You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Water
October 4 2022 4.43pm

Water

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 5 << First< 1 2 3 4 5

 

View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 20 Aug 22 9.46am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Water companies 'sold off reservoirs that could have eased drought'.

Dozens of reservoirs across the country have been given up by water companies, while no new ones have been built in the last 30 years.

Thames Water, Severn Trent and Southern Water are among those to have sold off some of their reservoirs in recent years.

Water is the worst privatisation of all.

Thames Water has been trying to gain approval to build a reservoir near Abingdon, Oxfordshire for about 25 years. The reservoir would ensure the security of water supplies for the foreseeable future. Their plans, however, have been thwarted at every stage by nimbyism, and now rent-a-quote Lib-Dem MP Layla Moran has jumped on the 'anti' bandwagon. In turn, Oxfordshire County Council, now under Lib-Dem control, has called for the project to be scrapped.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 20 Aug 22 11.03am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

I am reading that all beaches from Brighton to Hastings are now polluted by raw sewage.

Privatisation has led to this.

A failed model, it must go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 20 Aug 22 11.43am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

I am reading that all beaches from Brighton to Hastings are now polluted by raw sewage.

Privatisation has led to this.

A failed model, it must go.

Here we go. Southern Water spokesperson ď itís up to you if you go in the sea!Ē Ffs
Several cases of severe stomach upsets after swimming in Kent.
[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 23 Aug 22 11.13pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

The main function of the water companies seems to be to borrow huge amounts to pay out to shareholders and line their own pockets, while avoiding having much to do with water, at all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 23 Aug 22 11.29pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

The main function of the water companies seems to be to borrow huge amounts to pay out to shareholders and line their own pockets, while avoiding having much to do with water, at all.

Agreed. Southern Water owners previously owned Thames Water and left them with huge debts

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 24 Aug 22 5.42am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Agreed. Southern Water owners previously owned Thames Water and left them with huge debts

Must have taken financial advice from brown and bliar

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 29 Aug 22 7.35am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Interesting proposal from Water Companies.

[Link]

"People need to be 'less squeamish' about drinking water taken from sewage treatment plants, the head of the Environment Agency has said.

Water companies are planning "toilet-to-tap" systems, also known as water recycling, to turn sewage from lavatories into drinking water by treating it.

By 2030, toilet water could be deposited into rivers near treatment plants so it can be collected and processed as drinking water.

Writing in the Sunday Times, Sir James Bevan said the "unpopular" move would help protect the UK's water supply.

Sir James said drinking water reprocessed from sewage is "perfectly safe and healthy, but not something many people fancy".

In 2013, Thames Water announced plans to use recycled toilet waste in London's tap water, adding it hoped to implement a wastewater recycling scheme by 2025.

The advice comes as water supplies are placed under strain due to climate change." (BBC website)

So rather than doing a proper job of having a fully functioning water system , they proposed some half-@r5ed cheap-fix job "which is perfectly safe". Hooray for the share-holders

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 29 Aug 22 8.10am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Interesting proposal from Water Companies.

[Link]

"People need to be 'less squeamish' about drinking water taken from sewage treatment plants, the head of the Environment Agency has said.

Water companies are planning "toilet-to-tap" systems, also known as water recycling, to turn sewage from lavatories into drinking water by treating it.

By 2030, toilet water could be deposited into rivers near treatment plants so it can be collected and processed as drinking water.

Writing in the Sunday Times, Sir James Bevan said the "unpopular" move would help protect the UK's water supply.

Sir James said drinking water reprocessed from sewage is "perfectly safe and healthy, but not something many people fancy".

In 2013, Thames Water announced plans to use recycled toilet waste in London's tap water, adding it hoped to implement a wastewater recycling scheme by 2025.

The advice comes as water supplies are placed under strain due to climate change." (BBC website)

So rather than doing a proper job of having a fully functioning water system , they proposed some half-@r5ed cheap-fix job "which is perfectly safe". Hooray for the share-holders

It will be fine I trust the water companies completely it's not like anything could go wrong and you end up drinking feces.

What are you concerned about they have an excellent track record of sewage management.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 12 Sep 22 3.48pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Is there any worse company, anywhere in the world, than Southern Water?

[Link]

It's no surprise therefore, after all their destruction, that the tories new leader will be giving them a big tax hand-out this year.

As John Cleese said shaking his fist 'thank you so much God, thank you so very much'.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 12 Sep 22 6.03pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Is there any worse company, anywhere in the world, than Southern Water?

[Link]

It's no surprise therefore, after all their destruction, that the tories new leader will be giving them a big tax hand-out this year.

As John Cleese said shaking his fist 'thank you so much God, thank you so very much'.


So you think itís ok not to pay your bills because you disagree with the company operations. I donít personally like the fact that most helplines are in India or the sub continent but I wonít not pay. They deserve the debt collectors knocking on their door.
They can always stop using water and s*** in the woods !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 5 << First< 1 2 3 4 5

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Water