You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leeds v Palace match thread
May 30 2024 5.14am

Leeds v Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 23 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

 

View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 09 Apr 23 11.21pm Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


To give him a bit of love I thought Eddy took his goal well.

I just want him to get more shots. I'm screaming at him just to get a shot in, get a shot in! Even today, I think he only really got that one that he thankfully buried.

He was recruited with big money with expectations to score a fair few. He needs to be a bit more selfish, a bit more determined to be in the right place at the right time, and more willing to be moaned at when he misses.

Ayew has done very well playing off the left. Infinitely better than wherever Vieira played him. But the Inside Left position might be where Édouard flourishes.

Mitchell, Eze and Édouard may be the three who benefit most from new management.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Apr 23 11.24pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A sublime finish with his left-foot.He does appear two-footed, taking a penalty with his right-foot but will shoot and cross with his left-foot.


He's not really one for leading the line but coming from deeper he could be a real asset. He takes a mean free kick as well.
While we're being complimentary wasn't it a shame that Olise didn't finish the chance he created? That would have been an even more perfect end than what we did get.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 10 Apr 23 7.12am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Well - I didn't see that coming!
What a result and who cares whether leeds should have done better in either half of the game.
Once we got going we really got going!
Well done Roy and some great performances throughout the side.
I am not sure what Roy and Ray have done but we are like a new team under them.
Safety beckons!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 10 Apr 23 7.44am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

I will give Roy credit for a tactical change which has helped in the last two games.
He has got Eze playing closer to Olise which has enhanced out threat down the right side.
They appear to have a good understanding of each other’s game.
In the absence of an attacking right back Olise has often lacked support this season being too often isolated and receiving the ball in the wrong areas.
This has been addressed with Eze having the freedom to drift into an inside right position to support Olise in areas of the field where he can carry more threat.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 10 Apr 23 8.16am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

I will give Roy credit for a tactical change which has helped in the last two games.
He has got Eze playing closer to Olise which has enhanced out threat down the right side.
They appear to have a good understanding of each other’s game.
In the absence of an attacking right back Olise has often lacked support this season being too often isolated and receiving the ball in the wrong areas.
This has been addressed with Eze having the freedom to drift into an inside right position to support Olise in areas of the field where he can carry more threat.

I agree that this seems like the most successful move in the new Roy era. They're mates and seem to understand each other's game. I'm not sure what R&R said at half-time but it worked brilliantly as the first 45 Olise was barely in the game; second half he bossed it.

This is not a criticism (it would be hard to criticise after that second half!) but does anyone else find it odd that Lokonga hasn't even gotten on the pitch since Roy took over? Given he arrived after a chat with PV I wonder if maybe he is not up for it any more. Despite results he was looking like the one positive at the end of Vieira's reign and yet he didn't even come on as a sub yesterday.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag Sussex, ex-Cronx. 10 Apr 23 8.17am Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Notice Ed.tapping his wrist after he scored.
possibly meant
'About time' or ' given time' ?
Think he should get a run out until end of season, be given that time.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 10 Apr 23 8.38am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I agree that this seems like the most successful move in the new Roy era. They're mates and seem to understand each other's game. I'm not sure what R&R said at half-time but it worked brilliantly as the first 45 Olise was barely in the game; second half he bossed it.

This is not a criticism (it would be hard to criticise after that second half!) but does anyone else find it odd that Lokonga hasn't even gotten on the pitch since Roy took over? Given he arrived after a chat with PV I wonder if maybe he is not up for it any more. Despite results he was looking like the one positive at the end of Vieira's reign and yet he didn't even come on as a sub yesterday.

No, not at all because we've P2 W2 F7 A2. Lokonga won't be here next season, so where's the need to give him game time when we are doing what's necessary without him?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 10 Apr 23 8.40am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by nhp61

I was hiding before the sofa for most of the first half, fully expecting us to get annihilated. Second half, well, I just didn't see that coming!

Commentators earlier in the season said that Palace had "an array of attacking talent". Today, that attacking talent really showed themselves...

Your telly is behind the sofa then. Is that a Feng Shui thing?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 10 Apr 23 8.46am Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

Not sure we were as bad as most have said in that first half. We had 2 headers that should have been buried and another which came off the post and scored a goal which VAR took 2 weeks to decide that it was a goal. Stevie Wonder and his golden retriever could have told you that was a perfectly good goal after 10 seconds!

Second half was totally one way traffic and should have had a couple more, gave me a lovely warm glow inside taking Leeds to the cleaners!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 10 Apr 23 9.02am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by YT

No, not at all because we've P2 W2 F7 A2. Lokonga won't be here next season, so where's the need to give him game time when we are doing what's necessary without him?

It's not a criticism, just an observation. Is Luka really a better option off the bench? He probably won't be here next season either. I really like the look of Lokonga and had hoped there might be a permanent deal to be made in the summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag 10 Apr 23 9.02am Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Maybe Lanzo was right about his criticism of PV . The wise ol sage . Eze for the Ballon d'Or next.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 10 Apr 23 9.05am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Croydon-Trucker

Maybe Lanzo was right about his criticism of PV . The wise ol sage . Eze for the Ballon d'Or next.

TBH he took a lot of flack for it but from day one he stuck by his convictions; fair play.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 23 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leeds v Palace match thread