You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Aaron Wan-Bissaka
June 30 2022 11.34pm

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 15 of 15 << First< 11 12 13 14 15

 

View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 28 Jun 22 7.35pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

The usually reliable (and Palace fan) Ed Aarons reporting in the Guardian that Palace do have an interest in AWB.
Thereís nothing that surprising in that he was excellent for us, came through our youth system and is considerably younger than Ward and Clyne.
Furthermore , despite erratic form at Utd heís proven quality for us and there is also uncertainty around Fergusonís fitness as a viable future right back option.
On the basis that AWB ticks many boxes for us it becomes a question of whether a deal could be struck.
Utdís preference is supposedly for a sale.
If there are no takers from other clubs I could see us striking an 11th hour loan deal and I canít see a downside in such arrangement. The

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 28 Jun 22 8.52pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

The usually reliable (and Palace fan) Ed Aarons reporting in the Guardian that Palace do have an interest in AWB.
Thereís nothing that surprising in that he was excellent for us, came through our youth system and is considerably younger than Ward and Clyne.
Furthermore , despite erratic form at Utd heís proven quality for us and there is also uncertainty around Fergusonís fitness as a viable future right back option.
On the basis that AWB ticks many boxes for us it becomes a question of whether a deal could be struck.
Utdís preference is supposedly for a sale.
If there are no takers from other clubs I could see us striking an 11th hour loan deal and I canít see a downside in such arrangement. The

Only the wages.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag Yesterday 7.12am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by beak

Only the wages.

If he is on 80k per week as is claimed then a year's loan would be 4m just in wages, plus I imagine United would want a loan fee which would likely be at least a similar amount, so you could be talking about £8m to loan a right-back when we already have three. This is not to say I don't want him back, but the figures don't add up to me and I can't see us blowing a sizeable chunk of our budget on a position we don't desperately need to fill (albeit I think he is better than the three we have). Unless United get desperate to get him off their books then I still see this as going nowhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Yesterday 7.31am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

If he is on 80k per week as is claimed then a year's loan would be 4m just in wages, plus I imagine United would want a loan fee which would likely be at least a similar amount, so you could be talking about £8m to loan a right-back when we already have three. This is not to say I don't want him back, but the figures don't add up to me and I can't see us blowing a sizeable chunk of our budget on a position we don't desperately need to fill (albeit I think he is better than the three we have). Unless United get desperate to get him off their books then I still see this as going nowhere.

Maybe make a firm offer of £10m and see where it goes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag Yesterday 4.49pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Maybe make a firm offer of £10m and see where it goes.

His salary is at least double what he is worth so unless he desperately wants to play and takes a pay cut I can see him being another Phil Jones for the next three seasons. I can't see Palace taking him back if he is the third highest paid even at a nominal fee

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent Yesterday 5.53pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

According to the BBC, Spurs are hesitating in their bid for Djed Spence. If there was any chance might well be worth us considering.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 15 of 15 << First< 11 12 13 14 15

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Aaron Wan-Bissaka