You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > John Textor
May 20 2024 7.27am

John Textor

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 25 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

 

View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 03 Mar 23 5.00pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

They can name the new stand "Steve's Last Stand", just before he sells up....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View theorist's Profile theorist 03 Mar 23 7.27pm Send a Private Message to theorist Add theorist as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

They can name the new stand "Steve's Last Stand", just before he sells up....

Rarely mentioned, since the 2017/8 timeframe, is the fact that we still do own the naming rights for Selhurst Park, and in my opinion, it is Steve who has been the singular entity responsible for their protection and incubation.

Five Years:
A London Address (the importance of this cannot be underestimated). Established PL club. A new stand and across the board refurbishment of Selhurst, and suddenly those naming rights are immensely valuable. Steve's Last Stand?


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 04 Mar 23 9.03pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

I suspect this summer is going to be one of change, whatever league we're in next season, for a variety of reasons. Put briefly:

Last year, Vieira really re-invented the club. New, attractive playing style; Cup Semi-Final. Comfortable, mid-table finish. We ended the year absolutely set to push on.

And then...the board/investors totally dropped the ball. Having been taken to the cusp of real progress, they effectively said "no thanks. Not if we have to spend any money" when the summer window came. They had the chance of a lifetime to push us ahead and they rejected it.

Had we built on last season over the summer, replaced Conor properly, and brought in three of four (rather than just one) quality players, Wilf would likely have re-upped having seen we actually had some ambition, and we'd probably be in the top ten, etc. by now.

Instead, the opportunity's gone; we're struggling, and if you were at Villa today you'll know it's starting to feel like it's all coming apart at the seams. Today was just awful. Even the support was sub-standard. You can pick holes in Vieira's management and that's fair enough but it's our owners who really need to be held accountable for this mess. You cannot own a business, fail to back it and take no interest in it yet expect it to succeed. That's a recipe, sooner or later, for disaster. And that's where we are.

I don't think the present status quo can last and I suspect over the summer something's going to have to give. Because if we do manage to avoid relegation, it'll be obvious to even Harris and Blitzer that their own actions are jeopardizing their investment at this point. Which means they'll have to either s*** or get off the pot.

What happens next I have no idea but something will change because it's becoming clear there's no other alternative. Only a fool would repeat the same behaviour this coming summer and expect a different outcome. Whatever else they are, Harris, Bltizer, Parish, and Textor aren't fools.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 05 Mar 23 2.28am Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

I suspect this summer is going to be one of change, whatever league we're in next season, for a variety of reasons. Put briefly:

Last year, Vieira really re-invented the club. New, attractive playing style; Cup Semi-Final. Comfortable, mid-table finish. We ended the year absolutely set to push on.

And then...the board/investors totally dropped the ball. Having been taken to the cusp of real progress, they effectively said "no thanks. Not if we have to spend any money" when the summer window came. They had the chance of a lifetime to push us ahead and they rejected it.

Had we built on last season over the summer, replaced Conor properly, and brought in three of four (rather than just one) quality players, Wilf would likely have re-upped having seen we actually had some ambition, and we'd probably be in the top ten, etc. by now.

Instead, the opportunity's gone; we're struggling, and if you were at Villa today you'll know it's starting to feel like it's all coming apart at the seams. Today was just awful. Even the support was sub-standard. You can pick holes in Vieira's management and that's fair enough but it's our owners who really need to be held accountable for this mess. You cannot own a business, fail to back it and take no interest in it yet expect it to succeed. That's a recipe, sooner or later, for disaster. And that's where we are.

I don't think the present status quo can last and I suspect over the summer something's going to have to give. Because if we do manage to avoid relegation, it'll be obvious to even Harris and Blitzer that their own actions are jeopardizing their investment at this point. Which means they'll have to either s*** or get off the pot.

What happens next I have no idea but something will change because it's becoming clear there's no other alternative. Only a fool would repeat the same behaviour this coming summer and expect a different outcome. Whatever else they are, Harris, Bltizer, Parish, and Textor aren't fools.

That's true. I think of them more as "blood suckers" or "liars" or "rats" than fools.

 


2017 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Middlesboro
2018 Jan. (Sako) Palace 1 - 0 Burnley
2019 May (Batshuayi, Batshuayi, OG, Van Aanholt, Townsend) Palace 5 - 3 Bournemouth
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 05 Mar 23 2.29am Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Originally posted by Wilbraham413

That's true. I think of them more as "blood suckers" or "liars" or "rats" than fools.

I meant Harris, Blitzer, and Textor. Not Parish. Parish is the only one who cares about the club.

 


2017 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Middlesboro
2018 Jan. (Sako) Palace 1 - 0 Burnley
2019 May (Batshuayi, Batshuayi, OG, Van Aanholt, Townsend) Palace 5 - 3 Bournemouth
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 05 Mar 23 7.30am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle


I don't think the present status quo can last and I suspect over the summer something's going to have to give. Because if we do manage to avoid relegation, it'll be obvious to even Harris and Blitzer that their own actions are jeopardizing their investment at this point. Which means they'll have to either s*** or get off the pot.

