You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > OH dear, Boris, what have you done
May 26 2022 3.38pm

OH dear, Boris, what have you done

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 01 May 22 10.53am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

A ridiculous sentence, the taxpayer picks up the tab and frankly who cares anyway.

He still manages money better than Sunak does.

Sunak's wife would make an excellent Chancellor, the UK would be quids-in

Silly Silly Boris. He should've employed a proper accountant to hide monies in offshore companies, instead of squandering on child maintenance following brief encounters in restaurant cupboards.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 01 May 22 11.33pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i wonder if Bono or Google have hidden more money than Boris ?

there was a big scandal with Apple. Makes the Boris money look like chickenfeed.

[Link]

Edited by PalazioVecchio (30 Apr 2022 8.09pm)

Crazy how powerful these corporations become and consequently has easy it becomes for them to wriggle out of any responsibility. They are in effect more powerful than many countries, and so are often the ones calling the shots.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 02 May 22 11.18am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Boris Becker now ensconced in Wandsworth prison, 3 miles from the centre court at Wimbledon where his displays electrified tennis.

How are the mighty fallen, or in his case plain foolish.

Why be in the UK at all, if you are facing 2 years in clink.

Hiding your stuff and everything can't you get someone else to do it?

It is ridiculous if he carried a knife with intent he would probably be let off with a warning.

Soft on crime, but offend financially and the tories will re-open the debtors prison.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 May 22 11.31am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Boris Becker now ensconced in Wandsworth prison, 3 miles from the centre court at Wimbledon where his displays electrified tennis.

How are the mighty fallen, or in his case plain foolish.

Why be in the UK at all, if you are facing 2 years in clink.

Hiding your stuff and everything can't you get someone else to do it?

It is ridiculous if he carried a knife with intent he would probably be let off with a warning.

Soft on crime, but offend financially and the tories will re-open the debtors prison.

Sorry to disagree Steeleye. My big complaint for decades has been the high and the mighty getting away with it. Here are some examples:

Ken Dodd and Harry Redknap Clear case of tax evasion.

Earnest Saunders (Guinness) the only known case of someone recovering from Alzheimer's after being released from jail on compassionate grounds. Quite why the judge could not have made it dependent on his illness so if he recovered back you go.

Steven Gerrard - Assault after he and six of his mates felt threatened by one DJ.

Any number of long complicated expensive fraud trials involving company senior management. Do they ever get done?

Any number of footballers from anything from speeding (Mr Loophole) to rape and other serious charges.

Katie Price how many more time will she get left off (is she noshing the judge?)

It's quite refreshing to see a celeb go to jail for a clear breach of the law. Time to lock up the corrupt senior corporate management.


 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 02 May 22 12.07pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

It is ridiculous if he carried a knife with intent he would probably be let off with a warning.

Soft on crime, but offend financially and the tories will re-open the debtors prison.

It's courts that impose sentences, not governments.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 04 May 22 12.18pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Boris Becker now ensconced in Wandsworth prison, 3 miles from the centre court at Wimbledon where his displays electrified tennis.

How are the mighty fallen, or in his case plain foolish.

Why be in the UK at all, if you are facing 2 years in clink.

Hiding your stuff and everything can't you get someone else to do it?

It is ridiculous if he carried a knife with intent he would probably be let off with a warning.

Soft on crime, but offend financially and the tories will re-open the debtors prison.


'Tory MP facing bankruptcy ‘over unpaid taxes’ given time to sell £3m house and pay debt'


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 04 May 22 12.44pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20


'Tory MP facing bankruptcy ‘over unpaid taxes’ given time to sell £3m house and pay debt'


Ummm. Didn't boris try to hide his money. If this mp did the same then in the slammer thou dost go. If it's just bad business then why not give them time to pay. That would be to all our benefit surely.

Edited by cryrst (04 May 2022 12.51pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 04 May 22 12.57pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Ummm. Didn't boris try to hide his money. If this mp did the same then in the slammer thou dost go. If it's just bad business then why not give them time to pay. That would be to all our benefit surely. It must be so tough being a perfect person. I'm surprised you haven't kissed the reflection off of your mirror.

The article I saw didn't explain how a well paid MP got himself into such debt which is a pity. However Cryst is correct if you are owed money by this MP it would be better to see if he can pay it off than for him to be declared bankrupt and you see nothing.

On the subject of bankruptcy some people on low incomes deliberately run up debt and then declare bankruptcy. As they live in rented accommodation and have no assets it has no impact on their lives.

Three people who are friends did this and what was their debt? Food bills? Housing costs? Utility bills?

No, luxury goods on tick, IPhone's, TV's, Game consoles etc one of the three has been made bankrupt 3 time and yet nobody seems to question the type of debt they incurred. And why luxury goods? Well they would buy a phone on tick sell it for cash and then knock the phone company.

For balance I worked for a good lady who lost her business when the franchise collapsed even through her store was making money. She lost her home and all her money it had a massive impact on her life. To dig herself out of a hole she applied for her old job at the bank our boss had to get the board to sign off on her because she was a bankrupt if it wasn't for his persistence it wouldn't have happened.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 04 May 22 1.27pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

The article I saw didn't explain how a well paid MP got himself into such debt which is a pity. However Cryst is correct if you are owed money by this MP it would be better to see if he can pay it off than for him to be declared bankrupt and you see nothing.

On the subject of bankruptcy some people on low incomes deliberately run up debt and then declare bankruptcy. As they live in rented accommodation and have no assets it has no impact on their lives.

Three people who are friends did this and what was their debt? Food bills? Housing costs? Utility bills?

No, luxury goods on tick, IPhone's, TV's, Game consoles etc one of the three has been made bankrupt 3 time and yet nobody seems to question the type of debt they incurred. And why luxury goods? Well they would buy a phone on tick sell it for cash and then knock the phone company.

For balance I worked for a good lady who lost her business when the franchise collapsed even through her store was making money. She lost her home and all her money it had a massive impact on her life. To dig herself out of a hole she applied for her old job at the bank our boss had to get the board to sign off on her because she was a bankrupt if it wasn't for his persistence it wouldn't have happened.

Do you live by a crack house/flat?

What was the franchise?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 04 May 22 1.28pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Beckenham has gone downhill fast.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 04 May 22 1.49pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Do you live by a crack house/flat?

What was the franchise?

No these are now former friends (Lewisham) they tried to keep it quiet but it leaked out they knew I wouldn't approve.

The franchise was a wedding shop, that is a warning to anyone considering buying one. If the Franchise / Holding company /HO goes bust so do you.

Edited by Badger11 (04 May 2022 1.50pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 04 May 22 2.18pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

No these are now former friends (Lewisham) they tried to keep it quiet but it leaked out they knew I wouldn't approve.

The franchise was a wedding shop, that is a warning to anyone considering buying one. If the Franchise / Holding company /HO goes bust so do you.

Edited by Badger11 (04 May 2022 1.50pm)

The amount of fraud that doesn’t get investigated. Deliveries using stolen/cloned credit card details

Wedding dress business goes bust. Should’ve invested in a brasserie instead.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > OH dear, Boris, what have you done