You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha offered new contract
October 2 2022 4.53pm

Zaha offered new contract

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 08 Sep 22 8.55am Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Various media outlets reporting this morning we have offered Wolf a new contract.

I absolutely cannot see him signing a new contract. This is really the last chance saloon for him to play European football etc.

He will be gone at the end of the season. What worries me is that he signs a pre contract in Jan and the rest of the season he isn't 100% focused. Doesn't help us at all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pax3908's Profile pax3908 Flag 08 Sep 22 9.19am Send a Private Message to pax3908 Add pax3908 as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Various media outlets reporting this morning we have offered Wolf a new contract.

I absolutely cannot see him signing a new contract. This is really the last chance saloon for him to play European football etc.

He will be gone at the end of the season. What worries me is that he signs a pre contract in Jan and the rest of the season he isn't 100% focused. Doesn't help us at all.

Not so sure he will go,if he gets a good offer from Palace,and he will,Palace don't want him to go,he will be 30,he loves CP and we love him,what better way to wind down your career for a couple of years than be surrounded by an aura you won't get anywhere else!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 08 Sep 22 9.37am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Various media outlets reporting this morning we have offered Wolf a new contract.

I absolutely cannot see him signing a new contract. This is really the last chance saloon for him to play European football etc.

He will be gone at the end of the season. What worries me is that he signs a pre contract in Jan and the rest of the season he isn't 100% focused. Doesn't help us at all.

I think Wolfsburg were in the Champions League last season. Could be a destination for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 08 Sep 22 9.39am Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Bloody predictive text.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 08 Sep 22 9.55am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Bloody predictive text.

Nothing to do with the reintroduction of 'Gladiators' then?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 08 Sep 22 12.05pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Nothing to do with the reintroduction of 'Gladiators' then?

Was he a real wolf?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 08 Sep 22 12.14pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

As much as I love wilf from an unselfish point of view I wish he moved on 2/3 years ago! And played european football and won some sort of domestic trophy! its the very least he deserves.

As soon as he leaves / retires we will be back to the championship! we all know this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 08 Sep 22 12.35pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Lets hope he signs.

As much as we are evolving and bringing in better players around him we would be in trouble without him.

Scored over half of our goals so far, which is a bit scary. Especially as I don't think anyone in the squad would have scored 3 of those 4.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dg1937's Profile dg1937 Flag 08 Sep 22 2.32pm Send a Private Message to dg1937 Add dg1937 as a friend

Originally posted by pax3908

Not so sure he will go,if he gets a good offer from Palace,and he will,Palace don't want him to go,he will be 30,he loves CP and we love him,what better way to wind down your career for a couple of years than be surrounded by an aura you won't get anywhere else!!

I hope I'm wrong but to me, as a free agent, interested clubs will have no fee to worry about and will be able to increase their offer to him accordingly. I suspect they will be able to blow any contract Palace can offer him out of the water. Money talks and, if they can offer European football and / or a better prospect of winning trophies as well, it will be no contest and he will go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglerik1's Profile eaglerik1 Flag 08 Sep 22 2.35pm Send a Private Message to eaglerik1 Add eaglerik1 as a friend

Potters first signing for Chelsea to appease the other lot

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 08 Sep 22 3.40pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by eaglerik1

Potters first signing for Chelsea to appease the other lot

I doubt he’ll have any say in who he signs. I think their new owner is on a power trip!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 08 Sep 22 3.50pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Agree with this.
It's doubtful we'll compete in either financial terms or the European football that will be on offer.
This is not defeatist but a realistic assessment. The only reason he will stay is if he wants to stay at Palace.
The ball is very much in his court.

Originally posted by dg1937

I hope I'm wrong but to me, as a free agent, interested clubs will have no fee to worry about and will be able to increase their offer to him accordingly. I suspect they will be able to blow any contract Palace can offer him out of the water. Money talks and, if they can offer European football and / or a better prospect of winning trophies as well, it will be no contest and he will go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha offered new contract