You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Kennedy Assassination Documentary.
January 26 2022 9.08pm

Kennedy Assassination Documentary.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 14 Jan 22 10.44am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

This is the old grassy knoll hill that my mate's willing to die on.

I'm in the single shooter camp based on getting into it quite heavily back in the late nineties. There is so much stuff on the JFK assassination....I got into the OJ Simpson case as well trying to figure out how the murders happened. All armchair detective fascination which has become its own industry.

I could be wrong about the single shooter of course and I agree with Hrolf/Bluejay and others that none of us know the whole story and that's probably true about most major events. We only get to see the picture the mainstream want us to see.

Lies and more often omission are justified as being in the 'national interest' when personally I doubt that's most of the time....it's in the interest of the powerful.....A lie is a lie, whether it's told by our own supposed side or an enemy.

Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Jan 2022 11.46pm)

I'm not really sure why this is still a thing.
It is impossible to have an exit wound in the back of your head if you are shot from the back.

It just demonstrates the power of the 'official line'.

What I didn't realise previously was that the Zapruder film was not made publicly available for 12 years. No wonder they could spin the events so easily. Oswald's alleged rifle was not even his rifle.

It's all in the doc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 14 Jan 22 10.53am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

This is really a silly spat. Some people are still clearly interested in the whole saga and there are a plethora of books, documentaries and online groups to satisfy their interest.

However, a lot of people are just no longer that curious anymore. No problem with starting a thread about it, but unfortunately you will have to accept perjorative comments.

This is the internet. That goes for any subject.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 14 Jan 22 10.56am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

I suspect that most people in the UK aren't in the slightest bit interested in the death of a US President that happened over 60 years ago. It's too long ago and it has no relevance. We've moved on. Using HOL as a "straw poll", the number of replies appears to confirm my suspicions.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 14 Jan 22 11.11am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by YT

I suspect that most people in the UK aren't in the slightest bit interested in the death of a US President that happened over 60 years ago. It's too long ago and it has no relevance. We've moved on. Using HOL as a "straw poll", the number of replies appears to confirm my suspicions.

Are you sure about that?

I'm sure it wasn't just JFK.

Think about Iraq and Dr David Kelly. Think about MLK. Bobby Kennedy? None of the official lines on their deaths stand up to scrutiny. The CIA had a policy of offing problematic people back in the 60s.
Why would you think that has changed?

Perhaps you are more concerned with who is winning Strictly Come Dancing.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (14 Jan 2022 11.28am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 14 Jan 22 11.29am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Are you sure about that?

I'm sure it wasn't just JFK.

Think about Iraq and Dr David Kelly. Think about MLK. Bobby Kennedy? None of the official lines on their deaths stand up to scrutiny. The CIA had a policy of offing problematic people back in the 60s.
Why would think that has changed?

Perhaps you are more concerned with who is winning Strictly Come Dancing.

I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about the great UK public. I guarantee that far more people in the UK are concerned about Strictly Come Dancing or any other game show than the tiny minority who would even know who the Kennedys were. If you offered a Palace fan 3 points against Brighton tonight or the absolute truth on the Bobby Kennedy affair, how many do you think would say the latter?

Similarly for David Kelly. I (literally) just asked 2 colleagues if they knew who he was. Not a clue. Even after prompting by me about Iraq and WMD. Both of them are graduates of Russell Group universities.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 14 Jan 22 11.44am Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

Originally posted by YT

I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about the great UK public. I guarantee that far more people in the UK are concerned about Strictly Come Dancing or any other game show than the tiny minority who would even know who the Kennedys were. If you offered a Palace fan 3 points against Brighton tonight or the absolute truth on the Bobby Kennedy affair, how many do you think would say the latter?

Similarly for David Kelly. I (literally) just asked 2 colleagues if they knew who he was. Not a clue. Even after prompting by me about Iraq and WMD. Both of them are graduates of Russell Group universities.

