You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha?
October 2 2022 5.19pm

Zaha?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 25 Aug 22 7.40am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

I find it very surprising that either, Arsenal. Chelsea or Spurs have not put a bid in for Wilf, i know he has his faults but on his day he is superb, and probably available for 25m, and still only 29, with the money them three are spending on mediocre players it is a surprise to me, but, lets hope no bid comes in for him and he extends his contact for another 3 years.

 


I remember Paris in '49, The Champs Elysee, Saint Michel And old Beaujolais wine, And I recall that you were mine, In those Parisienne days


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 25 Aug 22 7.46am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Thé click bait below reckon he is third in line to be considered by Areaenal. So it is all hot air. I wouldn’t take anything less than £50 m for him. He’s our main man and in a rich vain of form. Once the window closes Parish needs to offer him a new 4 year deal. He should also offer to name the new stand after him and put up a statue of him right outside where the opposition arrive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Aug 22 7.46am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Honestly the WZ transfer thingy has been going around for so long I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a pre prepared response email in the system which says -

WZ is currently our player - his contract has xxx to run , we will accept ................ + .....................
If you cannot offer him CL football there is no point in contacting us further, if you can offer CL football please be aware that we will not engage or bother with any speculative bidding process.

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I find it very surprising that either, Arsenal. Chelsea or Spurs have not put a bid in for Wilf, i know he has his faults but on his day he is superb, and probably available for 25m, and still only 29, with the money them three are spending on mediocre players it is a surprise to me, but, lets hope no bid comes in for him and he extends his contact for another 3 years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Aug 22 8.17am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

If anyone deserves a stand to be named after them (or something significant in the ground) its Wilf -


Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Thé click bait below reckon he is third in line to be considered by Areaenal. So it is all hot air. I wouldn’t take anything less than £50 m for him. He’s our main man and in a rich vain of form. Once the window closes Parish needs to offer him a new 4 year deal. He should also offer to name the new stand after him and put up a statue of him right outside where the opposition arrive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 25 Aug 22 8.19am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

On Tuesday night, when the first substitution was about to be made (Schlupp for Phillips), the Oxford supporter sitting next to me said to his mate "Oh Christ, I think Zaha's coming on. Game over!"

So Wilf can strike fear into the opposition even when he's not in the squad! As it happened, Jeff's attacking attitude soon led to it being "game over" in any case.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 25 Aug 22 8.19am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

If anyone deserves a stand to be named after them (or something significant in the ground) its Wilf -


Very Much Agree

 


I remember Paris in '49, The Champs Elysee, Saint Michel And old Beaujolais wine, And I recall that you were mine, In those Parisienne days


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 25 Aug 22 8.22am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

If anyone deserves a stand to be named after them (or something significant in the ground) its Wilf -


Absolutely agree.

I am sure we have all moaned at/about Zaha at one point or another however I think this is down to a very genuine belief he could have been one of the world's best.

He is for me, in my lifetime, the greatest son Palace has produced and pivotal to this very successful spell for us. Wilf Zaha is Palace this century so far.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Aug 22 8.29am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Maybe even name the academy after him - hasn't he been with Palace since he was about 8 ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Aug 22 8.32am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

Maybe even name the academy after him - hasn't he been with Palace since he was about 8 ?

I am thinking that he joined the academy when he was 12, however this might not be correct.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Aug 22 8.35am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Thanks Willo - I was thinking that you would be the "go to" guy on this - in any event even if its 12 (not if that's not an academy success story then I don't know what is -

Originally posted by Willo

I am thinking that he joined the academy when he was 12, however this might not be correct.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Aug 22 8.37am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Dont know where the sunglasses emoji came from I typed the number eight, lol

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 25 Aug 22 8.39am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Wilf has improved his end product under Vieira and if he keeps up this current form he could be set for his best season ever. I saw a stat that only Son and Kane have scored more goals than him in the PL in 2022. In a world in which Chelsea are apparently bidding 60m for Gordon it does seem mad that no one has at least tested the water. Earlier in the window I had said that if a decent offer came in and he really wanted to leave we should let him, despite how important he is to us, but with 6 days until the window shuts that ship has sailed. We don't have a readymade replacement and there isn't enough time to find one. Unless someone offers something silly I think we can probably put this one to bed again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha?