You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.
September 27 2022 10.14pm

Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

 

View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 28 Jun 22 6.52pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

I see our favourite Krankie is shooting her mouth off again.

I smell a rat. She knows it will get knocked back by our legal system (referendums require an act of Parliament) but can then proclaim that they are stymied by it. Already voicing off that if it is given the thumbs down then the SNP will only campaign on Independence come the next election.

Because let's be honest, what else can they campaign on? The increase in drug deaths under their malign rule?

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 28 Jun 22 7.06pm Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

What she is actually talking about is a "consultative referendum" which she hopes the Supreme Court will authorise given the refusal of the UK government to approve a formal vote.

In my view, many people living in Scotland will simply ignore any consultative vote; however, it will no doubt further her narrative of an unreasonable UK government going against the "will of the Scottish people" as Blackford so often refers to it!

Net net, it is just the constant drip feed of resentment that the SNP are so good at; as you say if they got a grip of the drug situation in Scotland and so many other social/economic issues everyone would be better off rather than campaigning endlessly for something that the majority of Scottish people don't even want want according to most polls.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 28 Jun 22 7.17pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

The break-up of the union is logical and inevitable, especially after brexit when they all voted to remain.

But it won't happen with Nicola Sturgeon.

She should resign she is only delivering Scotland to the tories.

There are only a handful of tory MPs left in Scotland, and they have all rebelled against Johnson.

The tory supreme court is hardly likely to rule in her favour.

These countries do not need Westminster at all, in fact England would be better off without it as well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 28 Jun 22 7.23pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

The break-up of the union is logical and inevitable, especially after brexit when they all voted to remain.

But it won't happen with Nicola Sturgeon.

She should resign she is only delivering Scotland to the tories.

There are only a handful of tory MPs left in Scotland, and they have all rebelled against Johnson.

The tory supreme court is hardly likely to rule in her favour.

These countries do not need Westminster at all, in fact England would be better off without it as well.

The best way for the SNP to get the independence it craves? Put up candidates in England for election. There must be enough people fed up with their constant moaning that would encourage the rest of us to be rid of them by voting them in!! Lol!

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Jun 22 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

The best way for the SNP to get the independence it craves? Put up candidates in England for election. There must be enough people fed up with their constant moaning that would encourage the rest of us to be rid of them by voting them in!! Lol!

Now that's a party I would vote for.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 29 Jun 22 6.47am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Her politics on a referendum seems to be based on "If you roll the dice enough times, eventually you'll get a double-six".
She should concentrate on reducing alcohol/drugs deaths and getting people off benefits i.e. Home Politics.

It's as though she is forever blaming any of Scotland's fck-ups on being part of The Union. And i doubt the EU want another net-taker drinking from the pot.

Take away the military bases and there would be a massive decline in some areas. Not much mention of getting rid of the military, now that Ukraine is kicking-off ?

With every call for another referendum, she becomes further marginalised from the electorate. Go on biatch. Prove me wrong

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 29 Jun 22 7.58am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

It's quite a canny move on her part to take it to the Supreme Court. When they reject it she can then tell the Scots that they get no justice from UK law or Parliament.

One thing I do agree on is at the next GE the SNP should only have one item in their manifesto a vote for them is a vote for independence, If they get a 50% majority then they should get their referendum.

All that said the SNP has made a shocking mess of Scotland since they have been in charge. She says they are hindered by the UK but in what way? They have control over most things except foreign policy and defence. The things that really matter to most people, housing, health and education they have made worse.

I wonder if the worse thing that could happen to the SNP is to win, then what? Free from the "blame the English for everything" mantra their appalling domestic record would be under scrutiny.

The other thing is that there is only one flavour of independence available, theirs. I know plenty of Scots who want to be independent but don't like what they are offering.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 29 Jun 22 8.37am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

It's quite a canny move on her part to take it to the Supreme Court. When they reject it she can then tell the Scots that they get no justice from UK law or Parliament.

One thing I do agree on is at the next GE the SNP should only have one item in their manifesto a vote for them is a vote for independence, If they get a 50% majority then they should get their referendum.

All that said the SNP has made a shocking mess of Scotland since they have been in charge. She says they are hindered by the UK but in what way? They have control over most things except foreign policy and defence. The things that really matter to most people, housing, health and education they have made worse.

I wonder if the worse thing that could happen to the SNP is to win, then what? Free from the "blame the English for everything" mantra their appalling domestic record would be under scrutiny.

The other thing is that there is only one flavour of independence available, theirs. I know plenty of Scots who want to be independent but don't like what they are offering.

Ah! It'll be Brexit all over again then, with perennial arguments about which independence people did or didn't vote for.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 29 Jun 22 10.00am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Ah! It'll be Brexit all over again then, with perennial arguments about which independence people did or didn't vote for.


If Scotland does vote to leave then I suspect it will potentially be far worse than that. That sectarian stuff will really come into play up there in a BIG way. Will be bloody nasty.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 29 Jun 22 10.02am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Ah! It'll be Brexit all over again then, with perennial arguments about which independence people did or didn't vote for.


If Scotland does vote to leave then I suspect it will potentially be far worse than that. That sectarian stuff will really come into play up there in a BIG way. Will be bloody nasty.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 29 Jun 22 12.15pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

As any Irish person knows, just have a referendum until you get the correct result. I think we had two on Nice and two on Maastricht. My memory could be wrong. Could be three on one of them. They barely even waited. It wasn't hidden - a "No" vote was unacceptable and delusional, no votes were no longer required. I was struck off of the register without being informed, as were many others.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 29 Jun 22 2.42pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

To be fair ,the SNP is only existing because of the independence issue- so thats her job to push for it, again and again. And after all, they only want FREEDOM-something we all know about only to well!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.