You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?
March 29 2023 8.24am

Next manager ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 32 of 52 < 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 >

 

View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 18 Mar 23 1.25pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Is obvious to see that Vieira has been a disaster at every aspect of his management, its interesting that the players that have deteriorated most are, Mitchell, Eze, Luka, Jairo and Wilf all of them coached by Roy, PV spent net -126m, Hodgson after his time at Palace, spent net +5.2m, A complete new manager needs to be appointed at the end of the season, not now, it needs either, Roy, Lewington, Derry, McCarthy or Freedman until the end of the season, they need to play, Roy style, which most are used to until the end of the season, and go from their, i also think it is unwise to buy players or a manager who hasn't done well in the Premiership or Championship, i think we will survive comfortably if we keep it "in House"

Agree with pretty much all of this, Lanzo. Right now, a familiar, experienced, calming presence is exactly what's needed in an increasingly frantic and bitter situation. Sometimes it's a case of horses for courses; the best decision isn't always the one that most excites you but the one that gives you the best chance of recovery. Well said.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radicalsteve's Profile radicalsteve Flag ottawa 18 Mar 23 1.32pm Send a Private Message to radicalsteve Add radicalsteve as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Is obvious to see that Vieira has been a disaster at every aspect of his management, its interesting that the players that have deteriorated most are, Mitchell, Eze, Luka, Jairo and Wilf all of them coached by Roy, PV spent net -126m, Hodgson after his time at Palace, spent net +5.2m, A complete new manager needs to be appointed at the end of the season, not now, it needs either, Roy, Lewington, Derry, McCarthy or Freedman until the end of the season, they need to play, Roy style, which most are used to until the end of the season, and go from their, i also think it is unwise to buy players or a manager who hasn't done well in the Premiership or Championship, i think we will survive comfortably if we keep it "in House"

I concur, we just need to grind out some very winnable games after Arsenal, survival is the only order of the day, so Paddy, Roy, Ray etc.etc. can get the job done, doesn't have to be pretty. What comes after that, assuming we survive this year, will require a complete reboot. PV was version 2 of FDB, so three strikes and you are out!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 18 Mar 23 1.33pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Is obvious to see that Vieira has been a disaster at every aspect of his management, its interesting that the players that have deteriorated most are, Mitchell, Eze, Luka, Jairo and Wilf all of them coached by Roy, PV spent net -126m, Hodgson after his time at Palace, spent net +5.2m, A complete new manager needs to be appointed at the end of the season, not now, it needs either, Roy, Lewington, Derry, McCarthy or Freedman until the end of the season, they need to play, Roy style, which most are used to until the end of the season, and go from their, i also think it is unwise to buy players or a manager who hasn't done well in the Premiership or Championship, i think we will survive comfortably if we keep it "in House"

We have deteriorated to playing Royball this season. I'm not sure how PV thought that was a viable approach, particularly given the outlet that made it work previously (Zaha) has hardly recaptured the form to make it function tactically.
The whole side unbalanced and needs readdressing. And yet, there it was last season, within grasp, a blueprint of how to set the set the players up in a manner that was pleasing on the eye and competitive. Frankly, the board f***ed up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 18 Mar 23 1.37pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

He was very poor and looked totally clueless. I don't want to slag him off too much but he was crap with us in the end. He kept us up but we were not going to do it again. Now, it's suddenly going to work? The more I think about it it, it's total bollox.

I'm with you. I just don't get why people want Roy. We had several games in his final season where not only did we not get a shot on target we didn't even get a touch in the opposition box. He set up defensively even when we played teams at our level and whether it was age or whatever his decision making became slower and slower and he seemed incapable of altering things during a game. He had all the attacking players focusing on defending. He even said that he played Bentenke because he was good at defending corners! I get why people were fed up with the football we were producing at the end of Vieira's reign, but that was largely because it looked almost exactly like a Roy team.

Personally I think Vieira would have changed our approach after the Arsenal game to a more forward thinking one again, as that is generally what he has done against smaller teams in the past. As it is he is gone now, so I want someone with a positive approach who can instil belief in the players. I know what Roy will do and I don't want that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 18 Mar 23 1.49pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

Roy built survival with a team of mostly elderly war horses. For years we had easily the oldest team in the division but they could grind out a result with little or no flair.

We don't have those players anymore. Viera signed some young and truly gifted players but to my mind we packed a few experienced (as opposed to elderly,) players to glue it all together.

