You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > A Glipmse Into The Near Future
December 1 2021 6.42pm

A Glipmse Into The Near Future

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Nov 21 3.29pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yes, I was going to ask can any of them drive , pick fruit and veg-even rotting fruit, carve up a pig, wipe an old persons bottom, or serve ale in Brexit Tims Witherspoons? If the answer is yes to any of the above, get them on the next plane over, and like Sir Geoffrey and his Carribean jaunt, no need to isolate in a crummy hotel room! The more the merrier, especially if we want pigs in blankets( maybe not) and turkey this christmas!

And you wonder why people don't vote Labour.

If your attitude reflects that of the average Lefty then sensible people need to hope that right of centre parties remain in government forever.
We need to get the current available workforce off the dole and into work. The sort of people who spend their time demonstrating for ridiculous reasons instead of looking for work and blaming the Tories when the cause of their problems lie closer to home.

It might also be a good idea for Europeans to stop worrying about
their Facebook profiles and have some kids. The Europeans aren't the ones who are having too many children, but we are paying the price for believing those idiots in the 60s who told us we were.


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (09 Nov 2021 3.29pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Nov 21 3.44pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

And you wonder why people don't vote Labour.

If your attitude reflects that of the average Lefty then sensible people need to hope that right of centre parties remain in government forever.
We need to get the current available workforce off the dole and into work. The sort of people who spend their time demonstrating for ridiculous reasons instead of looking for work and blaming the Tories when the cause of their problems lie closer to home.

It might also be a good idea for Europeans to stop worrying about
their Facebook profiles and have some kids. The Europeans aren't the ones who are having too many children, but we are paying the price for believing those idiots in the 60s who told us we were.


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (09 Nov 2021 3.29pm)


Nothing to do with lefty/righty, just to do with a shortage of workers! Im not adverse to a centre of the road government, lab or CON, if they run the country without nicking all the money! The righties have been CONned big time, when interest rates go up they are going to be moaning, and no doubt blaming everyone else but the CONS, and themselves for falling in love with bungle!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Nov 21 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


Nothing to do with lefty/righty, just to do with a shortage of workers! Im not adverse to a centre of the road government, lab or CON, if they run the country without nicking all the money! The righties have been CONned big time, when interest rates go up they are going to be moaning, and no doubt blaming everyone else but the CONS, and themselves for falling in love with bungle!

How old are you?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Nov 21 3.56pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

How old are you?

Year older than you I think.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 21 4.07pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger


I don't usually bother to respond to you but since I started the thread I feel obliged in this case.

Of course increasing population is the primary driver in man made environmental issues. To suggest otherwise is potty.

There is no doom and gloom, only reality. As we know, you have no grasp of that.

We need to prepare for the inevitable by stopping migrants entering Europe. They don't migrate out of necessity in many instances. That is another one of your fantasies.

Brexit has nothing to do with it. It will have no bearing on any agreement that is made in future, and no effect on how we defend the borders of Britain.
This is not some medieval siege. We have the means to deter migrants without any effect on the supply of resources.

To suggest anything other than the industrial revolution and the consequential burning of fossil fuels is the primary cause is what is "potty". Increased population only exacerbates it because they too burn fossil fuels.

The reality is not only that we have a problem. It's also that you don't offer any kind of workable solution. You only offer words that have no real meaning. The idea that we must "prepare for the inevitable by stopping migrants entering Europe" is a prime example of that. What do you expect? Armed vigilantes patrolling every beach, day and night? Gun boats offshore sinking incoming migrant craft? Unless we get the co-operation of our nearest neighbours, this simply wouldn't work even if it was accepted by the people.

You seem to think we have the means to deter migrants. If it was that easy, it would already be done.

We certainly need to deter the illegals, but the only deterrent that will work is that they see a better opportunity at home. Trying to frighten them away is a slippery slope leading to an even bigger problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 09 Nov 21 4.20pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Like so much else in this world, the key to any understanding of a situation is about what is not being said as opposed to what is.

And I am noticing a genuine lack of voices suggesting these 'migrants' are allowed into Poland.

Suspect that many on the Left are looking to sit this one out. And the EU, for once, seemingly showing some balls.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 09 Nov 21 4.31pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Like so much else in this world, the key to any understanding of a situation is about what is not being said as opposed to what is.

And I am noticing a genuine lack of voices suggesting these 'migrants' are allowed into Poland.

Suspect that many on the Left are looking to sit this one out. And the EU, for once, seemingly showing some balls.


