You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Worst 11 you can remember
July 16 2024 1.36pm

Worst 11 you can remember

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 13 Oct 22 9.12am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by PE Supporter

Christian Benteke's younger brother, Jonathon, must surely feature as one of an 11

What a shout! Completely forgotten about him, ha!

Reminiscent of that Ali Dia fiasco. Did slightly reignite my dream of playing for Palace one day however.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Skip's Profile Skip Flag 13 Oct 22 10.19am Send a Private Message to Skip Add Skip as a friend

Flinders

Muscat
Ruddock
Leif Anderson
Harrison

Kebe
Fletcher
Pollock
Veart

Sanogo
Wayne Andrews

Edited by Skip (13 Oct 2022 10.20am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 13 Oct 22 10.24am Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Christ, where do you even start with a list like this?!

Leaving aside all those who signed and played very little or not at all....

Dad took me to Palace on and off much earlier, but my own reliable memories only go back to the very late 80's, so I'm sure I've missed some absolute s***e that slightly older fans will recall....

Miller

Sinnott Ismael Sakho(Pound for pound)

Mortimer Zohar Brolin (Captain, Player Manager, Head of Catering)

Akinbiyi Adebayor Taylor(Gareth)

Torghelle


Edited by TheBigToePunt (13 Oct 2022 10.25am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 13 Oct 22 10.27am Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by Skip

Flinders

Muscat
Ruddock
Leif Anderson
Harrison

Kebe
Fletcher
Pollock
Veart

Sanogo
Wayne Andrews

Edited by Skip (13 Oct 2022 10.20am)

I totally forgot Sanogo (easy to do). I was going to describe him as 'like Bambi on Ice' but he was more like Bambi on LSD.

Ruddock. What an absolute shameless, wage-stealing mess of a bloke. Everything you don't want at your club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Skip's Profile Skip Flag 13 Oct 22 10.38am Send a Private Message to Skip Add Skip as a friend

I see Brolin makes the list of many people. At the time that he turned up my dad worked for the Press Association. The story is that Palace/Coppell agreed that Brolin could train with the 1st team as he was without a club and wanted to get fitter to try and secure a contract with a club in England. Coppell let him train on a number of occasions in the week and then registered him as a player. Come Saturday he found himself in the team despite him being unfit and overweight.

I think the blame here is with sir Steve as he was really rolling the dice one last time as we faced relegation and his job was in the balance.

Brolin was nowhere near the level required but I've always cut him some slack because he probably shouldn't have been put into the position that he was. He certainly wasn't the money grabber people make him out to be. He was offered a short term contract and took it, and who can blame him.

On the plus side his translation skills were of the highest order . I also have an image of him having an absolute nightmare in a home game and playing with his head bandaged.

Edited by Skip (13 Oct 2022 10.39am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 13 Oct 22 10.52am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

I've tried to avoid previously mentioned names, but a few are just unavoidable !

GK - Scott Flinders

Back 4 - Brian Bason, Valerian Ismael, John Lacy, Craig Harrison

Midfield - Stuart Green, David Price, Jordan Mutch, Andy Dorman

Forwards - Tony Mahoney, Chris Jones

Aww come on mate, Andy scored a worldy!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 13 Oct 22 10.53am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

other s*** players who deserve a mention are

Jamie Fullarton - just awful

Max Meyer - for the money such a let down

Padavano - scored 1 goal got injured and then didn't want to play

i don't like listing youngsters but Rory Ginty was pretty woeful

Bruce Dyer - not terrible, but surely the most frustrating player in the world

Kebe - yes, not sure why we bought him and just disappeared. £2m thrown away

Emblem - never buy an ex Millwall player (Armstrong the only exception i can think of). Just awful

What about Shaggy - ex Millwall too. A trier, but liked a foul and moments of madness

Alex Dyer and Paul Mortimer - good for other teams against us, woeful for us

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 13 Oct 22 11.10am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

other s*** players who deserve a mention are

Jamie Fullarton - just awful

Max Meyer - for the money such a let down

Padavano - scored 1 goal got injured and then didn't want to play

i don't like listing youngsters but Rory Ginty was pretty woeful

Bruce Dyer - not terrible, but surely the most frustrating player in the world

Kebe - yes, not sure why we bought him and just disappeared. £2m thrown away

Emblem - never buy an ex Millwall player (Armstrong the only exception i can think of). Just awful

What about Shaggy - ex Millwall too. A trier, but liked a foul and moments of madness

Alex Dyer and Paul Mortimer - good for other teams against us, woeful for us

Anton Otulakowski was pretty awful too

 


“That’s a joke son, I say, that’s a joke.” “Nice boy, but he’s sharp as a throw pillow.” “He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” “ “Son… I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.”__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 13 Oct 22 11.48am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

Christ, where do you even start with a list like this?!

Leaving aside all those who signed and played very little or not at all....

Dad took me to Palace on and off much earlier, but my own reliable memories only go back to the very late 80's, so I'm sure I've missed some absolute s***e that slightly older fans will recall....

Miller

Sinnott Ismael Sakho(Pound for pound)

Mortimer Zohar Brolin (Captain, Player Manager, Head of Catering)

Akinbiyi Adebayor Taylor(Gareth)

Torghelle


Edited by TheBigToePunt (13 Oct 2022 10.25am)

We were told he was the Hungarian Wayne Rooney. How were we supposed to know they meant he wore Beer Glasses.

Edited by Badger11 (13 Oct 2022 11.48am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne 13 Oct 22 12.31pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Anton Otulakowski was pretty awful too

To be fair though, he was brilliant at Millwall, I went to quite a lot of Millwall games around that era and he definitely stood out, so I was pleased when we signed him, but…..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 13 Oct 22 12.38pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

Berthelin

Ruddock Jach Marange

Djilali Mutch Davids Danze

Akinbiyi Bamford Counago


I still love that Edgar Davids played for us, but he was f***** horrific.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 13 Oct 22 12.55pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

To be fair though, he was brilliant at Millwall, I went to quite a lot of Millwall games around that era and he definitely stood out, so I was pleased when we signed him, but…..

But the only goal he ever scored was against Millwall so some good

 


“That’s a joke son, I say, that’s a joke.” “Nice boy, but he’s sharp as a throw pillow.” “He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” “ “Son… I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.”__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Worst 11 you can remember