You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Airport queues
November 27 2022 6.35pm

Airport queues

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 22 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 01 Jun 22 3.44pm

Originally posted by Badger11

Indeed however the salary and working hours are not good.

Still we could import a few hundred thousand EU folk and pay them slave labour wages.

Oh I forgot no we can't, so maybe these scummy companies might want to pay a decent wage if they want staff.

Yeah. maybe , let"s hope so. I worked in two jobs at Gatwick- both useless money and unsociable shifts, although I heard on LBC yesterday that BA renegotiated all their long term staff new contracts, cutting them right down , a new cabin crew member on the new route out of Gatwick is starting on 14 k- so maybe not putting pay up!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jun 22 4.20pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yeah. maybe , let"s hope so. I worked in two jobs at Gatwick- both useless money and unsociable shifts, although I heard on LBC yesterday that BA renegotiated all their long term staff new contracts, cutting them right down , a new cabin crew member on the new route out of Gatwick is starting on 14 k- so maybe not putting pay up!

BA screwed their staff during covid. Used it to change their contracts. But this is the airport employed staff as well. They thought they were being clever. Maybe they were, but only then and not now. But there arenít many options to get to the med and further so people will need to keep booking flights.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 01 Jun 22 4.33pm

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

BA screwed their staff during covid. Used it to change their contracts. But this is the airport employed staff as well. They thought they were being clever. Maybe they were, but only then and not now. But there arenít many options to get to the med and further so people will need to keep booking flights.

Yeah, life seems to be getting a lot harder to do anything-and that"s not even the extra financial costs, the whole country seems to be falling apart, it will be interesting to see if we ever get back to that normality of a couple of years ago that we didn"t appreciate, I doubt it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 01 Jun 22 6.51pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

W12, is this some form of policy, a suggestion, or just something from a scaremongering site?

This is probably close to the truth because Greta and big Dave said we are killing the planet. I fear we may have to suck it up as fact is stranger than fiction.
Iíve posted itís all bollox to make money and still think that no matter what 100 year floods or storms I see. 100 years isnít long and sort of confirms itís cyclical but hey tax tax tax.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 01 Jun 22 7.07pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

BA screwed their staff during covid. Used it to change their contracts. But this is the airport employed staff as well. They thought they were being clever. Maybe they were, but only then and not now. But there arenít many options to get to the med and further so people will need to keep booking flights.

They did indeed, my neighbour worked for BA she was laid off by email, having not heard anything from the company for months during COVID. They asked her to go back, no chance.
Another was told if he wanted to keep a job he had to go to Heathrow on 10k less!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 01 Jun 22 10.31pm

Michael o Leary saying the problems started after brexit- they can"t hire europeans so have to train home grown - oh well, lets hope the people turfed off planes voted for it, they will understand and not be bitter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 01 Jun 22 10.35pm

Originally posted by croydon proud

Michael o Leary saying the problems started after brexit- they can"t hire europeans so have to train home grown - oh well, lets hope the people turfed off planes voted for it, they will understand and not be bitter.

Not just Michael O Leary, another hairman said the same thing today, head of Tuey or what ever its called, oh well, what do they know heh?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
W12 02 Jun 22 4.34am

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 02 Jun 22 5.54am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Not just Michael O Leary, another hairman said the same thing today, head of Tuey or what ever its called, oh well, what do they know heh?

Brexit had nothing to do with the laying off of staff rather than taking up the furlough offer, itís just another pathetic excuse by OíLeary. Donít forget he was one of the major driving forces in getting planes up and running after the pandemic, even though they did not have the staff.
These people were so arrogant they presumed people would be queueing up to take the jobs. Perhaps if they started paying a decent wage and giving decent t&cs it might be different.
Please explain how Brexit is to b,and for them overbooking flights? Blame Brexit for a lot of things, if you must but not this. They are just attempting to hide their incompetence and unfortunately some are taken in by it.

Edited by Spiderman (02 Jun 2022 5.55am)

Edited by Spiderman (02 Jun 2022 5.57am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 Jun 22 7.08am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

It's disgusting that the travel industry took billions in taxpayers money constantly complained about travel restrictions and now is complaining it's not their fault.

They chose to sack staff whilst trousering our money meant to retain those staff on furlough.

They were given plenty of notice by the government that travel restrictions were to end through the road map and yet the greedy so and so's overbooked holiday's they couldn't support.

My pensioner friend is off to Rhodes with TUI on Saturday, then again maybe she isn't. I suspect every text and email she gets between now and then feels her with dread.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 02 Jun 22 7.17am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

It's disgusting that the travel industry took billions in taxpayers money constantly complained about travel restrictions and now is complaining it's not their fault.

They chose to sack staff whilst trousering our money meant to retain those staff on furlough.

They were given plenty of notice by the government that travel restrictions were to end through the road map and yet the greedy so and so's overbooked holiday's they couldn't support.

My pensioner friend is off to Rhodes with TUI on Saturday, then again maybe she isn't. I suspect every text and email she gets between now and then feels her with dread.

Oh come on badger itís obs borises fault. No one else could possibly be to blame.
According to some on here anyway

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 02 Jun 22 10.05am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

looks like we are back to the 1970s. Drive to a local town for your annual holidays.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 22 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Airport queues