I wouldn't use holders of current degrees as the yardstick of general knowledge these days. I worked with a young man 15 years ago who had graduated with a 2.1 in Modern English Literature, and had never heard of Graham Greene!

Cue replies of 'neither have I'!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 14 Jan 22 12.28pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

I wouldn't use holders of current degrees as the yardstick of general knowledge these days. I worked with a young man 15 years ago who had graduated with a 2.1 in Modern English Literature, and had never heard of Graham Greene!

Cue replies of 'neither have I'!!

Thought everyone knew of 'Opportunity Knocks'

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Online Flag Midhurst 14 Jan 22 12.34pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I'm not really sure why this is still a thing.
It is impossible to have an exit wound in the back of your head if you are shot from the back.

It just demonstrates the power of the 'official line'.

What I didn't realise previously was that the Zapruder film was not made publicly available for 12 years. No wonder they could spin the events so easily. Oswald's alleged rifle was not even his rifle.

It's all in the doc.

Well Hrolf, I for one are pleased you started this thread because I hadn't picked up on Oliver Stone's documentary. It's clear that some folk on here don't appreciate the sinister background to the story. There was undoubtedly a cover up and although it happened nearly 60 years ago the implications of political corruption are disturbing.

I watched the first 2 episodes last night and Stone's film gave a forensic account of the background and the events leading up to and following Kennedy's murder. I won't watch the other 2 episodes tonight because there's a game I don't want to miss.

The film JFK covered much the same ground so I didn't think there was a lot of new information, but Stone managed to piece together some quality input from real people rather than just actors. Convincing stuff.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 14 Jan 22 12.35pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by YT

I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about the great UK public. I guarantee that far more people in the UK are concerned about Strictly Come Dancing or any other game show than the tiny minority who would even know who the Kennedys were. If you offered a Palace fan 3 points against Brighton tonight or the absolute truth on the Bobby Kennedy affair, how many do you think would say the latter?

Similarly for David Kelly. I (literally) just asked 2 colleagues if they knew who he was. Not a clue. Even after prompting by me about Iraq and WMD. Both of them are graduates of Russell Group universities.

I'm sure there are many people who are ignorant, indifferent or oblivious to history and world affairs and that makes them easy to control.
We are moving towards 'The Time Machine' world in some ways except that the Morlocks wear suits and live in nice houses.

For those with curious minds, the documentary is worth a watch.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (14 Jan 2022 12.36pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 14 Jan 22 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Well Hrolf, I for one are pleased you started this thread because I hadn't picked up on Oliver Stone's documentary. It's clear that some folk on here don't appreciate the sinister background to the story. There was undoubtedly a cover up and although it happened nearly 60 years ago the implications of political corruption are disturbing.

I watched the first 2 episodes last night and Stone's film gave a forensic account of the background and the events leading up to and following Kennedy's murder. I won't watch the other 2 episodes tonight because there's a game I don't want to miss.

The film JFK covered much the same ground so I didn't think there was a lot of new information, but Stone managed to piece together some quality input from real people rather than just actors. Convincing stuff.

Indeed. Obviously some of the stuff has been seen before but the recent release of documents puts more meat on the bones.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 14 Jan 22 12.49pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

I wouldn't use holders of current degrees as the yardstick of general knowledge these days. I worked with a young man 15 years ago who had graduated with a 2.1 in Modern English Literature, and had never heard of Graham Greene!

Cue replies of 'neither have I'!!

That's disappointing but not surprising.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 14 Jan 22 12.50pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

I wouldn't use holders of current degrees as the yardstick of general knowledge these days. I worked with a young man 15 years ago who had graduated with a 2.1 in Modern English Literature, and had never heard of Graham Greene!

Cue replies of 'neither have I'!!

Iím still amused at the memory of a 27 year old with an MBA and a degree being totally baffled when presented with pencil and paper to subtract one three digit number from another.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Kennedy Assassination Documentary.