You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > No Vax Novac
May 23 2022 11.35am

No Vax Novac

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 13 of 14 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Jan 22 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

If it's great to be English why write in American? Unless you are simply parroting some interweb conspiracy theorist who makes loads of money out of spouting dangerous rubbish.

I think most of my links on covid have been from the UK.

The English are a large part of the founding of America.....Nations are constructs....European stock is European, whether they are in South Africa or Birmingham.

I don't know why I spell skepticism that way....perhaps I'll revert considering your observation.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Jan 2022 9.39pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Jan 22 9.40pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

As you are in such a good mood I assume the shoulder went well.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery and hope you aren't in any - or at least much - pain.

You assume correctly.

Thank you.

shoulder.JPG Attachment: shoulder.JPG (43.54Kb)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 17 Jan 22 9.47pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

You assume correctly.

Thank you.

Blimey, thought it was a nappy at first

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Jan 22 9.47pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Or the drugs are giving him a high


The drugs are heavy duty Badger.

I can feel the body finding it hard to process it.

Feck that Codeine..I'd rather have the pain....Which isn't that bad as thankfully the surgeon did a remarkably good job at reducing the internal bruising.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 17 Jan 22 9.49pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


To clarify: In my view there's always an argument for an employer choosing their own criteria for an employee. However, for those who don't agree with that I view some of the comments as a double standard.

When I was posting I was never directly referring to care-homes and either was WE when you replied to him...We were both referring to the wider job market. If I remember correctly you originally implied that restrictions would be a legally enforceable thing before then sticking to care-homes....that's moving the goalposts but whatever.

Whatever the law is for care-homes and places with the very ill personally I think being vaccinated or unvaccinated makes little difference and instead I would be far more comfortable with daily negative tests regardless.

However, I doubt this was previously done with flu for example and instead surely there should be a common sense health policy....people who are ill or have symptoms shouldn't be coming in and working with ill people who have weak immune systems...vaccinated or unvaccinated.

However, if it's the law to be vaccinated in carehomes then as people looking to enter the profession would already know that....then it's not a topic I have that much of an issue with....firing those who entered before that law....that's a different layer to deal with.

As I said earlier I was talking generally.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Jan 2022 9.32pm)

You can dismiss someone for any reason other than due to a protected characteristic in the first two years. You can also simply refuse to hire people if they won't agree to get vaccinated, as I did from the outset of vaccinations being available.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Jan 22 10.12pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

You can dismiss someone for any reason other than due to a protected characteristic in the first two years. You can also simply refuse to hire people if they won't agree to get vaccinated, as I did from the outset of vaccinations being available.

Obviously the state sector has to have consistency in its rules but personally I've never felt comfortable with the state telling an employer who they can and can't employ.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 17 Jan 22 10.47pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Obviously the state sector has to have consistency in its rules but personally I've never felt comfortable with the state telling an employer who they can and can't employ.

You mean like needing a qualified person to sign off your accounts?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Jan 22 10.50pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

You mean like needing a qualified person to sign off your accounts?

What are you referring to?

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Croydon 18 Jan 22 7.19am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Let me try again

It is the law you have to be vaccinated to work in a Care Home

Therefore it doesn't actually matter if you have been employed for more than 2 years, your employer will have to remove you from your job and if there is no suitable alternative employment then they can dismiss you fairly. So no likelihood of success at a Tribunal and therefore no listing for a Tribunal

This process has already been completed by most Care Homes now.

I don't rely upon my title, I rely upon my training, education and experience. The title does to some extent reflect those.

I raised the two year thing (because someone mentioned court cases and suggested that the Employer would lose) and essentially I simply commented that you can’t bring a case to a tribunal anyway if you’ve worked there less than 2 years and that the lack of cases does seem to suggest that there is no case for anyone to answer regardless. I also pointed out that the law is that you couldn’t enter a care home from November unless you were vaccinated.

Not quite sure exactly what or why you had to try again but the point I was making (which I thought was pretty clear) was if the Employee had a case then these cases would be in court. They’re not which suggests that they have no chance which is contrary to what was being suggested.

However, I cannot begin to articulate how deeply privileged I feel that with your years of training, education and experience you took the time to ‘try again.’


Edited by Helmet46 (18 Jan 2022 7.37am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 18 Jan 22 8.37am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Less than 2 years employment ? All part of the 'gig' economy, so promoted by the Tory Government. It totally stripped workers of rights.

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (18 Jan 2022 8.38am)

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Croydon 18 Jan 22 8.41am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Less than 2 years employment ? All part of the 'gig' economy, so promoted by the Tory Government. It totally stripped workers of rights.

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (18 Jan 2022 8.38am)

Agree. It was not a good thing to do, in my opinion. My Wife was treated very badly but had been with the Company for 19 months. This was before the law changed and she won £3500 from the tribunal which, as the kids were very young and this was a part time role, was much needed. She’d get nothing today and it would have put a squeeze on us at the time and we may have had to take on debt to get through.

Edited by Helmet46 (18 Jan 2022 8.56am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Jan 22 9.42am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Helmet46

I raised the two year thing (because someone mentioned court cases and suggested that the Employer would lose) and essentially I simply commented that you can’t bring a case to a tribunal anyway if you’ve worked there less than 2 years and that the lack of cases does seem to suggest that there is no case for anyone to answer regardless. I also pointed out that the law is that you couldn’t enter a care home from November unless you were vaccinated.

Not quite sure exactly what or why you had to try again but the point I was making (which I thought was pretty clear) was if the Employee had a case then these cases would be in court. They’re not which suggests that they have no chance which is contrary to what was being suggested.

However, I cannot begin to articulate how deeply privileged I feel that with your years of training, education and experience you took the time to ‘try again.’


Edited by Helmet46 (18 Jan 2022 7.37am)

Great

Yes, you were correct

Unfortunately a couple of other people continued to argue against the facts which is why I posted.

Personally I would agree that one year should be long enough to assess an employee. You just need managers to watch the clock and not sleep walk past the date.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 13 of 14 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > No Vax Novac