You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
June 6 2023 9.41am

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 396 of 476 < 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 >

 

View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 04 Jan 23 10.20am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I think he meant posted about personal experience, not called you a liar

Yes, youíre right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 04 Jan 23 10.28am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

There are, though, plenty of care homes. Just not NHS. They are quite efficient. One after another those that rely on local council funding are going out of business. There is a huge number lying empty.

Sort out the funding, sort out the staffing. Focus on the major levers. And I donít blame the councils, they have been denuded of central government funding which should be ringfenced.

And the need to reduce management is a vicious myth. Do some research.

Edited by Mapletree (04 Jan 2023 10.08am)

If there are old people who own a property and need care then they should pay for it. It goes back to what I posted ages ago. An entitled society. Many wonít have the means to pay so go in a social home which may well be a lower standard. A bit like shopping in Poundland or M+S. in the bigger picture one is of a higher standard than the other.
I am in the owner bracket but still understand it could be me having to pay. The issue is the kids who feel that mum n dad should set them up for life. Feck em I say. If they havenít got the compassion to do the best in whichever way for their parents then do they deserve anything at the end?

Edited by cryrst (04 Jan 2023 10.29am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 04 Jan 23 10.33am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

If there are old people who own a property and need care then they should pay for it. It goes back to what I posted ages ago. An entitled society. Many wonít have the means to pay so go in a social home which may well be a lower standard. A bit like shopping in Poundland or M+S. in the bigger picture one is of a higher standard than the other.
I am in the owner bracket but still understand it could be me having to pay. The issue is the kids who feel that mum n dad should set them up for life. Feck em I say. If they havenít got the compassion to do the best in whichever way for their parents then do they deserve anything at the end?

Edited by cryrst (04 Jan 2023 10.29am)

In principle I don't disagree but I know lots of people who don't own property but have the same comfortable lifestyle so why do they get a freebie?

I think the fairest thing to do is pay for this stuff through general taxation it would also mean that all adults should pay something for NHS / social care.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 04 Jan 23 10.48am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

There are, though, plenty of care homes. Just not NHS. They are quite efficient. One after another those that rely on local council funding are going out of business. There is a huge number lying empty.

Sort out the funding, sort out the staffing. Focus on the major levers. And I donít blame the councils, they have been denuded of central government funding which should be ringfenced.

And the need to reduce management is a vicious myth. Do some research.

Edited by Mapletree (04 Jan 2023 10.08am)

I agree with most of what you say and one way or another private health needs to be called upon asap and be allowed to help out as long as the right deal is done - in other words not just "name your price because we are in the doo doo"!
Councils do need to be held responsible as well though because they waste millions every year as well.
Public service money wasting isright up there with the worst - other peoples money - they are either too stupid or they don't care - or both!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe West 04 Jan 23 10.58am Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Agreed so why do some on here get so upset about bankers bonuses.

Errr

Slight difference in pay there. Also I don't particularly like the man but what he does is of more value than a glorified telemarketer gambling other peoples money.

 


oh contrare, said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Did you know? 98% of people are morons.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 04 Jan 23 11.08am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

Errr

Slight difference in pay there. Also I don't particularly like the man but what he does is of more value than a glorified telemarketer gambling other peoples money.

Well that is a subjectivel opinion on what value a person is. Of course we could force all bankers to be paid minium wage and all nurses be on six figures but the economy would soon collapse.

I spent my career in banking generally speaking bonuses were only given to people who deserved them. If you made your company £1m why shouldn't you share in it.

Banks have employed huge numbers of people over the generations they could only do this because they made profits, those profits of course fund the NHS and social care etc.

In 2008 the system collapsed and the taxpayer had to bail them out. Since then the taxpayer has recovered most of that money. The financial services sector has been a major earner for the country for generations apart from that bad year.

Meanwhile we had decades after decades of failing heavy industries that cost us a fortune and we never got that money back.

As for Mick Lynch don't like the man but his salary is between him and his union.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 04 Jan 23 11.20am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

If there are old people who own a property and need care then they should pay for it. It goes back to what I posted ages ago. An entitled society. Many wonít have the means to pay so go in a social home which may well be a lower standard. A bit like shopping in Poundland or M+S. in the bigger picture one is of a higher standard than the other.
I am in the owner bracket but still understand it could be me having to pay. The issue is the kids who feel that mum n dad should set them up for life. Feck em I say. If they havenít got the compassion to do the best in whichever way for their parents then do they deserve anything at the end?

Edited by cryrst (04 Jan 2023 10.29am)

There are almost no places in 'social homes' which I assume means local council homes cryrst. Do you live in a yurt?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 04 Jan 23 11.26am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I agree with most of what you say and one way or another private health needs to be called upon asap and be allowed to help out as long as the right deal is done - in other words not just "name your price because we are in the doo doo"!
Councils do need to be held responsible as well though because they waste millions every year as well.
Public service money wasting isright up there with the worst - other peoples money - they are either too stupid or they don't care - or both!

I am no fan of local councils and their employees. It's where you go to let your CV quietly die. But let's not forget they are overseen by the NAO, ombudsman and directly by Parliament

Also remember that local authorities don't have the ability to fully fund themselves and rely on central government grants that keep getting radically cut, especially if it involves a non-Conservative controlled council.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 04 Jan 23 12.31pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

There are almost no places in 'social homes' which I assume means local council homes cryrst. Do you live in a yurt?

No but itís an option for old people I guess
Maybe hmg should compulsory purchase the private ones. You know the ones that make a profit and actually finance the nhs ones.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 04 Jan 23 12.33pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

It's a turn of phrase, stop being so pathetic.

The data (with a sample size of more than one person) is there for all to see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 04 Jan 23 12.40pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

So I was in a chemist the other day and a guy was arguing why the calpol recommended alongside a prescription had to be paid for. I mean this is seriously what people expect. Paracetamol on prescription because ď I got no moneyĒ. He bought it in the end.
Piss takers everywhere swallowing huge amounts of money.
Although at least long term medication is now only given as four weeks supply. Apparently the amount lost to people dying whilst holding a few months worth was worth this change so some blue sky thinking. Little tweaks here and there to start with, then BAMM sort out some bigger problems like top heavy admin.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 04 Jan 23 12.49pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

OK sleepy head. Who took us down the disastrous path of Brexit, then did nothing to ameliorate the damage? Just made it worse with deals like the Australian one that is a nightmare for UK farming. Have you tried importing or exporting anything recently?And overspent madly on PPE having allowed stocks to go out of date. Have broken our education system which now relies massively on NQTs. And our NHS which canít get staff.

There is so much they have broken. Look at UK productivity. And look at both consumer confidence and trust in politicians. It truly is hard to imagine a worse performance. We are even miles behind on vaccinations despite our strong natural initial advantage

And by the way only old people can remember a Labour Government. You canít claim things would be worse, this is a completely new group of people. Itís a shame more conservative MPs arenít women, maybe theyíd be less full of testosterone and more caring. Currently 25% compared to labourís 52%.

If I thought that Labour could fix any of this, I'd vote for them

You know full well that they won't.

You cannot just fix the fall out from a pandemic and you can't just ignore what mass immigration is doing to this country, what ever the claimed benefits.
The NHS is one victim of that. It has to cater for more and more people, including an increasingly ageing population. It is also expected to cover a wider range of services. Right now we have huge numbers of ill people and despite that, nurses are striking for a ridiculous pay increase.

The current inflation crisis has nothing to do with government policy. I'm sure Labour would have already agreed to the ridiculous inflation stoking wage demands of the big unions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 396 of 476 < 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.