You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Manchester City Match Thread
November 30 2022 1.24pm

Palace vs Manchester City Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 15 Mar 22 10.32am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Back in the day, the shocking state of the pitches made me look like a bad player

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 15 Mar 22 11.03am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews

How good was Tyrick Mitchell last night, he had Mahrez and Walker to shut out? Apart from the one that Mahrez ran onto in the box,he didnít get any views of our goal.

Agree, fantastic performance.

Mahrez was really on his game last night, at times his first touch was unbelievable yet TM performed brilliantly.

With Walker charging forward we looked exposed on that side but TM repeatedly managed the situation.

Not sure who was meant to be helping TM out but both Jeff and/or Wilf went missing at times. It's a credit to the young man that City couldn't exploit this situation

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 15 Mar 22 11.26am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Just seen a stupid click bait about Zaha not have many touches and costing PV the game.

I don't agree it wasn't Zaha's best game but the article completely failed to mention that Zaha was injured in the warm up.

If that was Connor Wickham, would he have played?

Wilf did put in a shift to his credit.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 15 Mar 22 11.44am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

Agree, fantastic performance.

Mahrez was really on his game last night, at times his first touch was unbelievable yet TM performed brilliantly.

With Walker charging forward we looked exposed on that side but TM repeatedly managed the situation.

Not sure who was meant to be helping TM out but both Jeff and/or Wilf went missing at times. It's a credit to the young man that City couldn't exploit this situation

Tyrick Mitchell played with great aplomb.A stupendous performance.Well done Tyrick !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Online Flag Oxford 15 Mar 22 11.49am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Just seen a stupid click bait about Zaha not have many touches and costing PV the game.

I don't agree it wasn't Zaha's best game but the article completely failed to mention that Zaha was injured in the warm up.

If that was Connor Wickham, would he have played?

Wilf did put in a shift to his credit.

Probably not for 18 months.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cROYdonrogers's Profile cROYdonrogers Flag Leamington Spa 15 Mar 22 12.03pm Send a Private Message to cROYdonrogers Add cROYdonrogers as a friend

A number of heroís. For me Kouyate immense. This AFCON things gone to his head.
On Pep and obviously I donít care, just an observation. Why did he not take Foden off and bring on Sterling. Not using a sub.was kind of arrogant on his part.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 15 Mar 22 12.17pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Just seen a stupid click bait about Zaha not have many touches and costing PV the game.

I don't agree it wasn't Zaha's best game but the article completely failed to mention that Zaha was injured in the warm up.

If that was Connor Wickham, would he have played?

Wilf did put in a shift to his credit.

I think the emphasis there is still on the belief that for Zaha to put in an 'expected' performance is for him to be beating 10/15 players every minute of the game, scoring worldies and bagging a couple of assists.

Last night was not a dazzling performance but he still formed a big part of a team that put in an incredible and most importantly effective shift.

Unfortunately Zaha's footballing reputation has led to the complete and ludicrous dichotomy in many peoples minds that he is either producing dazzling, world beating displays or he's s**t!

Did OK yesterday, would of course be nice to of seen some of his 'magic' which could of, and has, won us many games but at the very least he didn't f-up.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View stayloa's Profile stayloa Flag Beckenham 15 Mar 22 12.22pm Send a Private Message to stayloa Add stayloa as a friend

Originally posted by cROYdonrogers

A number of heroís. For me Kouyate immense. This AFCON things gone to his head.
On Pep and obviously I donít care, just an observation. Why did he not take Foden off and bring on Sterling. Not using a sub.was kind of arrogant on his part.

Completely agree. With the bench they had, surely Grealish and Foden off (the former put that cross in for Silva and did naff all else and Foden was AWOL), and Jesus and Sterling on.

Ahh well, I'm not complaining. A superb performance all around.

The click-bait article on Zaha was also unfair. He did well in a game where he was never going to have the ball much!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 15 Mar 22 12.45pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Just seen a stupid click bait about Zaha not have many touches and costing PV the game.

I don't agree it wasn't Zaha's best game but the article completely failed to mention that Zaha was injured in the warm up.

If that was Connor Wickham, would he have played?

Wilf did put in a shift to his credit.

Would love them to ask Kyle Walker if he thought Zaha cost us the game.

He was a handful all night, diligent in defending and won some really important free kicks late on to relieve pressure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 15 Mar 22 12.47pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by cROYdonrogers

A number of heroís. For me Kouyate immense. This AFCON things gone to his head.
On Pep and obviously I donít care, just an observation. Why did he not take Foden off and bring on Sterling. Not using a sub.was kind of arrogant on his part.

Agree, I had Kouyate MOTM - it does feel like sometimes our team can be a little bit 'nice' and he's a nasty f*cker in midfield when it suits him. He left Foden in a heap off the ball a couple of times and generally looks a nightmare to play against.

Also a bit of a master of the dark arts with all the 'injuries' and bickering.

Mitchell and CG close runners up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 15 Mar 22 12.54pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by stayloa

Completely agree. With the bench they had, surely Grealish and Foden off (the former put that cross in for Silva and did naff all else and Foden was AWOL), and Jesus and Sterling on.

Ahh well, I'm not complaining. A superb performance all around.

The click-bait article on Zaha was also unfair. He did well in a game where he was never going to have the ball much!

When I read the accusation my immediate thought equated to parts of the male anatomy which are in a pair and roughly cylindrical.

Man C had 74% possession so our players were starved of possession as was anticipated.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilesy01's Profile Wilesy01 Flag Bristol 15 Mar 22 1.11pm Send a Private Message to Wilesy01 Add Wilesy01 as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Agree, I had Kouyate MOTM - it does feel like sometimes our team can be a little bit 'nice' and he's a nasty f*cker in midfield when it suits him. He left Foden in a heap off the ball a couple of times and generally looks a nightmare to play against.

Also a bit of a master of the dark arts with all the 'injuries' and bickering.

Mitchell and CG close runners up.

Agree with this, Kouyate was a nuisance and continued to break up play for 90mins.

Do we know what his contract situation is? I know he's into his 30's but deserves at least another year based off his form this season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Manchester City Match Thread