You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Morgan Gibbs-White (Papertalk)
August 9 2022 5.44pm

Morgan Gibbs-White (Papertalk)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 06 Jul 22 8.36am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

I know he's young, but what I don't understand is if he is that good why would Wolves sell him? They have some good players, but they're not Chelsea or Man City. He had a whole season in the Championship and seemingly did well, but if that was not enough to convince Wolves to keep him then that just strikes me as odd.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 06 Jul 22 9.18am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I know he's young, but what I don't understand is if he is that good why would Wolves sell him? They have some good players, but they're not Chelsea or Man City. He had a whole season in the Championship and seemingly did well, but if that was not enough to convince Wolves to keep him then that just strikes me as odd.


I've been thinking the same and if the 20m price tag is right then we can spend the money better elsewhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 Jul 22 9.31am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

It's a no from me.

I've not seen anything of MGW that would enthrall me if we landed him on a free let alone double digit millions that could be spent elsewhere.

Very much reminds me of a bloke who was probably that size, that strength, speed etc at 14 so rose through the youth ranks but has nothing to offer as a footballer. Bit harsh but just my opinion.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 06 Jul 22 9.59am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Just to clarify, I haven't seen anything of him beyond his YouTube clips and a couple of non-descript appearances for Wolves. Sheffield Utd fans seemed impressed, but there is still a gulf between the Championship and The PL. One online report has just appeared saying we're now favourites. [Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 06 Jul 22 10.59am Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I know he's young, but what I don't understand is if he is that good why would Wolves sell him? They have some good players, but they're not Chelsea or Man City. He had a whole season in the Championship and seemingly did well, but if that was not enough to convince Wolves to keep him then that just strikes me as odd.

Apparently he has 2 yrs left on his current contract and has been offered a new one by Wolves.
Perhaps he's made it clear he wants to leave and so Wolves reluctantly selling.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pierre's Profile Pierre Flag Purley 06 Jul 22 11.02am Send a Private Message to Pierre Add Pierre as a friend

MGW is an attacking midfielder. Not competing with Decoure.
So hopefully a replacement for the likes of Luka.
Looks a good young talent. It's a yes from me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 11 Jul 22 5.11pm Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


I've been thinking the same and if the 20m price tag is right then we can spend the money better elsewhere.

Everton have had 25m rejected

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 11 Jul 22 5.28pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Can't see us forking out for this.

I would have retained Kouyate to back up Doucore and Andersen, Guehi.

Looks like a bit of an expensive duplicate.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 11 Jul 22 5.43pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Qwijibo

Everton have had 25m rejected

If that's the case then I hope we swerve him. I'd be disappointed if we paid over 25m for him.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View m/k mick's Profile m/k mick Flag milton keynes 11 Jul 22 5.47pm Send a Private Message to m/k mick Add m/k mick as a friend

Not worth it, so far impressed with our buying over the last year, every confidence with dougie, still think Hughes has a lot more to offer, also Wells Morrison looks a prospect

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 11 Jul 22 8.16pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

We had an interest in Downes (apparently snatched from under our noses) and now we're apparently keeping a watching brief on Gibbs White without rushing into making an offer. Meanwhile, we've signed our primary target (Doucoure) to replace Kouyate.

I think we'd all agree that the next incoming needs to be/is likely to be an attacking midfielder but I wonder if our patience on this front is (conspiracy theory incoming) related to the fact that at least for now, Gallagher is still in play and until he's ruled out, we're keeping our powder dry.

My guess is that Connor may not be at the forefront of Tuchel's plans quite so much as some think, and now the ownership situation at Chelsea is settled I suspect Tuchel may be going in the usual big-name transfer direction rather than young, English players. I'd guess the next ten days with both Chelsea and us on our pre-season tours should clarify the picture regarding Chelsea's plan for Connor next year.

If indeed, Chelsea decided to loan out or sell Gallagher after the next couple of weeks (I don't know if it's likely but it seems at least possible), I suspect we'll be first in line. And I suspect we are probably somewhere along the line still in communication with Chelsea around that possibility. So I'd guess we have at least some reason to believe that Connor may still be in play which is why we're moving slowly on the attacking midfielder front, at least for now.

My guess, anyway, is that we won't move for Gibbs White or any other attacking midfielder until Connor's return is completely ruled out.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag Sussex, ex-Cronx. 11 Jul 22 8.22pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

We had an interest in Downes (apparently snatched from under our noses) and now we're apparently keeping a watching brief on Gibbs White without rushing into making an offer. Meanwhile, we've signed our primary target (Doucoure) to replace Kouyate.

I think we'd all agree that the next incoming needs to be/is likely to be an attacking midfielder but I wonder if our patience on this front is (conspiracy theory incoming) related to the fact that at least for now, Gallagher is still in play and until he's ruled out, we're keeping our powder dry.

My guess is that Connor may not be at the forefront of Tuchel's plans quite so much as some think, and now the ownership situation at Chelsea is settled I suspect Tuchel may be going in the usual big-name transfer direction rather than young, English players. I'd guess the next ten days with both Chelsea and us on our pre-season tours should clarify the picture regarding Chelsea's plan for Connor next year.

If indeed, Chelsea decided to loan out or sell Gallagher after the next couple of weeks (I don't know if it's likely but it seems at least possible), I suspect we'll be first in line. And I suspect we are probably somewhere along the line still in communication with Chelsea around that possibility. So I'd guess we have at least some reason to believe that Connor may still be in play which is why we're moving slowly on the attacking midfielder front, at least for now.

My guess, anyway, is that we won't move for Gibbs White or any other attacking midfielder until Connor's return is completely ruled out.

makes sense & agree.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Morgan Gibbs-White (Papertalk)