You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Olise Injury
December 7 2023 12.49pm

Olise Injury

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 20 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 24 Jul 23 4.20pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

Glad thatís cleared up . It was reported last year, but this story was full of holes anyway. Chelsea could not have offered a player terms, unless Palace had accepted an offer. In other stories Chelsea had talked to the player, canít do. Of course Chelsea are interested, who isnít? Man City now Arsenal, maybe something might come of this but more likely right now itís an unsettling tactic.

Exactly; this must be clickbait to unsettle the player and get a story going. Not sure of the rules, but a direct approach to a player is not permitted, so unless Palace gave permission for such a chat (worrying if true), then this is just a story to fill a vacant column in the news.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 24 Jul 23 4.37pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

Exactly; this must be clickbait to unsettle the player and get a story going. Not sure of the rules, but a direct approach to a player is not permitted, so unless Palace gave permission for such a chat (worrying if true), then this is just a story to fill a vacant column in the news.


The bit about Chelsea talking to the player may be BUT:
1. Olise has a brother who is at Chelsea - very easy for messages to be passed on without direct contact. e.g.,

Brother "Hey Michael, would you ever come back to Chelsea, bearing in mind they released you when they did?"
Michael "Jump at the chance Bro'. Ready for better and bigger things. Bring it on"
Brother reports back to the club...

2. Darren Ambrose has apparently confirmed (purportedly from a Palace source) that Chelsea's interest is genuine.

If he genuinely wants to leave, no point in stopping him - just get the best deal we can.

Edited by doombear (24 Jul 2023 4.37pm)

Edited by doombear (24 Jul 2023 5.30pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 24 Jul 23 4.37pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

My point was that if he still had a release clause Palace wouldíve had to have accepted the £35m and I doubt wages wouldíve been a problem so heíd probably be thereís by now if interested.

I'd be interested to know how release clauses work timewise. Would you automatically have to accept bid that matches immediately or can you hold out for a while to see if better bids come in. If so, can it be until the end of the transfer window.
That could also get very tricky if somebody bids for any of our players at 1 minute to midnight on the last transfer day

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 24 Jul 23 5.01pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


The bit about Chelsea talking to the player may be BUT:
1. Olise has a brother who is at Chelsea - very easy for messages to be past on without direct contact. e.g.,

Brother "Hey Michael, would you ever come back to Chelsea, bearing in mind they released you when they did?"
Michael "Jump at the chance Bro'. Ready for better and bigger things. Bring it on"
Brother reports back to the club...

2. Darren Ambrose has apparently confirmed (purportedly from a Palace source) that Chelsea's interest is genuine.

If he genuinely wants to leave, no point in stopping him - just get the best deal we can.

Edited by doombear (24 Jul 2023 4.37pm)

Probably right about the brother. Then again does it even need the brother when the media are the messenger, his agent can soon sort the wheat from the chaff via his journalist mates.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 24 Jul 23 5.02pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

Exactly; this must be clickbait to unsettle the player and get a story going. Not sure of the rules, but a direct approach to a player is not permitted, so unless Palace gave permission for such a chat (worrying if true), then this is just a story to fill a vacant column in the news.

we were told initially the hamstring injury would keep him out for up to 3 months. Since then we've told he's had an operation so it's clearly a full tear (the muscle has come away from the bone).

It is unclear if this will extend the rehab timeframe, but it clearly won't help.

For a normal person with fulltime physios etc it can take up to 6 months to fully recover.

Initially i was hoping he'd be back mid Sept, now i'm thinking this is overly optimistic.

Can't see any sell until he's fully recovered, especially if the release clause is no longer valid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 24 Jul 23 5.11pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

we were told initially the hamstring injury would keep him out for up to 3 months. Since then we've told he's had an operation so it's clearly a full tear (the muscle has come away from the bone).

It is unclear if this will extend the rehab timeframe, but it clearly won't help.

For a normal person with fulltime physios etc it can take up to 6 months to fully recover.

Initially i was hoping he'd be back mid Sept, now i'm thinking this is overly optimistic.

Can't see any sell until he's fully recovered, especially if the release clause is no longer valid.

Which is what i asked earlier, Are the club legally bound to continue his rehabilitation till fit again, OR, if he is definitely going should the buying club be the one's to do it, like we did with several players we have bought, incl some bloke called Ferguson.

Edited by eagleman13 (24 Jul 2023 5.12pm)

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 24 Jul 23 5.57pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Surely,with no release clause,we hold all the shots and can state our terms for any sale,to the highest bidder.
If he is determined to leave,surely the quoted figure of £35 m is ridiculously low,given the interest shown in him from home and abroad.PSG,for example,are some £189 m better off tonight!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 24 Jul 23 6.13pm Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

Didnít Dougie and the club offer improved terms to get rid of the release clause last year? Iím sure I read something about last year.
I know transfer fees these days are nuts -but 35 million quid would be a stupid fee to sell him for with far less quality players being sold for 50 or 60 million quid. If weíre gonna suffer the disappointment of losing him at least get a great deal for the club, reinvest (wisely) and go again!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 24 Jul 23 6.24pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Elphers40

Didnít Dougie and the club offer improved terms to get rid of the release clause last year? Iím sure I read something about last year.
I know transfer fees these days are nuts -but 35 million quid would be a stupid fee to sell him for with far less quality players being sold for 50 or 60 million quid. If weíre gonna suffer the disappointment of losing him at least get a great deal for the club, reinvest (wisely) and go again!

Yes thatís been confirmed.

If we lose Olise as well as Zaha weíll need very good additions using some of that money. Ideally just Zaha for now.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 24 Jul 23 6.30pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Surely,with no release clause,we hold all the shots and can state our terms for any sale,to the highest bidder.
If he is determined to leave,surely the quoted figure of £35 m is ridiculously low,given the interest shown in him from home and abroad.PSG,for example,are some £189 m better off tonight!!

The £35m is just the supposed release clause NOT the fee we may or may not sell him for.

Edited by eagleman13 (24 Jul 2023 6.30pm)

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BelfastEagle's Profile BelfastEagle Flag 24 Jul 23 7.24pm Send a Private Message to BelfastEagle Add BelfastEagle as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

The £35m is just the supposed release clause NOT the fee we may or may not sell him for.

Edited by eagleman13 (24 Jul 2023 6.30pm)


The new terms were never signed so the £35m release clause still stands. If a team in the champions league offers £35m then he has the right to be ask to be transferred.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 24 Jul 23 7.33pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by BelfastEagle


The new terms were never signed so the £35m release clause still stands. If a team in the champions league offers £35m then he has the right to be ask to be transferred.

No, it doesn't. It has been debunked a few times on here & Darren Ambrose, live on Talksport radio this morning(BST) said it was removed & wasn't true

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 20 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Olise Injury