You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > No more fines for PM over Partygate
June 27 2022 1.22am

No more fines for PM over Partygate

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 18 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 26 May 22 7.00am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

I am a complete Right-Wing loon who wants a new Holy Roman Empire to arise and via a Catholic/Orxthdox alliance (and leaning more to the later of late) to create a Pan-European super-state stretching from the most western beaches of Portugal all the way to the Russian-Sino border, along with liberating Constantinople and launching full-on Crusades again to liberate Jerusalem and I care a huge amount about party-gate.

Johnson is an utter disgrace and has shamed the Prime Ministerial office in a way that beggars belief. Shame, shame and shame again on him for allowing this to go on whilst he was in the same building, let alone taking part. A hubris deserving only ignominy and disgrace.

And that needs shouting from the roof-tops.

Edited by Matov (25 May 2022 5.27pm)

In a nutshell this is the position despite many thinking itís trivial.

The whole world is currently laughing at us as Borisís approach to this latest scandal is rather indicative of his approach to most matters. Itís time for the Conservative party to show some backbone and oust him and any other senior officials that were involved.

It is something that really rankles the public and memories will be of elephant like proportions despite the passage of time come the next election. The conservatives need to understand this and act now.

They have currently lost my vote despite having voted Tory for the last 40 years and Iím guessing Iím not alone.

Edited by Eaglecoops (26 May 2022 7.02am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 26 May 22 8.00am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Some good points from Richard Littlejohn.

[Link]

I said at the time this broke and Sue Gray has said in her report, the real issue for me is the drinking culture in politics. They just don't get it this culture has largely died out in the work place years ago but they carry on with their subsidised bar and "work related cocktail parties".

It's not just the politicians most of the offenders were civil servants or special advisors.

Parliament is an odd place sexism and drinking abounds yet they pass laws and lecture the rest of us.

Time to drain the swamp.

Edited by Badger11 (26 May 2022 8.01am)

Edited by becky (26 May 2022 8.56am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 26 May 22 8.57am Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Some good points from Richard Littlejohn.

[Link]

I said at the time this broke and Sue Gray has said in her report, the real issue for me is the drinking culture in politics. They just don't get it this culture has largely died out in the work place years ago but they carry on with their subsidised bar and "work related cocktail parties".

It's not just the politicians most of the offenders were civil servants or special advisors.

Parliament is an odd place sexism and drinking abounds yet they pass laws and lecture the rest of us.

Time to drain the swamp.

Edited by Badger11 (26 May 2022 8.01am)

Hasn't Priti Patel been trying to do that with the Civil Service?

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 26 May 22 9.02am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

In a nutshell this is the position despite many thinking itís trivial.


Edited by Eaglecoops (26 May 2022 7.02am)

I agree. I'm as bored of hearing about it as the next person, but BJ's reaction to it ultimately does show a complete contempt for voters and they would do well to remember that the next time he asks something of them, or promises anything.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 26 May 22 9.50am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

The problem is that this attitude basically lets them not only get away with relentless corruption and crap behaviour, but also encourages it. They should earn a vote, not be gifted it. I don't rate the opposition one bit either, but Boris and co have their feet so firmly under the table that they're laughing at voters. It's win/win for BJ. If he stays he knows he can get away with absolutely anything going forward, and if he goes (which now seems unlikely) will be really give too sh!ts, as he's got it made anyway? A person should be proud to lead a nation and approach the position with honour. It's a shame that going back government after government, very few of our prime ministers tick those boxes. I can't say I was Thatchers number one fan, but at least she was about the job. She took it seriously. It meant something to her.


And there's the problem. again. There isn't anyone 'Earning a vote'.

In My book, The actual politics bit that BJ is doing - in an incredibly challenging environment amidst Brexit(yes I know he brought it on himself, but we still voted for it), Covid and WW3 - hasn't been that bad.

I still really couldn't give a t0ss about the partygate 'scandal' (not sure that it qualifies as a scandal), on either side of the left/right divide.

I haven't seen anything constructive from any opposition persuading me to change my vote, other than 'look at what <insert defamatory epithet> Boris has done now'. Even if there was, I don't think I'd hear it over all the bedwetting that's going on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 26 May 22 10.04am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

And there's the problem. again. There isn't anyone 'Earning a vote'.