A little birdie whispered in my ear that the impasse is caused by Parish who now holds just 10% of the shares yet insists on 25% of the voting rights which the Americans are unhappy about.

The club needs significant spending on players but Parish is unwilling / unable to fund his share of the required investment and the Americans aren't willing to fund all of the purchases until Parish stops treating the club as his personal fiefdom.

You are correct that something needs to be done or in hand before the end of the season otherwise we will be feeding on scraps again

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 05 Mar 23 8.50am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

I suspect this summer is going to be one of change, whatever league we're in next season, for a variety of reasons. Put briefly:

Last year, Vieira really re-invented the club. New, attractive playing style; Cup Semi-Final. Comfortable, mid-table finish. We ended the year absolutely set to push on.

And then...the board/investors totally dropped the ball. Having been taken to the cusp of real progress, they effectively said "no thanks. Not if we have to spend any money" when the summer window came. They had the chance of a lifetime to push us ahead and they rejected it.

Had we built on last season over the summer, replaced Conor properly, and brought in three of four (rather than just one) quality players, Wilf would likely have re-upped having seen we actually had some ambition, and we'd probably be in the top ten, etc. by now.

Instead, the opportunity's gone; we're struggling, and if you were at Villa today you'll know it's starting to feel like it's all coming apart at the seams. Today was just awful. Even the support was sub-standard. You can pick holes in Vieira's management and that's fair enough but it's our owners who really need to be held accountable for this mess. You cannot own a business, fail to back it and take no interest in it yet expect it to succeed. That's a recipe, sooner or later, for disaster. And that's where we are.

I don't think the present status quo can last and I suspect over the summer something's going to have to give. Because if we do manage to avoid relegation, it'll be obvious to even Harris and Blitzer that their own actions are jeopardizing their investment at this point. Which means they'll have to either s*** or get off the pot.

What happens next I have no idea but something will change because it's becoming clear there's no other alternative. Only a fool would repeat the same behaviour this coming summer and expect a different outcome. Whatever else they are, Harris, Bltizer, Parish, and Textor aren't fools.

Good post

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 05 Mar 23 11.38am Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

I suspect this summer is going to be one of change, whatever league we're in next season, for a variety of reasons. Put briefly:

Last year, Vieira really re-invented the club. New, attractive playing style; Cup Semi-Final. Comfortable, mid-table finish. We ended the year absolutely set to push on.

And then...the board/investors totally dropped the ball. Having been taken to the cusp of real progress, they effectively said "no thanks. Not if we have to spend any money" when the summer window came. They had the chance of a lifetime to push us ahead and they rejected it.

Had we built on last season over the summer, replaced Conor properly, and brought in three of four (rather than just one) quality players, Wilf would likely have re-upped having seen we actually had some ambition, and we'd probably be in the top ten, etc. by now.

Instead, the opportunity's gone; we're struggling, and if you were at Villa today you'll know it's starting to feel like it's all coming apart at the seams. Today was just awful. Even the support was sub-standard. You can pick holes in Vieira's management and that's fair enough but it's our owners who really need to be held accountable for this mess. You cannot own a business, fail to back it and take no interest in it yet expect it to succeed. That's a recipe, sooner or later, for disaster. And that's where we are.

I don't think the present status quo can last and I suspect over the summer something's going to have to give. Because if we do manage to avoid relegation, it'll be obvious to even Harris and Blitzer that their own actions are jeopardizing their investment at this point. Which means they'll have to either s*** or get off the pot.

What happens next I have no idea but something will change because it's becoming clear there's no other alternative. Only a fool would repeat the same behaviour this coming summer and expect a different outcome. Whatever else they are, Harris, Bltizer, Parish, and Textor aren't fools.

This is a really good summary IMO particularly the bit about the board only half financing the transition.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View theorist's Profile theorist 06 Mar 23 5.10pm Send a Private Message to theorist Add theorist as a friend

No longer a twit.

Background translatable:
[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 06 Mar 23 5.45pm Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by theorist

No longer a twit.

Background translatable:
[Link]

Canít open that what does it say

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 06 Mar 23 6.03pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Davepalace707

Canít open that what does it say

My reading of it was that Textor has removed himself from Twitter due to abuse from Botafogo fans, who he has pissed off. There have been rumblings from Botafogo about Textor all season.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PJEagle's Profile PJEagle Flag London 06 Mar 23 6.49pm Send a Private Message to PJEagle Add PJEagle as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

My reading of it was that Textor has removed himself from Twitter due to abuse from Botafogo fans, who he has pissed off. There have been rumblings of football finance from Botafogo about Textor all season.

A very good post Syd as usual. One factor I think was that Textor was buying majority shares in two European clubs, Molenbeek and Olympique (thanks Wiki) so put Palace on hold, with very detrimental consequences. So Palace is reduced to holding on to the end of the season, when hopefully he will tur his attention to Palace again. The world of football finance is a nest of international billions and compl city, in which Palace are losing out big time atm

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 25 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > John Textor