You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.
August 9 2022 5.41pm

Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 29 Jun 22 7.30pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Therein lies the problem. Scotland could vote out in a protest vote over the current situation, rather than any long term reality for their own country.
The kind of independence the SNP want would probably take 50-100 years before establishing much - depends on how much they get subsidised by UK and EU.
Major issues: North Sea Oil, Military and defence - particularly RAF and Navy, the EU and immigration, exports, imports. Not quite as straight forward as colouring book geographers in the SNP would like. And there will certainly be boundary issues too. I'm guessing they want Berwick back - they all want their kilts and eat it.

They do have wind-and not just Teddys defending bungles kind!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 29 Jun 22 8.02pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

They do have wind-and not just Teddys defending bungles kind!

Got a load today after yesterday's session on chocolate and marshmallow porter. If there was a turbine around it'd be a blur.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 29 Jun 22 8.03pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Got a load today after yesterday's session on chocolate and marshmallow porter. If there was a turbine around it'd be a blur.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 29 Jun 22 8.15pm Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

For me as a son of a Scots Dad and London mum, born in Sydenham but raised in Scotland I never wanted independence. However, the country changed after Thatcher. She made socialism a dirty word. She once said thereís no such thing as society only the individual. I thought I might never see a Labour government again. I even accepted the New Labour BS to get rid of the tories only to be disappointed by what Blair had to offer.

But all of that pales into insignificance compared with what we now have. Brexit made me sad not because we were leaving the EU but because we were leaving over issues like immigration. Farage came to a Scotland and we sent him packing. How any country could allow itself then to be run by a clown like Boris and a bunch of privileged Etonians is beyond me. I fear for the future of this great country.

Brexit was an emotional vote. No right thinking person could believe weíd be better off financially in their lifetime by leaving the EU but that didnít stop people voting for it. The independence referendum will be the same this time. I donít expect to be better off financially but if we gain independence I will be living in a country where the majority share my values rather than in one I no longer recognise. I will vote for independence knowing we will suffer financially and Iíll vote Labour at our first Scottish general election.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 29 Jun 22 8.18pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Palacesince64

For me as a son of a Scots Dad and London mum, born in Sydenham but raised in Scotland I never wanted independence. However, the country changed after Thatcher. She made socialism a dirty word. She once said thereís no such thing as society only the individual. I thought I might never see a Labour government again. I even accepted the New Labour BS to get rid of the tories only to be disappointed by what Blair had to offer.

But all of that pales into insignificance compared with what we now have. Brexit made me sad not because we were leaving the EU but because we were leaving over issues like immigration. Farage came to a Scotland and we sent him packing. How any country could allow itself then to be run by a clown like Boris and a bunch of privileged Etonians is beyond me. I fear for the future of this great country.

Brexit was an emotional vote. No right thinking person could believe weíd be better off financially in their lifetime by leaving the EU but that didnít stop people voting for it. The independence referendum will be the same this time. I donít expect to be better off financially but if we gain independence I will be living in a country where the majority share my values rather than in one I no longer recognise. I will vote for independence knowing we will suffer financially and Iíll vote Labour at our first Scottish general election.

Great post- I hope you follow the Hibs to mate!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 29 Jun 22 8.41pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Palacesince64

For me as a son of a Scots Dad and London mum, born in Sydenham but raised in Scotland I never wanted independence. However, the country changed after Thatcher. She made socialism a dirty word. She once said thereís no such thing as society only the individual. I thought I might never see a Labour government again. I even accepted the New Labour BS to get rid of the tories only to be disappointed by what Blair had to offer.

But all of that pales into insignificance compared with what we now have. Brexit made me sad not because we were leaving the EU but because we were leaving over issues like immigration. Farage came to a Scotland and we sent him packing. How any country could allow itself then to be run by a clown like Boris and a bunch of privileged Etonians is beyond me. I fear for the future of this great country.

Brexit was an emotional vote. No right thinking person could believe weíd be better off financially in their lifetime by leaving the EU but that didnít stop people voting for it. The independence referendum will be the same this time. I donít expect to be better off financially but if we gain independence I will be living in a country where the majority share my values rather than in one I no longer recognise. I will vote for independence knowing we will suffer financially and Iíll vote Labour at our first Scottish general election.

Thanks for your post.

Economies recover, adapt, I don't think it is a given that Scotland will be worse off in the long term, you should prosper.

People have to realise there are consequences for brexit and disregarding the Scottish voters.

To be honest I can't think of a single reason for anyone to be attached to us.

I had better not say that too loud or Patel will send the police to arrest me.

That's just how bonkers Johnson and co. are.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 29 Jun 22 8.51pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Matov


If Scotland does vote to leave then I suspect it will potentially be far worse than that. That sectarian stuff will really come into play up there in a BIG way. Will be bloody nasty.

and Ulster is also vulnerable to blowing up. Its a demographic tinder box. Constant political deadlock.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 29 Jun 22 9.51pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Thanks for your post.

Economies recover, adapt, I don't think it is a given that Scotland will be worse off in the long term, you should prosper.

People have to realise there are consequences for brexit and disregarding the Scottish voters.

To be honest I can't think of a single reason for anyone to be attached to us.

I had better not say that too loud or Patel will send the police to arrest me.

That's just how bonkers Johnson and co. are.

Haven't they still got to decide on a Scottish currency and set up a central bank for that?

I believe they were very firmly told they couldn't use the curent one.

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 29 Jun 22 9.52pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Thanks for your post.

Economies recover, adapt, I don't think it is a given that Scotland will be worse off in the long term, you should prosper.

People have to realise there are consequences for brexit and disregarding the Scottish voters.

To be honest I can't think of a single reason for anyone to be attached to us.

I had better not say that too loud or Patel will send the police to arrest me.

That's just how bonkers Johnson and co. are.

If you hand yourself in Steeleye we promise to go easy on you!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 29 Jun 22 10.57pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

I see our favourite Krankie is shooting her mouth off again.

I smell a rat. She knows it will get knocked back by our legal system (referendums require an act of Parliament) but can then proclaim that they are stymied by it. Already voicing off that if it is given the thumbs down then the SNP will only campaign on Independence come the next election.

Because let's be honest, what else can they campaign on? The increase in drug deaths under their malign rule?

Jeez please don't mention the 'R' word you'll have some of those loons in the SW of England spewing in their organic cerial

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 29 Jun 22 11.02pm Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

[ [/quote=croydon proud;3728868]
Great post- I hope you follow the Hibs to mate!

Thanks. As it happens Iíve been known to spend the odd couple of hours at Easter road!


Edited by Palacesince64 (29 Jun 2022 11.06pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 30 Jun 22 9.12am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by becky

Haven't they still got to decide on a Scottish currency and set up a central bank for that?

I believe they were very firmly told they couldn't use the curent one.

Scotland could continue using the pound but would still be subject to the same interest rate changes which rather weakens the case.

Independence isn't as appealing as she claims.

[Link]


The situation may change when the Queen is no longer with us.

The SNP do well in the absence of any opposition; both Labour and the Tories are so weak. The Tories did surprisingly well under Ruth Davidson but since she's gone a lot of people would have to think to be able to name the leader of either party.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.