In My book, The actual politics bit that BJ is doing - in an incredibly challenging environment amidst Brexit(yes I know he brought it on himself, but we still voted for it), Covid and WW3 - hasn't been that bad.

I still really couldn't give a t0ss about the partygate 'scandal' (not sure that it qualifies as a scandal), on either side of the left/right divide.

I haven't seen anything constructive from any opposition persuading me to change my vote, other than 'look at what <insert defamatory epithet> Boris has done now'. Even if there was, I don't think I'd hear it over all the bedwetting that's going on.


Exactly where are the grownups I don't see any in Parliament or the media. Whatever mileage Labour has got from partygate it only takes them so far.

If they and the other opposition parties want to be taken seriously by the voters they need to start acting like a government in waiting.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 26 May 22 10.56am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

'senior leadership', I guess she did not want to name the PM I can't see why.

It's still a bit of a whitewash when you consider what was happening in the country while this was going on.

It's appalling and embarrassing these people have no shame.

'We got away with it'.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 26 May 22 11.28am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

I sincerely hope the media will now put this whole, sordid business to bed. Of course they were wrong to show such blatant disregard for the world outside their bubble.

But, as I see it, the folk concerned, were all working together, under one roof, as a team, grappling with the issues generated by an unprecedented pandemic. They let off steam and had a few drinks. They should not have behaved the way they did, but the media storm that followed has been an outrageous waste of time and money.

Time to let it go Beth, Laura, Robert and Co.

PS I did like Boris' reference to 'Sir Beer Korma' yesterday though.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 26 May 22 11.37am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

In a nutshell this is the position despite many thinking itís trivial.

The whole world is currently laughing at us as Borisís approach to this latest scandal is rather indicative of his approach to most matters. Itís time for the Conservative party to show some backbone and oust him and any other senior officials that were involved.

It is something that really rankles the public and memories will be of elephant like proportions despite the passage of time come the next election. The conservatives need to understand this and act now.

They have currently lost my vote despite having voted Tory for the last 40 years and Iím guessing Iím not alone.

Edited by Eaglecoops (26 May 2022 7.02am)

That is your choice but there was a reason you voted Tory. Apathy or any other party could cost you a fair few quid and donít think the morality will be any better. What we are in now would be multi times worse under labour, green or democrat. Not for the feckless, workshy and baby machines but the likes of you , me and our kids.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 26 May 22 11.40am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

I am a complete Right-Wing loon who wants a new Holy Roman Empire to arise and via a Catholic/Orxthdox alliance (and leaning more to the later of late) to create a Pan-European super-state stretching from the most western beaches of Portugal all the way to the Russian-Sino border, along with liberating Constantinople and launching full-on Crusades again to liberate Jerusalem and I care a huge amount about party-gate.

Johnson is an utter disgrace and has shamed the Prime Ministerial office in a way that beggars belief. Shame, shame and shame again on him for allowing this to go on whilst he was in the same building, let alone taking part. A hubris deserving only ignominy and disgrace.

And that needs shouting from the roof-tops.

Edited by Matov (25 May 2022 5.27pm)

Respect to you Matov - you're one of the few right-wing people I have encountered who have maintained any semblance of principle in recent months.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 26 May 22 2.10pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

That is your choice but there was a reason you voted Tory. Apathy or any other party could cost you a fair few quid and donít think the morality will be any better. What we are in now would be multi times worse under labour, green or democrat. Not for the feckless, workshy and baby machines but the likes of you , me and our kids.

I said the tories have lost my vote, not that I would be giving it to labour or anyone else come to think of it. I am looking for a party I feel worthy of my vote but there are none at present. Iím retired mate, money safely invested and no kids, I couldnít really give a damn who governs provided they do what they do in the best interests of the country.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 26 May 22 3.11pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Respect to you Matov - you're one of the few right-wing people I have encountered who have maintained any semblance of principle in recent months.

The entire point of being on the Right is to have principles. And those who claim leadership roles need to be able to fulfil those. Johnson simply has not. His judgement on this issue has been beyond poor. Almost impossible to countenance in my eyes.

Although to be fair, I had a pretty low opinion of him even before this. The man is a reptile, with a complete lack of a moral compass.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 18 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > No more fines for PM over Partygate