You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.
August 14 2022 10.44pm

Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 4 << First< 1 2 3 4

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 30 Jun 22 10.33am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Scotland could continue using the pound but would still be subject to the same interest rate changes which rather weakens the case.

Independence isn't as appealing as she claims.

[Link]


The situation may change when the Queen is no longer with us.

The SNP do well in the absence of any opposition; both Labour and the Tories are so weak. The Tories did surprisingly well under Ruth Davidson but since she's gone a lot of people would have to think to be able to name the leader of either party.

This is what the SNP wants. The BOE would effectively run the Scottish economy if it is boom all hail the SNP if bust blame the English. There would have to be an agreed transition but I think Westminster is correct to say no to the SNP over the pound.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 30 Jun 22 12.58pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

This is what the SNP wants. The BOE would effectively run the Scottish economy if it is boom all hail the SNP if bust blame the English. There would have to be an agreed transition but I think Westminster is correct to say no to the SNP over the pound.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct this but I don't think there is any way of stopping Scotland using the pound (or the dollar).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 30 Jun 22 1.43pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct this but I don't think there is any way of stopping Scotland using the pound (or the dollar).


They can but given their EU ambitions, they have to establish a central bank because they will need to adopt the Euro.

And I suspect that using the pound without the approval of the RUK government would struggle big time to both attract inward investment (which would have to be in sterling) and raise money to fund their varied schemes. I would guess such a move would see almost all major banks pulling out of Scotland outside of some elements of retail banking. And I think, and happy to corrected on this, there could be some issues concerning people's registered addresses which could mean they struggle to open, and even possibly maintain sterling current accounts.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 30 Jun 22 10.48pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

Russia got away with it after the revolution.

McBender.

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 30 Jun 22 11.18pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Palacesince64

[ [/quote=croydon proud;3728868]
Great post- I hope you follow the Hibs to mate!

Thanks. As it happens Iíve been known to spend the odd couple of hours at Easter road!


Edited by Palacesince64 (29 Jun 2022 11.06pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View lefty27's Profile lefty27 Flag ipswich 01 Jul 22 7.44am Send a Private Message to lefty27 Add lefty27 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Scotland could continue using the pound but would still be subject to the same interest rate changes which rather weakens the case.

Independence isn't as appealing as she claims.

[Link]


The situation may change when the Queen is no longer with us.

The SNP do well in the absence of any opposition; both Labour and the Tories are so weak. The Tories did surprisingly well under Ruth Davidson but since she's gone a lot of people would have to think to be able to name the leader of either party.

Regards the royals it will be interesting to see what would happen if Scotland became independent. The crown owns a lot of land worth a lot of money and if she or he is no longer head of state? I wouldnít be surprised to see some kind of reclamation, itís not as if the royals bought the land?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 01 Jul 22 7.59am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Scottish independence has all the allure of a deep-fried Mars bar, after 10 pints of McEwans and a couple of drams of McTavish's finest Malt paint stripper. It's a Scot's persons wet dream.

A fine idea in dreamland, but when it actually happens, it could well be the start of all your worst nightmares.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 01 Jul 22 10.42am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by lefty27

Regards the royals it will be interesting to see what would happen if Scotland became independent. The crown owns a lot of land worth a lot of money and if she or he is no longer head of state? I wouldnít be surprised to see some kind of reclamation, itís not as if the royals bought the land?

Which will not end well in the slightest. Are you aware of the sectarian divides up there?

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 Jul 22 11.01am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Scottish independence has all the allure of a deep-fried Mars bar, after 10 pints of McEwans and a couple of drams of McTavish's finest Malt paint stripper. It's a Scot's persons wet dream.

A fine idea in dreamland, but when it actually happens, it could well be the start of all your worst nightmares.

If this is what the Scots want then fine I just hope that they ask the SNP the hard questions before they vote because they way the SNP has governed Scotland so far is not a good example of competence.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 01 Jul 22 11.34am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

SNP has all the hallmarks of a truly great party. Whisky Galore, tablet and Irn Bru for the non-drinkers. All together in a 'work-related gathering' discussing the finer detail of Scotland's chances winning the World Cup and other important issues of the working group. Is shinty a real game ? Aren't air-dryers for big girls' blouses when everything should be deep-fried in lard ?

Then wee Jimmy Krankie comes a-calling. She's strutting her stuff in a low-cut blouse and she's after your vote. Life could be soo very good under her. Scotland winning the World Cup, whisky ABV increased to 90% and Goodbye to Her Majesty and all her military.

And the pain in your head is intense. You open your crusty eyelids slowly to the bright daylight. You are lying asleep on the pavement surrounded by crushed empty McEwens cans and your own vomit, and there no sign of Wee Jimmy Krankie. You reach into your pocket,..and your wallet is gone. The biatch has lied to you and stolen your money and left you on the scrapheap. And you never even got a blowie.

Politicians Huh ? they lie don't they ?

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 01 Jul 22 12.12pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Great post- I hope you follow the Hibs to mate!

I suppose some women like to be shagged by a man wearing a shiny football shirt.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 4 << First< 1 2 3 4

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Indy Ref October 2023.