You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > When Conor goes Odsonne steps up?
January 25 2022 11.49am

When Conor goes Odsonne steps up?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


 

View Glazier#1's Profile Glazier#1 Flag 06 Jan 22 11.21am Send a Private Message to Glazier#1 Add Glazier#1 as a friend

Watching the West Ham game it appeared to me that although Edouard was bought and thought of as a striker, he shows much more impact when he comes from deeper, picks up the ball and runs at the opposition. He just looked classy and dangerous when doing so.

What we see is a player who will challenge tenaciously for the ball and, when he picks it up, will run at pace with excellent close control. Defenders hate this and the modern game likes it more and more. Look at what Grealish is prized for.

A player who can operate in a midfield role: harrassing when in defensive mode but fast-paced and positive when on the offensive. Top that with an eye for goal and what we see is a far more effective player than simply a striker.

I could see him playing a role similar to Conor and this has completely shifted my feelings about definitely losing Conor at the end of the season and not being able to afford to buy.

Does anyone else agree that this is a new, surprising and exciting development? Or am I writing nonsense?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 06 Jan 22 11.30am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Glazier#1

Watching the West Ham game it appeared to me that although Edouard was bought and thought of as a striker, he shows much more impact when he comes from deeper, picks up the ball and runs at the opposition. He just looked classy and dangerous when doing so.

What we see is a player who will challenge tenaciously for the ball and, when he picks it up, will run at pace with excellent close control. Defenders hate this and the modern game likes it more and more. Look at what Grealish is prized for.

A player who can operate in a midfield role: harrassing when in defensive mode but fast-paced and positive when on the offensive. Top that with an eye for goal and what we see is a far more effective player than simply a striker.

I could see him playing a role similar to Conor and this has completely shifted my feelings about definitely losing Conor at the end of the season and not being able to afford to buy.

Does anyone else agree that this is a new, surprising and exciting development? Or am I writing nonsense?

I think you are very brave by asking this on HOL, hope your tin hat is handy . . .

In answer, i think its a good spot & an interesting development, which we wont know the real answer to, until CG finally leaves

Edited by eagleman13 (06 Jan 2022 11.33am)

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Glazier#1's Profile Glazier#1 Flag 06 Jan 22 11.55am Send a Private Message to Glazier#1 Add Glazier#1 as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

I think you are very brave by asking this on HOL, hope your tin hat is handy . . .

In answer, i think its a good spot & an interesting development, which we wont know the real answer to, until CG finally leaves

Edited by eagleman13 (06 Jan 2022 11.33am)

You're not wrong lol....asking for trouble and serves me right haha

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 06 Jan 22 12.42pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Glazier#1

Watching the West Ham game it appeared to me that although Edouard was bought and thought of as a striker, he shows much more impact when he comes from deeper, picks up the ball and runs at the opposition. He just looked classy and dangerous when doing so.

What we see is a player who will challenge tenaciously for the ball and, when he picks it up, will run at pace with excellent close control. Defenders hate this and the modern game likes it more and more. Look at what Grealish is prized for.

A player who can operate in a midfield role: harrassing when in defensive mode but fast-paced and positive when on the offensive. Top that with an eye for goal and what we see is a far more effective player than simply a striker.

I could see him playing a role similar to Conor and this has completely shifted my feelings about definitely losing Conor at the end of the season and not being able to afford to buy.

Does anyone else agree that this is a new, surprising and exciting development? Or am I writing nonsense?

I can see reason for hoping he gives more in an attacking sense , but Connor ,offers far more than that , his tenacity in defence is every bit as important as his ability to get in the box . How many times has Connor got Ward ,out of jail.? With his energetic tackling back, Connor, has it all, there is hardly anywhere on the pitch he doesnít get to effectively .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 06 Jan 22 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Different players for different positions. Both good at what they do but donít see them as being naturally interchangeable. I can see Edouard sitting deeper if we got a striker like Nketia. The thought of having Olise, Eze, Edouard and Nketia on the pitch at the same time is a mouthwatering prospect.

We do need to break the bank for a CG type player however.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Online Flag croydon 06 Jan 22 1.17pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Different players for different positions. Both good at what they do but donít see them as being naturally interchangeable. I can see Edouard sitting deeper if we got a striker like Nketia. The thought of having Olise, Eze, Edouard and Nketia on the pitch at the same time is a mouthwatering prospect.

We do need to break the bank for a CG type player however.

Parish is not the type of bloke to break the bank,whatever his other characteristics are.He could play Scrooge without blushing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 06 Jan 22 1.54pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

I'd agree that he looks good and comfortable carrying the ball.

However, we need a CF and at the moment he is the best one we have.

A CM needs to do more, and in that CAM position I'd rather have either:
Eze for his ball carrying ability, or
Ayew for his general work rate and transition play


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 


Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > When Conor goes Odsonne steps up?