You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace match thread
January 28 2023 10.52am

Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 14 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 05 Dec 21 4.07pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

After coming off the back of 2 defeats I can understand us not taking the game to United and working hard for a point to get things back on track. I get that...

However, this was really quite poor. We didn't give ourselves any outlet at all. It's was like watching a Roy type performance all over again.
Schlupp in centre midfield is just pointless. He's non existent and Kouyate is simply just not good enough. His passing is atrocious.

Getting really quite fed up with Wilf... Constantly giving the ball away trying to be clever. When it comes off every now and then it looks great but those moments are few and far between.

Next up is an out of form Everton and this game is looking very important now yo get ourselves back on track.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 05 Dec 21 4.08pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

The only good thing about Gallagher playing poorly last week and worse today is the press have stopped proclaiming him as the best thing since sliced bread.

Let us not forget that CG could not save WBA or Fulham from the drop and I expect that will also apply to us!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nubes's Profile Nubes Flag London 05 Dec 21 4.09pm Send a Private Message to Nubes Add Nubes as a friend

Originally posted by Wilesy01

So many moments in our games that have cost us this season.

If Benteke and Ayew could have finished relatively simple opportunities this week would have been completely different.

But such is life as a Palace supporter, we miss sitters and are made to pay.

This - absolutely - this
Although I was hoping Eze and Olise to come on at the very least on 70 mins to stretch them. 82 mins is too late in bringing them on!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 05 Dec 21 4.11pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend


that was probably the weakest ManUre we have faced in many years.

its a pity Ayew missed, but i have run out of patience with both him and Benteke.

 


Upsetting Manchester time and again

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View General's Profile General Flag 05 Dec 21 4.11pm Send a Private Message to General Add General as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

The only thing I wonder about Riedewald is how in the name of god has he managed to become a professional football player. He is awful

it is indeed crazy how that very small unsuccessful club called Ajax produce any professional footballers

I mean what good player has ever started their career there and proceeded to do anything good for football..

oh wait actually i've just found my marbles all over the floor, must have lost them talking about Ajax like that

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View benjo's Profile benjo Flag Sydney 05 Dec 21 4.12pm Send a Private Message to benjo Add benjo as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

The only good thing about Gallagher playing poorly last week and worse today is the press have stopped proclaiming him as the best thing since sliced bread.

Its Jimmy Mac that makes him look good.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View peterg's Profile peterg Flag Anerley 05 Dec 21 4.12pm Send a Private Message to peterg Add peterg as a friend

Tekkers misses sitter in 75th minute at Leeds.
Ayew misses great chance in 75th minute at Manure.
We lose both matches 1-0.
It's hard supporting Palace. The worst thing is the hope.

 


The right place at the right time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Zaha127's Profile Zaha127 Flag 05 Dec 21 4.13pm Send a Private Message to Zaha127 Add Zaha127 as a friend

Anyone think Palace need a change of formation and perhaps play Edouard and Benteke together rather than one on the bench or one on the wing when they both play? And maybe Hughes as a DM he can play there has done for Watford.


(3-5-2): Guaita, Guehi, Andersen, Ward, Mitchell, Gallagher, Hughes, Mcarthur, Clyne, Edouard, Benteke.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 05 Dec 21 4.15pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

After coming off the back of 2 defeats I can understand us not taking the game to United and working hard for a point to get things back on track. I get that...

However, this was really quite poor. We didn't give ourselves any outlet at all. It's was like watching a Roy type performance all over again.
Schlupp in centre midfield is just pointless. He's non existent and Kouyate is simply just not good enough. His passing is atrocious.

Getting really quite fed up with Wilf... Constantly giving the ball away trying to be clever. When it comes off every now and then it looks great but those moments are few and far between.

Next up is an out of form Everton and this game is looking very important now yo get ourselves back on track.


From my viewpoint i would rather have a Roy type performance and stay in PL, we are trying to play fantasy football with players who are not capable of delivering this product, the basics to be succesful in any successful team is to stop teams scoring against you and to able to score yourselves neither of which we are able to do at present!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View 55 years a fan's Profile 55 years a fan Flag 05 Dec 21 4.19pm Send a Private Message to 55 years a fan Add 55 years a fan as a friend

Originally posted by General

it is indeed crazy how that very small unsuccessful club called Ajax produce any professional footballers

I mean what good player has ever started their career there and proceeded to do anything good for football..

oh wait actually i've just found my marbles all over the floor, must have lost them talking about Ajax like that

Unfortunately there are exceptions to the rule and he is one of them

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CPFCwetrust's Profile CPFCwetrust Flag Maidstone 05 Dec 21 4.22pm Send a Private Message to CPFCwetrust Add CPFCwetrust as a friend

I think it'd be nice to see Eze and Olise get a start rather than warm the bench now.

Ayew for all his effort and giving 100%....hasn't got the end product and Benteke....I don't think I need to write what I think of him.

It would be nice to see some fresh faces starting (not saying they will set the world alight straight away) some youth injected might give them a lift... here's to hoping.

We aren't of the calibre for European football but to stay up, show some progress and some entertaining football with some end product would be all I hope for.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pax3908's Profile pax3908 Flag 05 Dec 21 4.23pm Send a Private Message to pax3908 Add pax3908 as a friend

Originally posted by CPFCwetrust

I think it'd be nice to see Eze and Olise get a start rather than warm the bench now.

Ayew for all his effort and giving 100%....hasn't got the end product and Benteke....I don't think I need to write what I think of him.

It would be nice to see some fresh faces starting (not saying they will set the world alight straight away) some youth injected might give them a lift... here's to hoping.

We aren't of the calibre for European football but to stay up, show some progress and some entertaining football with some end product would be all I hope for.

Amen to that!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 14 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace match thread