Bring Roy back would be a disaster and would see us down before we know it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SonOfSyd's Profile SonOfSyd Flag 18 Mar 23 2.02pm Send a Private Message to SonOfSyd Add SonOfSyd as a friend

I think bringing in Roy (temporarily) is actually a very smart move. Lets face it... we're in the middle of a s*** storm at the moment and we need someone calm, collected, organised and experienced to help us ride out the storm and Roy has all of those things, not to mention he is a local lad and knows the club inside and out. It won't be 'exciting' football and it may be messy but the point is, we will stay in the Premier League and that's our main focus. We can un f*** our situation in the summer but as for now, all focus needs to be on staying up. I don't think it's fair to hate on Roy because he's coming back as a favour to us as he's 75 and could be sat at home relaxing if you want to hate on anyone hate on Parish. I will be bitterly disappointed if people don't go to games or throw away their season tickets just because Roy is back in, that's not what we do at Palace, when the going gets tough we rally up and stick together. Even if you're not supporting Roy, get yourself to the ground and at least show up to back the players who don't deserve any of this mess that the higher level management has created. We will get through this tough time but us as supporters need to do our bit and get behind our team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 18 Mar 23 2.11pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by SonOfSyd

I think bringing in Roy (temporarily) is actually a very smart move. Lets face it... we're in the middle of a s*** storm at the moment and we need someone calm, collected, organised and experienced to help us ride out the storm and Roy has all of those things, not to mention he is a local lad and knows the club inside and out. It won't be 'exciting' football and it may be messy but the point is, we will stay in the Premier League and that's our main focus. We can un f*** our situation in the summer but as for now, all focus needs to be on staying up. I don't think it's fair to hate on Roy because he's coming back as a favour to us as he's 75 and could be sat at home relaxing if you want to hate on anyone hate on Parish. I will be bitterly disappointed if people don't go to games or throw away their season tickets just because Roy is back in, that's not what we do at Palace, when the going gets tough we rally up and stick together. Even if you're not supporting Roy, get yourself to the ground and at least show up to back the players who don't deserve any of this mess that the higher level management has created. We will get through this tough time but us as supporters need to do our bit and get behind our team.

Very well said and the consequences of we don't
.......The Championship.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radicalsteve's Profile radicalsteve Flag ottawa 18 Mar 23 2.39pm Send a Private Message to radicalsteve Add radicalsteve as a friend

I would rather see Bielsa, with the fixtures after Arsenal. A manager that can raise the energy levels and focus on speed, counter-attack and getting the forwards understanding how to score, will keep us up. Then, with the talent coming through from the academy, Bielsa would be a perfect fit. Look what he did with Bamford, who had a terrible attitude when he temped with us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 18 Mar 23 2.40pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Pundits think SP has got this wrong.

A panic move, not thought through etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View viveasheagle's Profile viveasheagle Flag perth 18 Mar 23 2.57pm Send a Private Message to viveasheagle Add viveasheagle as a friend

We have a lot of French speaking players on reasonable contracts so do we need a French speaking manager. Certainly Roy fits this criteria.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 18 Mar 23 3.02pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Pundits think SP has got this wrong.

A panic move, not thought through etc.

He has got this wrong, he should have backed PV in summer and acted sooner on his employment following the aforementioned failure.

Of course its a panic move, there are appropriate times to panic and this is one.

Id dare to suggest the thoughts of pundits are and only ever will be subjective opinions of not too bright individuals. Hardly indicative of anything other than that.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 18 Mar 23 3.14pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I'm with you. I just don't get why people want Roy. We had several games in his final season where not only did we not get a shot on target we didn't even get a touch in the opposition box. He set up defensively even when we played teams at our level and whether it was age or whatever his decision making became slower and slower and he seemed incapable of altering things during a game. He had all the attacking players focusing on defending. He even said that he played Bentenke because he was good at defending corners! I get why people were fed up with the football we were producing at the end of Vieira's reign, but that was largely because it looked almost exactly like a Roy team.

Personally I think Vieira would have changed our approach after the Arsenal game to a more forward thinking one again, as that is generally what he has done against smaller teams in the past. As it is he is gone now, so I want someone with a positive approach who can instil belief in the players. I know what Roy will do and I don't want that.

Cant you get it in your head that people dont want Roy back, they want to stay up, it needs someone connected to the club to steady the ship, not a complete re-boot with 11 games to go, most supporters want to stay up, and many think an insider will have a better chance, in the summer it is different, we need to find out what division we were in, and that was only going to be the championship with PV.

 


Does anyone know the way? Did we hear someone say?
(We just haven't got a clue what to do!)
Does anyone know the way? There's got to be a way, to Blockbuster


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 32 of 52 < 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?