You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Hodgson, Ayew and Haaland
July 23 2024 4.27am

Hodgson, Ayew and Haaland

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 15 Mar 23 9.33am Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Now there’s something going viral round the internet after Haalands 5 goals last night that Roy Hodgson chose Jordan Ayew over Haaland in 2018 as Halland was “not physical enough for the league” and we could had had him for 5 mill?the report is from The mail online but I can’t actually find it it’s just screenshots going round , it’s probably just a joke but wouldn’t put it past this club ! Anyone else seen or know anything about this?

 


“This is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, it’s a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This , is a large crisis” - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Mar 23 9.37am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Actually did here something along the lines of we were looking at Haaland. But he wasn't quick enough or something. Some time ago, kind of a Palace myth.
Before that it was Van Dijk who was too slow. Not much we can do about it now.
Had he played for us he might have been rubbish anyway. I'm struggling to remember players improving playing for us

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 15 Mar 23 10.36am Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Actually did here something along the lines of we were looking at Haaland. But he wasn't quick enough or something. Some time ago, kind of a Palace myth.
Before that it was Van Dijk who was too slow. Not much we can do about it now.
Had he played for us he might have been rubbish anyway. I'm struggling to remember players improving playing for us

Ian Wright,Mark Bright,Geoff Thomas, Andy Gray improved a tiny bit!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 15 Mar 23 10.48am Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

The thing is if we got haaland or van dijk they would never have become the players they are today. We most likely would have ruined them in all honesty. Haaland would not score more than 10 goals in our team!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 15 Mar 23 10.54am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by beak

Ian Wright,Mark Bright,Geoff Thomas, Andy Gray improved a tiny bit!

I think it's almost exactly 30 years ago that any of them played for us, which I think is relevant.

I'm soon expecting Sorloth to break through as a rival to Haaland, Max Meyer to win a Ballon D'or and Bamford to replace Kane in missing penalties at crucial junctures for England.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 15 Mar 23 11.37am Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

I saw the tweet. It's not real. Just a piss take trying to put the boot in on Hodgson and Ayew. If you Google the headline, there's no mention of this story prior to the past few hours, yet everyone laps it up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 15 Mar 23 11.43am Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I think it's almost exactly 30 years ago that any of them played for us, which I think is relevant.

I'm soon expecting Sorloth to break through as a rival to Haaland, Max Meyer to win a Ballon D'or and Bamford to replace Kane in missing penalties at crucial junctures for England.

The previous poster said he couldn't remember ANYONE who had improved whilst playing for Palace,he DID NOT give any time span, i can think of others but those four were good examples.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 15 Mar 23 11.53am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

AJ improved a tad

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 15 Mar 23 12.05pm Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

AWB improved. so much so Man U bought him. Mind you not sure if that’s was more us having their pants down with that one.

All the names coming out are 20-30 years ago - sums us up really.

Oh and we improved Stan Collymore by letting him go - not good enough for our first team apparently.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 15 Mar 23 12.09pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Julian improved, coming from Dundee to life in the PL, at least he only retired couple years ago so its definitely more recent than 30 years ago.

Originally posted by HesHereHesThere

AWB improved. so much so Man U bought him. Mind you not sure if that’s was more us having their pants down with that one.

All the names coming out are 20-30 years ago - sums us up really.

Oh and we improved Stan Collymore by letting him go - not good enough for our first team apparently.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 15 Mar 23 12.23pm Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

Julian improved, coming from Dundee to life in the PL, at least he only retired couple years ago so its definitely more recent than 30 years ago.

yes how could I forget - mind you he was pretty sh*t for the first few matches I seem to recall, and we all thought what the fvck have we done here!

See Mateta - if your reading this. there is hope you useless cvnt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 15 Mar 23 2.57pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Actually did here something along the lines of we were looking at Haaland. But he wasn't quick enough or something. Some time ago, kind of a Palace myth.
Before that it was Van Dijk who was too slow. Not much we can do about it now.
Had he played for us he might have been rubbish anyway. I'm struggling to remember players improving playing for us

Plenty have improved in recent years: Bolasie, Zaha, AWB, Delaney, Ward, Jedinak, Mitchell, AJ….

However they’ve all gone backwards in the last few months so The Weed will pump us 3-0 tonight

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Hodgson, Ayew and Haaland