You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace top 6?
December 6 2022 11.34pm

Palace top 6?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 16 Nov 22 4.19pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

We've just lost to Forest, deservedly so. It makes this thread rather redundant doesn't it.


So, did Liverpool (deservedly so), who also lost at home to Leeds! Does that mean they have no chance of top 6 as well?

However, I think the idea of Palace being top 6 is fanciful. I've said (at least twice) that we will probably attain our usual 40 something points and at best scrape into 10th. I expect us to finish between 11th and 14th.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 17 Nov 22 7.33am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


So, did Liverpool (deservedly so), who also lost at home to Leeds! Does that mean they have no chance of top 6 as well?

However, I think the idea of Palace being top 6 is fanciful. I've said (at least twice) that we will probably attain our usual 40 something points and at best scrape into 10th. I expect us to finish between 11th and 14th.

And 11 to 14 is where we deserve to be. For me, it’s more about how we get there than where we finish and although PV is not without his flaws, I prefer his way of doing it to Roy’s.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 17 Nov 22 9.58am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

We've just lost to Forest, deservedly so. It makes this thread rather redundant doesn't it.

I know what you're saying, and agree to an extent, however, that's like saying that as Brentford has just beaten Man City, City are no longer title contenders.

One game doesn't make a season etc etc

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 17 Nov 22 10.13am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

And 11 to 14 is where we deserve to be. For me, it’s more about how we get there than where we finish and although PV is not without his flaws, I prefer his way of doing it to Roy’s.

That sums it up nicely for me. We spend nowhere near enough to be serious contenders for a European spot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elwissthebest's Profile Elwissthebest Flag Marlborough 17 Nov 22 10.13am Send a Private Message to Elwissthebest Add Elwissthebest as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

And 11 to 14 is where we deserve to be. For me, it’s more about how we get there than where we finish and although PV is not without his flaws, I prefer his way of doing it to Roy’s.

Agree entirely.

After the Forest match, a poster on the BBC website (I know) talked about a team of 'Overachievers from Croydon'. That is, more than a bit gobby, but if you take the long view, Forest is a club that once won the Champions'League, albeit not in its present format. For Palace to finish midway up the top flight is, in terms of our history, overachievement indeed. And, as has been said, the football that is played in order to achieve that position does matter. And it's much pleasanter on the eye than Royball, annoying as the inconsistency is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 17 Nov 22 6.12pm Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Ten years in the Prem would be an achievement most/all of us never thought possible. And the only side who knows with any certainty that the next few seasons will be better than the last is Newcastle. And we all know why.

 


“You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don’t take”

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CPFC Dartford's Profile CPFC Dartford Flag Dartford 19 Nov 22 2.56pm Send a Private Message to CPFC Dartford Add CPFC Dartford as a friend

History states that we are likely to finish somewhere between 10th and 15th. However this season seems to be more unpredictable than recent ones and now we have a World Cup in between, so who knows how it will pan out. Most teams have been very inconsistent including ourselves. We are currently even money to finish top half and most bookies have us to finish 9th which I think is bloody good going. Another good cup run and that would be a terrific season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 19 Nov 22 3.24pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC Dartford

History states that we are likely to finish somewhere between 10th and 15th. However this season seems to be more unpredictable than recent ones and now we have a World Cup in between, so who knows how it will pan out. Most teams have been very inconsistent including ourselves. We are currently even money to finish top half and most bookies have us to finish 9th which I think is bloody good going. Another good cup run and that would be a terrific season.

Good points. I felt we would finish between 10-15th at the start of season and haven't changed my mind based on what we have seen. The World Cup will be a factor on teams performances into the New Year and I suspect the table will look a fair different from 6 or so down come the end of the season. If we are looking for some glory another decent FA Cup run looks the best bet.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View syd snot's Profile syd snot Flag munich 19 Nov 22 8.21pm Send a Private Message to syd snot Add syd snot as a friend

No chance, we're not good enough yet and very inconsistent which is to be expected with youngsters.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 20 Nov 22 7.56am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Elwissthebest

Agree entirely.

After the Forest match, a poster on the BBC website (I know) talked about a team of 'Overachievers from Croydon'. That is, more than a bit gobby, but if you take the long view, Forest is a club that once won the Champions'League, albeit not in its present format. For Palace to finish midway up the top flight is, in terms of our history, overachievement indeed. And, as has been said, the football that is played in order to achieve that position does matter. And it's much pleasanter on the eye than Royball, annoying as the inconsistency is.

Twice, in fact.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View uncleneal's Profile uncleneal Flag Croydon 21 Nov 22 3.58am Send a Private Message to uncleneal Add uncleneal as a friend

Still angry about the Forest game!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 21 Nov 22 10.30am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Our first priority has to be to finish better than 18th and stay up and that means not losing to teams around us. Anything more is a bonus and guarantees the revenue stream for the club to progress!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace top 6?