You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
September 27 2022 9.58pm

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 106 of 194 < 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 >

 

BlueJay Flag UK 19 Jun 22 4.37pm

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's a good idea. Obviously making it cheaper for people to travel to work and taking cars off the roads. Needs a good infrastructure to work - which most of the European countries don't have. The trains here don't really go anywhere except Dublin.
I use the bus, it's an electric bus these days. I have a Leap card (a bit like Oyster). It's currently 2.70 a day. At a guess, half the price petrol would cost me.
Things like this need to be done to address some of the cost of living rises. Petrol a killer in Ireland - particularly rural Ireland.

Definitely. It's a crying shame that public transport isn't more affordable. Both for taking cars off the road and connecting and boosting business and tourism nationwide. It's a missed opportunity.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.33pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Not sure what your argument here, are you saying all EU countries have done the same? Or all EU nationals can use it but not non-EU nationals? Or had we not left the EU we would have done the same?

Edited by Spiderman (19 Jun 2022 12.31pm)

Or. maybe everything in the EU isn"t as bad as we were told by Jacob and Nigel

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.35pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Was that only Tory MPs then?

Read the post spider!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.37pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

The very same country who had a train crash the other day potentially due to overcrowding. Yup what a cracking idea that was !!!

That has nothing to do with giving people great travel deals- unless we are accident free!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.39pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


As you don't have any attachment to a particular country why not go get your cheap monthly train travel in your desired EU.

You can still become a citizen of the EU, it's not as hard as some people think.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Jun 2022 3.00pm)

I am already a citizen of the EU-and little britain

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.42pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's a good idea. Obviously making it cheaper for people to travel to work and taking cars off the roads. Needs a good infrastructure to work - which most of the European countries don't have. The trains here don't really go anywhere except Dublin.
I use the bus, it's an electric bus these days. I have a Leap card (a bit like Oyster). It's currently 2.70 a day. At a guess, half the price petrol would cost me.
Things like this need to be done to address some of the cost of living rises. Petrol a killer in Ireland - particularly rural Ireland.

Yep, radical ideas have to be put in place-we don"t seem to have anyone in our gov who wants to take charge- but they will catch on eventually-once they see an opportunity for a long lunch and a few gifts!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.50pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

So their annual salary is the same as Luka's wages for the week. Doesn't seem excessive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 5.54pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's a good idea. Obviously making it cheaper for people to travel to work and taking cars off the roads. Needs a good infrastructure to work - which most of the European countries don't have. The trains here don't really go anywhere except Dublin.
I use the bus, it's an electric bus these days. I have a Leap card (a bit like Oyster). It's currently 2.70 a day. At a guess, half the price petrol would cost me.
Things like this need to be done to address some of the cost of living rises. Petrol a killer in Ireland - particularly rural Ireland.

Used to love thew train from Dublin to Roscommon, once shared a carriage with Ruairi O Bradigh- the guinness trains waiting to go down country in tankers always bought a smile to my face AC.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 19 Jun 22 6.00pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's a good idea. Obviously making it cheaper for people to travel to work and taking cars off the roads. Needs a good infrastructure to work - which most of the European countries don't have. The trains here don't really go anywhere except Dublin.
I use the bus, it's an electric bus these days. I have a Leap card (a bit like Oyster). It's currently 2.70 a day. At a guess, half the price petrol would cost me.
Things like this need to be done to address some of the cost of living rises. Petrol a killer in Ireland - particularly rural Ireland.


I2m suprised you dont cycle mate, or are the roads to dangerous? You deffo got the scenery for sure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 19 Jun 22 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Definitely. It's a crying shame that public transport isn't more affordable. Both for taking cars off the road and connecting and boosting business and tourism nationwide. It's a missed opportunity.

Recently, the transport system here in Cornwall underwent something of a revolution. Previously it had consisted of several operators, with 2 major ones, none of who accepted the other's tickets. Whilst they are still separate businesses, they now have a unified ticketing system, which includes local rail services. Fares have halved, and a single ticket covers quite wide areas around each major town, giving unlimited daily use for 3. I, of course, also have a bus pass which allows free travel on buses throughout the UK. This has been supported by the government, on a trial basis, and administered by Cornwall Council. Routes have been extended and frequency increased. It seems to be working! Buses seem fuller than before.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Jun 22 9.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I am already a citizen of the EU-and little britain

Half in, half out.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 19 Jun 22 10.26pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Recently, the transport system here in Cornwall underwent something of a revolution. Previously it had consisted of several operators, with 2 major ones, none of who accepted the other's tickets. Whilst they are still separate businesses, they now have a unified ticketing system, which includes local rail services. Fares have halved, and a single ticket covers quite wide areas around each major town, giving unlimited daily use for 3. I, of course, also have a bus pass which allows free travel on buses throughout the UK. This has been supported by the government, on a trial basis, and administered by Cornwall Council. Routes have been extended and frequency increased. It seems to be working! Buses seem fuller than before.

The over-60 bus pass provides free travel in Scotland but not the rest of the UK. It's also free for those up to 22 on application.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 106 of 194 < 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.