Apr 22 5.50pm Send a Private Message to Brinscalleagle2 Add Brinscalleagle2 as a friend

We will need to replace Gallagher when he goes back to Chelsea but we donít need to replace him with a player with his exact style. There are many teams outside the bottom three in the Premiership who play without a midfielder charging around the pitch hassling all and sundry but there are many teams that have midfielders that can play cutting passes , put in timely tackles to influence play without being so hyperactive. It is all about balance and the trick will be to replace Jimmy Mac and Luka and plan for a possible decline in Kouyate and how we blend them in with the young midfielders Eze , Hughes , Olise . What I think we need more than an all action midfielder is a creative ball playing passer of the ball and a defensive Kouyate type midfielder. Who they are is anyones guess but in Patrick , Dougie and Parish we trust.COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 19 May 22 11.16pm Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

Originally posted by Brinscalleagle2

We will need to replace Gallagher when he goes back to Chelsea but we donít need to replace him with a player with his exact style. There are many teams outside the bottom three in the Premiership who play without a midfielder charging around the pitch hassling all and sundry but there are many teams that have midfielders that can play cutting passes , put in timely tackles to influence play without being so hyperactive. It is all about balance and the trick will be to replace Jimmy Mac and Luka and plan for a possible decline in Kouyate and how we blend them in with the young midfielders Eze , Hughes , Olise . What I think we need more than an all action midfielder is a creative ball playing passer of the ball and a defensive Kouyate type midfielder. Who they are is anyones guess but in Patrick , Dougie and Parish we trust.COYP

After tonightís collapse at Everton your points are well taken! We badly need a calm experienced defensive midfielder! There has to be one out there somewhere!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 20 May 22 6.37am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Gallagher change of play resulting in lesser performances (although still good) seems to have coincided with the restoration of Eze.
Last night was yet another step forward for Eze.
We need to think very carefully how we build the team for next season with CG gone.
With the right players in we could become very good. Cabaye style springs to mind.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 21 May 22 10.26pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Jack Harrison, played for Vieira in the USA.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 22 May 22 3.05am Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Gallagher hasn't been that valuable in months. Early on, every ball bounced to him, and he converted every scoring chance. The past few months, he has rarely made a difference, and he has missed all his scoring chances.

He is who he is...A try-hard player, whose effort is more valuable than his skills. The past couple months have led me to believe he's a lot easier to replace than I thought back in October.

No way he will ever be a regular starter for Chelsea.

 


2017 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Middlesboro
2018 Jan. (Sako) Palace 1 - 0 Burnley
2019 May (Batshuayi, Batshuayi, OG, Van Aanholt, Townsend) Palace 5 - 3 Bournemouth
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 22 May 22 7.59am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

I would be happy if we got AWB on loan, Nketiah on a free and Doucoure for 15m, as long as we offload about 5/6 players

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 22 May 22 10.07am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Wilbraham413

Gallagher hasn't been that valuable in months. Early on, every ball bounced to him, and he converted every scoring chance. The past few months, he has rarely made a difference, and he has missed all his scoring chances.

He is who he is...A try-hard player, whose effort is more valuable than his skills. The past couple months have led me to believe he's a lot easier to replace than I thought back in October.

No way he will ever be a regular starter for Chelsea.

Do ya know wot Wilbraham, I think I have reached a very similar opinion to yours.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 22 May 22 10.13am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

I think he unbalances the team, two strong DMs, Eze in front, and two FBs who can overlap, Olise can cover for Eze, Rak-Sakyi for Olise, Choice of Nketiah, Mateta or Edouard up top, Simples

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View viveasheagle's Profile viveasheagle Flag perth 22 May 22 10.21am Send a Private Message to viveasheagle Add viveasheagle as a friend

One of benefits of Gallagher is the pressure he brings helps to regain possession. If we don't have possession then Eze has to defend and he has not been convincing in this role. There were times in the first half against Everton with Eze and Hughes running the midfield we looked really really good and Everton could not get a touch. Hopefully now we look an established EPL team we can attract a suitable replacement but with Newcastle going to be the spend it is unlikely a decent midfielder will be cheap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Runningman's Profile Runningman Flag Keston 22 May 22 12.26pm Send a Private Message to Runningman Add Runningman as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Do ya know wot Wilbraham, I think I have reached a very similar opinion to yours.

I agree with both of you.
His effectiveness has definitely fallen away in the 2nd half of the season. Iím undecided whether I would buy him if he was for sale. At £10/15m (latter twice the price of Hughes ?), maybe but Chelski would undoubtedly want more.

I see him going back to Chelsea then moving to a West Ham or Newcastle half way through the season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 22 May 22 12.36pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Runningman

I agree with both of you.
His effectiveness has definitely fallen away in the 2nd half of the season. Iím undecided whether I would buy him if he was for sale. At £10/15m (latter twice the price of Hughes ?), maybe but Chelski would undoubtedly want more.

I see him going back to Chelsea then moving to a West Ham or Newcastle half way through the season.

Maybe, but there are still a lot of folk wearing rose tinted specs who would have him here at any price.

I used to be one of those, but his form has definitely fallen off as the season played out. Whether Patrick could deal with that, or would want to, I'm not so sure.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 8 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Replacement for Gallaher