You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Something needs to happen..!!
March 5 2024 10.49am

Something needs to happen..!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 27 Jan 23 10.52pm Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

Just pointing out the obvious - but the transfer window is still open. There is time for a few signings to come through the door.

Remember - this is Palace - we never do things the easy way….like to keep everyone on the edge of their seats :-)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 27 Jan 23 10.54pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Can we afford one?
Do we need one?
Just play a few local London teams

Pretty much what I said about those stupid friendlies during the World Cup break. A complete and boring waste of time and a perfect opportunity to get injured. Ideal preparation to get hammered by Fulham!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View glazedallover's Profile glazedallover Flag Allier 27 Jan 23 11.31pm Send a Private Message to glazedallover Add glazedallover as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Maybe supporters will be delighted when a couple of players arrive on 'Loans' or perhaps a player whose transfer fee will be somewhat modest in PL terms.

Edited by Willo (27 Jan 2023 7.41pm)

In the know, Willo

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Jan 23 12.07am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by glazedallover

In the know, Willo

As Manuel said "I know narthing"

Edited by Willo (28 Jan 2023 12.11am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 28 Jan 23 6.50am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by glazedallover


In the know, Willo

He likes to give the impression that he is but in reality he doesn't know any more than the rest of us

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 28 Jan 23 8.19am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Will everyone just listen to Syd he is spot on, their is no spare money , all the in-comings cover our outgoings, we have Jairo, Luka, Tomkins and McArthur on 235K a month, with a sell on value of zero, and Olise, Eze, Guehi and Doucoure on 187k a week, with a sell on value of about 150m, we are paying for mistakes made in the past, there is no spare money, thanks to Textors 90m we had some money to buy some, its now gone, by the end of the season we will be in a better financial position, i wouldnt even offer wilf a contract, 3 years on current salary with signing fee, 25m for a player who is deteriorating in front of us.

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people. The key of joy is disobedience.

Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Jan 23 8.41am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

He likes to give the impression that he is but in reality he doesn't know any more than the rest of us

With respect, those who truly know me will vouch for the fact that I am no egotistical being who wishes to give an impression that is divorced from the reality for the purpose of self-promotion.
I have nothing further to add.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 28 Jan 23 8.44am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Despite what some are posting here I don’t see anyone clamouring for us to be like Citeh or Chelsea when it comes to buying players, but as a 10 year established PL side I do expect us to have a full competitive squad, which we do not.

We have two senior goalkeepers, one left back, two elderly right backs and a guy who has never played an entire competitive match for us. We can get by with the 4 centre halfs we have but midfield and up front is a bit of a mess. We have two possibly three in midfield who you wouldn’t want to pick in Riedewald, Milivojevic and Schlupp, another who is constantly injured in McArthur and Hughes who for some reason our manager doesn’t like. Doucoure is a nailed on starter and then we have a plethora of talented but who score few goals ‘wide attacking’ players in Eze, Olise, Ayew and Zaha (our top scorer) who is of course now injured. Two strikers, neither of whom score goals and one of them is possibly leaving!

That is supposed to be a team that keeps us competitive in the hardest league in the world. It is little surprise we have scored only 3 goals in our last 6 PL matches and 2 of them were against Bournemouth who looked to be a terrible team and the other was a free kick.

I’m amazed the confidence that some have that we are in no trouble. I reckon we are only a couple of injuries away from being in dire trouble and I would not be surprised to see PV walk as I think he is getting very frustrated, as am I as a supporter.

Rant over. Let’s hope we get some players through the door next couple of days.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 28 Jan 23 9.26am Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Originally posted by saveloy

Hopefully some good news as McArtur is back in training and looked lively too,also Ferguson too.Video up on the Palace website.

No doubt, they will have a breakdown as soon as they see the Selhurst pitch leaving us back at square one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 28 Jan 23 9.41am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Despite what some are posting here I don’t see anyone clamouring for us to be like Citeh or Chelsea when it comes to buying players, but as a 10 year established PL side I do expect us to have a full competitive squad, which we do not.

We have two senior goalkeepers, one left back, two elderly right backs and a guy who has never played an entire competitive match for us. We can get by with the 4 centre halfs we have but midfield and up front is a bit of a mess. We have two possibly three in midfield who you wouldn’t want to pick in Riedewald, Milivojevic and Schlupp, another who is constantly injured in McArthur and Hughes who for some reason our manager doesn’t like. Doucoure is a nailed on starter and then we have a plethora of talented but who score few goals ‘wide attacking’ players in Eze, Olise, Ayew and Zaha (our top scorer) who is of course now injured. Two strikers, neither of whom score goals and one of them is possibly leaving!

That is supposed to be a team that keeps us competitive in the hardest league in the world. It is little surprise we have scored only 3 goals in our last 6 PL matches and 2 of them were against Bournemouth who looked to be a terrible team and the other was a free kick.

I’m amazed the confidence that some have that we are in no trouble. I reckon we are only a couple of injuries away from being in dire trouble and I would not be surprised to see PV walk as I think he is getting very frustrated, as am I as a supporter.

Rant over. Let’s hope we get some players through the door next couple of days.

I think if Mateta goes, a striker on loan, or Loan with option to buy, and the young midfielder from Stuttgart, Loan and Obligation to by, If we had a Loan with Option with Edouard, we wouldnt have bought him and put him on 94k a week.

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people. The key of joy is disobedience.

Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 28 Jan 23 9.41am Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

You've forgotten the small detail of the cost of building the new stand and academy. Circa £120m.

There's no way they're making a profit anytime soon after forking out for that.

I haven't forgotten it at all. If the rebuild of the main stand increases revenues by, say, £10 million a year via 8,000 more seats per game to sell, expensively priced hospitality and catering facilities available 365 days a year, greater food and beverage sales per game, and increased corporate sponsorship via various naming rights then if a club is valued at a 6X multiple (which seems to be the case now) the stand will pay for itself in about two years, were the club to sold. And that's not even taking into account that the new stand makes the club more attractive to sell anyway, since the prospective new owner won't have to foot the bill himself but, rather, will be taking ownership of the ready-made state-of-the-art new facilities and the profit opportunities that come with them. Harris and Blitzer, if they want to sell Palace, have every incentive to build the new stand fast. Which, perhaps, is why that's exactly what they appear to be doing.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 28 Jan 23 9.51am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

I haven't forgotten it at all. If the rebuild of the main stand increases revenues by, say, £10 million a year via 8,000 more seats per game to sell, expensively priced hospitality and catering facilities available 365 days a year, greater food and beverage sales per game, and increased corporate sponsorship via various naming rights then if a club is valued at a 6X multiple (which seems to be the case now) the stand will pay for itself in about two years, were the club to sold. And that's not even taking into account that the new stand makes the club more attractive to sell anyway, since the prospective new owner won't have to foot the bill himself but, rather, will be taking ownership of the ready-made state-of-the-art new facilities and the profit opportunities that come with them. Harris and Blitzer, if they want to sell Palace, have every incentive to build the new stand fast. Which, perhaps, is why that's exactly what they appear to be doing.

I vote Syd for unpaid Chairman

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people. The key of joy is disobedience.

Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Something needs to happen..!!