You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > I'm Andy Fly Me
January 30 2023 6.27pm

I'm Andy Fly Me

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 32 of 38 < 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 >

 

View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 08 Oct 22 1.31pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

For those that insist that de platforming and banning is a right wing invention

[Link]

But...but...but it must be made up. It was in the Daily Mail.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 08 Oct 22 1.43pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

For those that insist that de platforming and banning is a right wing invention

[Link]

Is both delicious and worrying when the backtracking on a decision, an increasingly frequent happening, does prove such decisions are made from ideological devotion as opposed to cerebral exercise. Is the duty of those able to think to corral and reduce the harm caused by those who cannot.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 Oct 22 1.43pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

But...but...but it must be made up. It was in the Daily Mail.

I'm sure the BBC will give it maximum headlines

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Oct 22 2.17pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

For those that insist that de platforming and banning is a right wing invention

[Link]

As is quite usual if you read why the lady won her case you will understand that it had nothing at all to do with whether the council was right, or wrong, to cancel the event.

It was only “procedurally unlawful”. In other words there was a processing error.

Big deal! Don’t let that stop anyone drawing all sorts of other conclusions though.

This wasn’t a victory for anyone! It was a piece of luck. Like a motorist avoiding a speeding fine because the police failed to calibrate their cameras on time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Oct 22 2.23pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

That's not education it's confirmation bias. All you're saying here is I'm right, you're wrong and if you knew more you wouldn't disagree with me.

No it isn’t. As I said before my grandchild is highly intelligent and I trust them implicitly.

They are fully aware of the dangers of confirmation bias, as am I, as I witness it every day here.

My grandchild’s knowledge on this is much greater than mine, and from all I have read here of anyone else using this site.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Oct 22 2.30pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11



Actually I think that is a good thing although I understand the frustration.

People who have dodgy CV's or background checks might blag it with one company but then get called out by another. A mate did this he hid his criminal record on his CV and go a job in Financial Services which should never have happened due to the nature of his offence.

However it was a small firm and they did not have the resources to fully check so he got away with it.

Today most companies now employ professional CV and background checkers if they don't they are idiots.

So whilst I sympathise if somebody has to go through that expense the alternative is employing somebody like the Soham scum because they didn't do their due diligence.

It’s the need to pay twice for an identical document that bugs me. Why create additional administration and clog up the system when sight of the other, which remains current, ought to be sufficient?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 Oct 22 2.33pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It’s the need to pay twice for an identical document that bugs me. Why create additional administration and clog up the system when sight of the other, which remains current, ought to be sufficient?

Yeah I got that but like I said people can fool the system and the safety net is a different person spots it.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 08 Oct 22 2.39pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As is quite usual if you read why the lady won her case you will understand that it had nothing at all to do with whether the council was right, or wrong, to cancel the event.

It was only “procedurally unlawful”. In other words there was a processing error.

Big deal! Don’t let that stop anyone drawing all sorts of other conclusions though.

This wasn’t a victory for anyone! It was a piece of luck. Like a motorist avoiding a speeding fine because the police failed to calibrate their cameras on time.

But the fact is they were cancelling it due to her views on transgender, free speech eh!
What other conclusions can be drawn? Read the bit about University of York, there is a cancel culture which cannot be denied

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 08 Oct 22 2.41pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

No it isn’t. As I said before my grandchild is highly intelligent and I trust them implicitly.

They are fully aware of the dangers of confirmation bias, as am I, as I witness it every day here.

My grandchild’s knowledge on this is much greater than mine, and from all I have read here of anyone else using this site.

It's still feelings. Not facts. If your grandchild thought he was a tree it wouldn't be true.
Telling women it might uncomfortable for themselves and their daughters to get changed next to a man because of a lack of education is patronising in the extreme.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 08 Oct 22 2.41pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

But the fact is they were cancelling it due to her views on transgender, which they have admitted,free speech eh!
What other conclusions can be drawn? Read the bit about University of York, there is a cancel culture which cannot be denied

Sorry duplicate post, nearly! I have added, “which they admitted”

Edited by Spiderman (08 Oct 2022 2.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Oct 22 2.49pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

But the fact is they were cancelling it due to her views on transgender, free speech eh!
What other conclusions can be drawn? Read the bit about University of York, there is a cancel culture which cannot be denied

I

Where has that been said, or are you making assumptions?

They have said they are prepared to look at a new application on its merits. No blanket ban at all.

Could it possibly be that they were advised by the police that there was a risk to public safety?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 Oct 22 2.53pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

It's still feelings. Not facts. If your grandchild thought he was a tree it wouldn't be true.
Telling women it might uncomfortable for themselves and their daughters to get changed next to a man because of a lack of education is patronising in the extreme.

When they are, it is.

When.they aren’t, it isn’t.

Transgender women, behaving discretely in private cubicles aren’t.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 32 of 38 < 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > I'm Andy Fly Me