You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leeds v Palace match thread
May 20 2024 7.24pm

Leeds v Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 19 of 23 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 09 Apr 23 8.06pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Three thing’s immediately sprung to mind whilst watching the match:

1) Leeds were never going to to keep up the speed and intensity that they showed in the first 30 minutes. Yes, we succumbed but we also sneaked an equaliser at an important time. They visibly tired.

2) we have players playing in the right positions now. Ayew looks better on the left, Eze looks when he gets forward, it is a balanced side.

3) we look far more confident on the ball than under Vieira. Not sure how that has happened because you can’t be taught that but there is obviously something working.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View peterboroeagle's Profile peterboroeagle Flag peterborough 09 Apr 23 8.14pm Send a Private Message to peterboroeagle Add peterboroeagle as a friend

Posted on the bbc website:

Palace: we're in a relegation battle
Uncle Woy: hold my sherry

Made me chuckle!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Cambs 09 Apr 23 8.18pm Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In my opinion Schlupp has done played his part whereas Ayew is a total disgrace and not worthy of a place in the PL.

Humble pie for dinner, seem to remember Ayew assisting the winner last week as well as 2 goals today ..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 09 Apr 23 8.21pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Three thing’s immediately sprung to mind whilst watching the match:

1) Leeds were never going to to keep up the speed and intensity that they showed in the first 30 minutes. Yes, we succumbed but we also sneaked an equaliser at an important time. They visibly tired.

2) we have players playing in the right positions now. Ayew looks better on the left, Eze looks when he gets forward, it is a balanced side.

3) we look far more confident on the ball than under Vieira. Not sure how that has happened because you can’t be taught that but there is obviously something working.

Agree with that.

Biggest thing for me is we just seem to move the ball a bit quicker and look like we have more intent or a plan for going forward. Under PV it was just so slow and clueless that scoring from open play or even at all seemed like something that was completely missing from consideration in approach.

In any circumstance it’s a very happy day for me and I’m guessing all other Palace fans. It’s nice to feel ‘in love with the club’ again as opposed to feeling resentful towards even my red and blue items of clothing!

COYP

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 09 Apr 23 8.25pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Agree with that.

Biggest thing for me is we just seem to move the ball a bit quicker and look like we have more intent or a plan for going forward. Under PV it was just so slow and clueless that scoring from open play or even at all seemed like something that was completely missing from consideration in approach.

In any circumstance it’s a very happy day for me and I’m guessing all other Palace fans. It’s nice to feel ‘in love with the club’ again as opposed to feeling resentful towards even my red and blue items of clothing!

COYP

A difference I noticed was when Hughes was about to come on - Roy was there explaining exactly (you could tell by his use of hand movements as well as words) what he wanted him to do and how/where he wanted him to play. You never seemed to see that with PV.

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 09 Apr 23 8.26pm Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

Just got home. Long journey upown the M1..but worth it

Think everything has been said and covered…but I would like to also highlight the team spirit on show today. Everyone smiling, encouraging each other - and we could all hear Ray ‘bellowing’ instructions and encouragement from the side of the pitch. It was so funny! You rarely heard that screaming from pitch side when PV was in charge. I personally found the guy quite morbid.

There were about 2500/3000 Palace fans today. Not a great view where we were seated…but we sang our hearts out. Leeds fans loud for about 35 mins…then subdued. Stadium was half empty with 10 mins to go. So much for the loyal Leeds fans.

Great day out…I know that being a Palace supporter means you must never get too carried away - but when your team does play well - you’ve got to enjoy it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 09 Apr 23 8.26pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Agree with that.

Biggest thing for me is we just seem to move the ball a bit quicker and look like we have more intent or a plan for going forward. Under PV it was just so slow and clueless that scoring from open play or even at all seemed like something that was completely missing from consideration in approach.

In any circumstance it’s a very happy day for me and I’m guessing all other Palace fans. It’s nice to feel ‘in love with the club’ again as opposed to feeling resentful towards even my red and blue items of clothing!

COYP

We tried to be man City but didn't have the players for it.

Explains why our best recent performance under PV was almost holding them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 09 Apr 23 8.29pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Nice one. I went last year on a wet midweek evening only to lose in injury time. Today looked like much more fun!!!!

Their goal changed the game. We then decided we had to attack. We are a much better team on the front foot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 09 Apr 23 8.50pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by becky

A difference I noticed was when Hughes was about to come on - Roy was there explaining exactly (you could tell by his use of hand movements as well as words) what he wanted him to do and how/where he wanted him to play. You never seemed to see that with PV.

Yeah I have the image of him stone silent, arms crossed, looking as though he would rather be anywhere else etched in my mind. The disconnect translated to the performance on the pitch and ultimately the feeling of inevitability in the pit of my stomach.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BarEagle's Profile BarEagle Flag Monmouth 09 Apr 23 9.47pm Send a Private Message to BarEagle Add BarEagle as a friend

From here - 6-wins Europe?…

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Apr 23 9.56pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


To give him a bit of love I thought Eddy took his goal well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 09 Apr 23 10.48pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


To give him a bit of love I thought Eddy took his goal well.

A sublime finish with his left-foot.He does appear two-footed, taking a penalty with his right-foot but will shoot and cross with his left-foot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 19 of 23 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leeds v Palace match thread