You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Labour's blatant " side of a bus lie "
October 2 2022 5.05pm

Labour's blatant " side of a bus lie "

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Glazier#1's Profile Glazier#1 Flag 11 Sep 22 9.32am Send a Private Message to Glazier#1 Add Glazier#1 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

NHS budget 2016 : £135.7 bn
2022 : £173.8 bn

Here are figures from The Health foundation on 'real terms' spending on the NHS. 'Real terms', just to be clear, meaning the spending but bringing inflation into the equation.

[Link]

Also, The Institute For Fiscal Studies gives this information about NHS funding:

'Health spending has grown rapidly over the past 70 years but the rate of growth has varied substantially over time. UK public spending on health grew in real terms by an average annual rate of 3.6% between 1949&#8722;50 and 1918&#8722;19. Since 2009 and 2019 it has grown at the much slower rate of 1.3% pa. This followed a period of unusually sharp increases at 6.0% pa between 1996 and 20909 and 2010, such that the average growth between 1996 &#8722; 97 and 2018 &#8722; 19 was 4.1% pa (above the long-run average). Increases were particularly low under the coalition government (2009&#8722;10 to 2015) at just 1.0% pa, while spending increased at a rate of 1.6% pa between 2014&#8722;15 and 2018&#8722;19.

Labour in government between 1997-2009, Tories in between 2009 - 2022

Sorry about all the editing. It's because it is giving those silly # signs everywhere and I don't know why.

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.33am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.35am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.36am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.38am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.38am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.40am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 11 Sep 22 10.16am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Glazier#1

Here are figures from The Health foundation on 'real terms' spending on the NHS. 'Real terms', just to be clear, meaning the spending but bringing inflation into the equation.

[Link]

Also, The Institute For Fiscal Studies gives this information about NHS funding:

'Health spending has grown rapidly over the past 70 years but the rate of growth has varied substantially over time. UK public spending on health grew in real terms by an average annual rate of 3.6% between 1949&#8722;50 and 1918&#8722;19. Since 2009 and 2019 it has grown at the much slower rate of 1.3% pa. This followed a period of unusually sharp increases at 6.0% pa between 1996 and 20909 and 2010, such that the average growth between 1996 &#8722; 97 and 2018 &#8722; 19 was 4.1% pa (above the long-run average). Increases were particularly low under the coalition government (2009&#8722;10 to 2015) at just 1.0% pa, while spending increased at a rate of 1.6% pa between 2014&#8722;15 and 2018&#8722;19.

Labour in government between 1997-2009, Tories in between 2009 - 2022

Sorry about all the editing. It's because it is giving those silly # signs everywhere and I don't know why.

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.33am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.35am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.36am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.38am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.38am)

Edited by Glazier#1 (11 Sep 2022 9.40am)

So despite the NHS getting the quoted £350m a week plus an additional £20 bn a year it's still not enough?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doi209's Profile doi209 Flag Fighting for the weak and innocent... 11 Sep 22 11.04am Send a Private Message to doi209 Add doi209 as a friend

It's the GPs that are f*cking it up

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 11 Sep 22 11.28am Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Hi

Originally posted by doi209

It's the GPs that are f*cking it up

And famously,that Labour icon Tony,gave them to the absolute amazement of my own GP, a new contract apparently doubling their salary and Monday to Friday working normal hours!! At the time,my GP could not believe his luck!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View stancummins's Profile stancummins Online Flag 11 Sep 22 11.34am Send a Private Message to stancummins Add stancummins as a friend

i think he was more than a labour icon he was the best conservative prime minister this country has had since world war 2

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Glazier#1's Profile Glazier#1 Flag 11 Sep 22 2.56pm Send a Private Message to Glazier#1 Add Glazier#1 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

So despite the NHS getting the quoted £350m a week plus an additional £20 bn a year it's still not enough?

Yeah right lol.

Run it into the ground, say "See? It's not working: it needs a radical overhaul".

Then privatise it.

Classic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 11 Sep 22 3.46pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Glazier#1

Yeah right lol.

Run it into the ground, say "See? It's not working: it needs a radical overhaul".

Then privatise it.

Classic.

Make it less top heavy. Thatís where it needs to start. As Iíve posted before as soon as any hmg tries to change things the unions and high ranks are marching round Russel square. Stop giving in; I reckon a majority of mid to lower ranks can see the issues but are never consulted. Thatís not a hmg fault itís media butting in tbh.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 11 Sep 22 4.15pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

Never believe what's on the side of a bus.

Saw one or two a way back proclaiming that Carlsberg was probably the best lager in the world when in fact it tastes like pish.

Since then I am a bus sceptic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Glazier#1's Profile Glazier#1 Flag 11 Sep 22 4.24pm Send a Private Message to Glazier#1 Add Glazier#1 as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

Your point being?

My point being that the promise of how much, 350 mil, is very specific whereas 'Let's fund our NHS instead is vague and doesn't specify how much.

It's not difficult.

Where's this 350 mil?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 11 Sep 22 4.31pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Glazier#1

My point being that the promise of how much, 350 mil, is very specific whereas 'Let's fund our NHS instead is vague and doesn't specify how much.

It's not difficult.

Where's this 350 mil?

Included in the £38bn the NHS budget has increased PA since 2016?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 11 Sep 22 5.26pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Glazier#1

Yeah right lol.

Run it into the ground, say "See? It's not working: it needs a radical overhaul".

Then privatise it.

Classic.

That"s the plan!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 11 Sep 22 5.34pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

That"s the plan!

Could it be any worse. At least the large minority of time wasters would be stopped.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Labour's blatant " side of a bus lie "