Even the clowns in the EU can see how Joe public is sick and tired . Tired of their open-borders crap. If one more country does a Brexit it's 'game over' for Brussels.

Like the fall of Rome in 350 ad , the end is now inevitable . The EU clowns cannot stop 400 million angry Europeans.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (09 Nov 2021 4.34pm)

 


Eagle with SE19 altitude

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 21 6.02pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

And I donít even read your posts. And there in bold is why.

We cannot feed ourselves. There is already the aroma of a threat to use our need to import food as a political weapon. How much more so if we start to play hard ball with migrants and dump them all back on French soil?

Economic migrants exist. If their home economies were doing better they wouldn't.

If you think Brexit hasn't made a bad situation worse, and potentially much worse, then you are living in cloud-cuckoo-land.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 09 Nov 21 6.33pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

We cannot feed ourselves. There is already the aroma of a threat to use our need to import food as a political weapon. How much more so if we start to play hard ball with migrants and dump them all back on French soil?

Economic migrants exist. If their home economies were doing better they wouldn't.

If you think Brexit hasn't made a bad situation worse, and potentially much worse, then you are living in cloud-cuckoo-land.

This is simply not a good enough reason or explanation. People fleeing countries doesnít improve those countries and Britain or England will always be a better place than many countries, especially the countries these people are fleeing. And if France tries bullying England over our food imports then good luck to them with the English boycott of non essential french food and drink. Loads of it is available made elsewhere and cheaper anyway.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 09 Nov 21 7.10pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

We cannot feed ourselves. There is already the aroma of a threat to use our need to import food as a political weapon. How much more so if we start to play hard ball with migrants and dump them all back on French soil?

Economic migrants exist. If their home economies were doing better they wouldn't.

If you think Brexit hasn't made a bad situation worse, and potentially much worse, then you are living in cloud-cuckoo-land.

So it was already bad then? At least you recognise that!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Nov 21 8.26pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

To suggest anything other than the industrial revolution and the consequential burning of fossil fuels is the primary cause is what is "potty". Increased population only exacerbates it because they too burn fossil fuels.

The reality is not only that we have a problem. It's also that you don't offer any kind of workable solution. You only offer words that have no real meaning. The idea that we must "prepare for the inevitable by stopping migrants entering Europe" is a prime example of that. What do you expect? Armed vigilantes patrolling every beach, day and night? Gun boats offshore sinking incoming migrant craft? Unless we get the co-operation of our nearest neighbours, this simply wouldn't work even if it was accepted by the people.

You seem to think we have the means to deter migrants. If it was that easy, it would already be done.

We certainly need to deter the illegals, but the only deterrent that will work is that they see a better opportunity at home. Trying to frighten them away is a slippery slope leading to an even bigger problem.

The burning of fossil fuels would not be much of a problem had the world population remained at Victorian levels.
China creates more Co2 in a day than we have since then. It is the increasing global demand for energy that is the major factor.

It is not just about fossil fuel, it is about all forms of pollution.

You are argumentative for the sake of it, and that is utterly tedious.


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (09 Nov 2021 8.27pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 21 8.50pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

This is simply not a good enough reason or explanation. People fleeing countries doesnít improve those countries and Britain or England will always be a better place than many countries, especially the countries these people are fleeing. And if France tries bullying England over our food imports then good luck to them with the English boycott of non essential french food and drink. Loads of it is available made elsewhere and cheaper anyway.

That people move around more than they used to is true. It's the modern world. Whether we are "better" depends on people's perceptions, but if we ensure that countries are safe to live in, people have food and water and access to good health care, then they are far more likely not to want to just get away. That's where the emphasis needs to be, and not on fanciful concepts of turning back a desperate human tide. If we did succeed in doing that, which seems very unlikely on our own, then we just divert the problems elsewhere. Diverted to places who won't be over pleased with us and who have the capacity to ensure we understand that.

It's not just French food that's an issue. It's everything that travels by truck across the channel, and that includes a lot from other EU countries. Do you think that France and the EU wouldn't coordinate such action? Cheaper elsewhere would soon look pretty silly if it has to be flown in, or isn't available.

It won't happen, because it isn't in anyone's interests that it should, but that also implies we will compromise and co-operate. Not just on food imports, but on how to jointly respond to the undocumented migrant crisis. We won't go it alone, because we cannot do it alone.

The posturing over Brexit will stop because it has to stop. We will be forced to understand that, like it or not, we need the assistance of our neighbours in the EU to deal with these things. Brexit is a self-imposed and totally unnecessary barrier erected purely for the vanity of the few, who conned the many.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > A Glipmse Into The Near Future