You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Diana - 25 years on.
October 4 2022 6.24pm

Diana - 25 years on.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 29 Aug 22 1.03pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

I've heard it said , that if you want to improve your income from the public, then dying is a really good career move.

Someone made shedloads from the flowers, flags, T-shirts, moosical tributes, books, postcards, interviews "by friends who knew her best". Not just Paul Burrell and James Hewitt.
The Royal Estates had upsurges in visitor numbers

And anything to do with her still sells very well.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 29 Aug 22 1.38pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Diana was killed because she was about to reveal that Prince Charles had an affair err no that already happened.

Okay she was killed because she was about to reveal all in a tell all interview err no that already happened.

She was pregnant and her Muslim baby would be in line to the throne err no that doesn't work because her divorce meant that any future children would not be linked to the Royal family.

So I am hard put to understand a motive for her assassination any damage that she could do to the Royal family had already been done.

Occam's razor she was killed by a drunk driver who baited the press to catch him and a bodyguard who failed to do his job and ensure she didn't get in the car with said drunk and wear a seat belt.

The French have no love for us if it was anything else I am sure they would not have held back.

Pretty much how I see it.

Diana was an enormous pain in the arse, but if that was a reason to assassinate people gay men would be in hiding.

The ridiculously over the top out pouring at her funeral was the first time I noticed just how overtly feminised our society had become.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 29 Aug 22 2.00pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Diana was killed because she was about to reveal that Prince Charles had an affair err no that already happened.

Okay she was killed because she was about to reveal all in a tell all interview err no that already happened.

She was pregnant and her Muslim baby would be in line to the throne err no that doesn't work because her divorce meant that any future children would not be linked to the Royal family.

So I am hard put to understand a motive for her assassination any damage that she could do to the Royal family had already been done.

Occam's razor she was killed by a drunk driver who baited the press to catch him and a bodyguard who failed to do his job and ensure she didn't get in the car with said drunk and wear a seat belt.

The French have no love for us if it was anything else I am sure they would not have held back.

But we helped the French catch the Jackal, so they owe us one. Although it wasn't Charles Calthrop in the end.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 29 Aug 22 6.03pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Pretty much how I see it.

Diana was an enormous pain in the arse, but if that was a reason to assassinate people gay men would be in hiding.

The ridiculously over the top out pouring at her funeral was the first time I noticed just how overtly feminised our society had become.

I p$$3d myself laughing at the 'mourners'. Those who queued for hours to sign a book of condolence, the mountains of flowers left at Royal residences every day, and of particular hilarity, the funeral procession with people crying and throwing flowers at her coffin.
I so wanted a Mexican wave to start alongside the cortege, just to highlight the absolute ridiculousness of the 'event'.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 29 Aug 22 6.04pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Notwithstanding , she seemed a very nice person when she was alive ^^^^^^^^

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 29 Aug 22 7.33pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

But we helped the French catch the Jackal, so they owe us one. Although it wasn't Charles Calthrop in the end.

Still as good as ever AS.

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 29 Aug 22 7.41pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

She ain't dead.

She's living on an island, riding Shergar and drinking cocktails with Elvis, JFK and Lord Lucan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 29 Aug 22 8.09pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

She ain't dead.

She's living on an island, riding Shergar and drinking cocktails with Elvis, JFK and Lord Lucan.

..or given her track record, riding Elvis,JFK and Lord Lucan and drinking cocktails with Shergar.....

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 29 Aug 22 8.29pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by becky

..or given her track record, riding Elvis,JFK and Lord Lucan and drinking cocktails with Shergar.....

Yeah your probably right. Got the impression she was a bit of an old bike.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 29 Aug 22 11.41pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

But we helped the French catch the Jackal, so they owe us one. Although it wasn't Charles Calthrop in the end.

We sent boatloads of folks over to France in June 1944 ... and they're getting their own back now.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 30 Aug 22 8.59am Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

Originally posted by becky

..or given her track record, riding Elvis,JFK and Lord Lucan and drinking cocktails with Shergar.....

No, Charles went on and married Shergar

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 30 Aug 22 9.08am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Henry of Peckham

We sent boatloads of folks over to France in June 1944 ... and they're getting their own back now.

Luckily Hitler didn't realise the best way to get his troops over the channel was in dingies

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Diana - 25 years on.