You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Barcelona interested in Wilf
January 29 2023 7.55pm

Barcelona interested in Wilf

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 2 << First< 1 2

 

View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 04 Jan 23 1.25pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Its going to be an interesting summer for Wilf that's for sure. I'd put money on the fact that he will not renew with us before hte endo of the season.

For the right money, I struggle to think of many top sides in Europe that wouldn't be interested. Even to just have him on the bench as a plan.

I suspect he's earnt enough money to not need to be be greedy with this move. So he can likely choose a top club on modest wages, or stick with us for good money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Charlie Croker's Profile Charlie Croker Flag Hampshire 04 Jan 23 2.24pm Send a Private Message to Charlie Croker Add Charlie Croker as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

I suspect he's earnt enough money to not need to be be greedy with this move. So he can likely choose a top club on modest wages, or stick with us for good money.

Let's hope he doesn't fall into the Ronaldo mold then, as he certainly didn't need the Saudi money.

Although pretty certain Wilf does a lot more charity work/donations than Ronaldo, so maybe he'll see a bigger payday as a way to help more.

 


ďMy experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; itís a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography if youíre lucky."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrWhyNot's Profile MrWhyNot Flag 04 Jan 23 3.16pm Send a Private Message to MrWhyNot Add MrWhyNot as a friend

I can't see it myself, but at the same time it could be a good move for him. It would put tan end to the constant rumblings of dissatisfaction at the club... then likely start them again at another.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrWhyNot's Profile MrWhyNot Flag 04 Jan 23 3.24pm Send a Private Message to MrWhyNot Add MrWhyNot as a friend

Originally posted by Charlie Croker

Let's hope he doesn't fall into the Ronaldo mold then, as he certainly didn't need the Saudi money.

Although pretty certain Wilf does a lot more charity work/donations than Ronaldo, so maybe he'll see a bigger payday as a way to help more.

The bloke doesn't even know which country he's in lol [Link] Money mad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 04 Jan 23 4.20pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by MrWhyNot

The bloke doesn't even know which country he's in lol [Link] Money mad.

Alledgedly theres a clause in his contract, that IF, Newcastle qualify for the ECL 'Ronnie' will be loaned to them. Afew of the media have mentioned this.

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 04 Jan 23 5.20pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Alledgedly theres a clause in his contract, that IF, Newcastle qualify for the ECL 'Ronnie' will be loaned to them. Afew of the media have mentioned this.

So hang on a club offers you a purported £175M a year to make you the highest paid player in the World - despite being a "has been" and having been basically sacked by your former employers for being too much of a distraction and little more than a disruptive influence.

Yet you still insist on a clause in your contract that if a better offer comes along you can leave - not that I think for one moment Eddie Howe of Newcastle would be that stupid..!!

Just shows what an egotistical, mercenary tw@t Ronaldo is..!!

Just goes to show how ridiculous football is becoming..!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 08 Jan 23 8.08pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Its going to be an interesting summer for Wilf that's for sure. I'd put money on the fact that he will not renew with us before hte endo of the season.

I'm not sure. He can sign a pre-contract agreement with a European club any time from now on, so if there's something on the table that appeals to him, presumably he'd do that in the reasonably near future. If he hasn't signed a pre-contract elsewhere by around mid-February then that tells you (and him) that there isn't exactly a queue for his services or, put another way, that for any top club interested, he's going to be their plan B. They'll offer him a contract only when they know how things work out with their number 1 targets later on, early in the summer. In that scenario, I can see Wilf re-upping with us before the end of the season, if he decides the wedge we offer him is more appealing than a bench role with Barcelona or similar.

I don't think anything will happen contract-wise with Wilf and Palace before the window closes but it might after that if we haven't already sold him for whatever we can get and if he hasn't signed an agreement elsewhere.

I wonder, actually, if our desperate form at the moment makes it more likely that if we do get an offer, we accept it this month. The run we're on right now has made it pretty obvious that we need investment in the squad urgently and also that something of a major rebuild is due. That being the case, the club's view may be that any cash we can get is welcome (and needed), getting Wilf's wages off the books right away wouldn't hurt either, and now is as good a time as any to kick-start the rebuild when there's little advantage to waiting until the summer. I have a feeling the next few weeks will be interesting.

Edited by sydtheeagle (08 Jan 2023 8.09pm)

Edited by sydtheeagle (08 Jan 2023 8.10pm)

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag UK/Thailand 08 Jan 23 8.21pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

I'm not sure. He can sign a pre-contract agreement with a European club any time from now on, so if there's something on the table that appeals to him, presumably he'd do that in the reasonably near future. If he hasn't signed a pre-contract elsewhere by around mid-February then that tells you (and him) that there isn't exactly a queue for his services or, put another way, that for any top club interested, he's going to be their plan B. They'll offer him a contract only when they know how things work out with their number 1 targets later on, early in the summer. In that scenario, I can see Wilf re-upping with us before the end of the season, if he decides the wedge we offer him is more appealing than a bench role with Barcelona or similar.

I don't think anything will happen contract-wise with Wilf and Palace before the window closes but it might after that if we haven't already sold him for whatever we can get and if he hasn't signed an agreement elsewhere.

I wonder, actually, if our desperate form at the moment makes it more likely that if we do get an offer, we accept it this month. The run we're on right now has made it pretty obvious that we need investment in the squad urgently and also that something of a major rebuild is due. That being the case, the club's view may be that any cash we can get is welcome (and needed), getting Wilf's wages off the books right away wouldn't hurt either, and now is as good a time as any to kick-start the rebuild when there's little advantage to waiting until the summer. I have a feeling the next few weeks will be interesting.

Edited by sydtheeagle (08 Jan 2023 8.09pm)

Edited by sydtheeagle (08 Jan 2023 8.10pm)


You can sign pre contract now for EU clubs.

If he is not going to sign a new deal for us I would rather he sign for someone now so we get some money and if Wilf really cared about the club he would do this.

 


Real-Debrid (Multi-Host) - [Link]
SurfShark (VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View waddy's Profile waddy Flag Highton,Melbourne 09 Jan 23 1.03am Send a Private Message to waddy Add waddy as a friend

Very true !
Wilf likely selfishly needs to depart & no one at Palace will hold a grudge

Yet it would be good for him to not go as a free agent ,thru he would allow Palace to
have a purchase fee

Letís see as his contract renewal has been on table for a few months

 


Forever Palace Proud

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 2 << First< 1 2

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Barcelona interested in Wilf