You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > New Stand
July 5 2022 12.49am

New Stand

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last >>

 

View acepal's Profile acepal Flag Mars 19 Jun 22 7.05pm Send a Private Message to acepal Add acepal as a friend

Will be done by 2025 start of season

 


Stair Park Eagle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AERO's Profile AERO Flag 19 Jun 22 7.10pm Send a Private Message to AERO Add AERO as a friend

Source ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 19 Jun 22 8.08pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by acepal

Will be done by 2025 start of season

That means it will have to start this coming season

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dorking's Profile dorking Flag 19 Jun 22 8.14pm Send a Private Message to dorking Add dorking as a friend

Find it hard to believe work on this is going to start at a time when building materials are at their highest price ever, and labour shortages are beyond dire

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 19 Jun 22 9.11pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by dorking

Find it hard to believe work on this is going to start at a time when building materials are at their highest price ever, and labour shortages are beyond dire

Maybe the price was aready agreed.

I am having an extension built now which I signed up for 3 months ago. The price is still the same because the contract was signed back then, irrespective of supply issues or inflation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag Sussex, ex-Cronx. 19 Jun 22 9.23pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Maybe the price was aready agreed.

I am having an extension built now which I signed up for 3 months ago. The price is still the same because the contract was signed back then, irrespective of supply issues or inflation.

dont trust builders, Rollo.
tricky gits.
i stopped working for em years ago (couldnt afford it)

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 20 Jun 22 6.23am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Maybe the price was aready agreed.

I am having an extension built now which I signed up for 3 months ago. The price is still the same because the contract was signed back then, irrespective of supply issues or inflation.

If your builder is free after your extension, maybe he could start on the new stand! I deal with builders merchants, they aren't giving quotes for materials for any length of time, in fact steel is only 24 hours, as pricing is unstable due to Ukraine conflict.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eagle Black.'s Profile Eagle Black. Flag South Croydon 20 Jun 22 8.25am Send a Private Message to Eagle Black. Add Eagle Black. as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

That means it will have to start this coming season

Sure i heard a while back that work might start in November this year as once you get the green light you have to wait a year before work starts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 20 Jun 22 10.35am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

If your builder is free after your extension, maybe he could start on the new stand! I deal with builders merchants, they aren't giving quotes for materials for any length of time, in fact steel is only 24 hours, as pricing is unstable due to Ukraine conflict.

I understand, but when you sign a contract for a price then that's it.
I obviously don't know the situation with Selhurst Park but I assume that a big and high profile job like that would invite competition between builders which would affect the price.
Also, how long would you wait if you held out for an improvement in the current conditions? It might be a very long time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 20 Jun 22 10.38am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by kingdowieonthewall

dont trust builders, Rollo.
tricky gits.
i stopped working for em years ago (couldnt afford it)

I don't trust anyone.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pierre's Profile Pierre Flag Purley 20 Jun 22 10.52am Send a Private Message to Pierre Add Pierre as a friend

Originally posted by acepal

Will be done by 2025 start of season

I believe that planning permission has been granted By Croydon Council and the Mayor of London has rubber stamped this as well. CPFC still have to rehouse the residents in Wooderson Close (compensation and moving costs have been agreed with the Council, not sure about the residents themselves?)
However Sainsburys still remain the block in the chain, will they negotiate and sell the small piece of land we require to complete the new stand works?
If not compulsory purchase may come into play here and that could take years!
So not sure how you are confident on 2025 as a completion date unless you sit on the board of Sainsburys.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eternallymissed's Profile eternallymissed Flag East Grinstead 20 Jun 22 1.31pm Send a Private Message to eternallymissed Add eternallymissed as a friend

I'd be very surprised if they don't have a clause that states taht if material prices rise by a certain amount they can pass on the costs.

It's what we have, although in fact we don't sign on a set price for any work at the moment.

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I understand, but when you sign a contract for a price then that's it.
I obviously don't know the situation with Selhurst Park but I assume that a big and high profile job like that would invite competition between builders which would affect the price.
Also, how long would you wait if you held out for an improvement in the current conditions? It might be a very long time.

 


Forget Saw, forget Nemesis Inferno, forget Oblivion. No rollercoaster in the UK is as scary as the one Crystal Palace fans get to ride

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > New Stand