You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Everton V Crystal Palace match thread
July 3 2022 4.09am

Everton V Crystal Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 17 of 17 << First< 13 14 15 16 17

 

View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 16 Jun 22 8.53am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Mateta will never, ever score 15 goals in the premier league. He's simply not good enough. What we NEED to do is find a way to play Eduoard/Benteke into form and supply them with the service they need. These guys both have goals in them if we can unlock it. Or if we're not going to favour them, that should be a #1 priority. Otherwise there's too much pressure on young Plange shoulders.


Ironic that you should make this statement on a thread covering a game in which Mateta scored our opening goal and with a flying header at that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 16 Jun 22 9.52am Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

15 to 20 goals from the front line, not including Wilf who can pitch in with 10 plus (pens and all that). 10 from midfield and 10 from anybody.

Let's try and do 1.5 goals a game. 50 wasn't bad last season, considering what we should have got.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 16 Jun 22 10.03am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Mateta will never, ever score 15 goals in the premier league. He's simply not good enough. What we NEED to do is find a way to play Eduoard/Benteke into form and supply them with the service they need. These guys both have goals in them if we can unlock it. Or if we're not going to favour them, that should be a #1 priority. Otherwise there's too much pressure on young Plange shoulders.

Edouard is young and made a big step up from Scottish football. I think there's certainly more to come from him, but it's down to him to prove he can cut it.

As for Benteke, he still has something to offer but I wouldn't be looking to him to provide the number of goals you are talking about. His time has gone in that respect.

At the moment that leaves JPM. He's a divisive character and I still can't make my own mind up about him. If he continues to improve then I think he's capable of a double figure goal return over next season.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 16 Jun 22 11.30am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Edouard is young and made a big step up from Scottish football. I think there's certainly more to come from him, but it's down to him to prove he can cut it.

As for Benteke, he still has something to offer but I wouldn't be looking to him to provide the number of goals you are talking about. His time has gone in that respect.

At the moment that leaves JPM. He's a divisive character and I still can't make my own mind up about him. If he continues to improve then I think he's capable of a double figure goal return over next season.

I've made my mind up about Benkeke, give him a revolver and tell him to go into the woods and not come back, 6m saved, its a regular thing in Columbia.

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 16 Jun 22 12.33pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I've made my mind up about Benkeke, give him a revolver and tell him to go into the woods and not come back, 6m saved, its a regular thing in Columbia.

You seem confident that he would shoot - but would he hit the target ?!

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 16 Jun 22 12.48pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

You seem confident that he would shoot - but would he hit the target ?!

He also infers there will be some movement on Benteke's behalf 'into the woods' - not a guarantee at all.

Just jest of course I still love the ol' mucker!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 16 Jun 22 1.40pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I've made my mind up about Benkeke, give him a revolver and tell him to go into the woods and not come back, 6m saved, its a regular thing in Columbia.

That's a bit much. Off to Charlton will do.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 17 Jun 22 1.35pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Mateta will improve and could easily score 15 goals a season for us - without penalties!
His speed of thought was often too quick for those around him in my opinion but in any event I expect him to do very well next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 17 of 17 << First< 13 14 15 16 17

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Everton V Crystal Palace match thread